Sirius Satellite Radio install post delivery

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
Has anyone installed a sirius satellite radio in their 2015 Mustang after delivery? My window sticker indicated that the basic radio on my V6 is satellite capable. I am trying to find anyone who has already done this.
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Well, for starters, you will need to have installed the Shark Fin Satellite Antenna on the Trunk Lid. If they need to pull the Radio out of the Dash to install the Sirius Module Hardware or Software, prepare for Post rattles and noise.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they need to pull the Radio out of the Dash to install the Sirius Module Hardware or Software, prepare for Post rattles and noise.
If you had to pull it to add hardware/softwear why would the window sticker say satellite capable? You could add a Sirius module to any car.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If you had to pull it to add hardware/softwear why would the window sticker say satellite capable? You could add a Sirius module to any car.
Not to any car. The car has to have an FM radio in it, and speakers, or else it's not Satellite ready.

Wingzfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Can't you just plug into the auxiliary jack?

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sirius has a plug in adaptor then can be used on any Car`s Radio system. Its a clunky external box module that looks like crap. How is the Base Radio Satellite Capable when you have the "Mute" button where the "SAT" button should be? It would have cost Ford next to nothing to have included the Sirius as Standard Equipment with a free trial 6 month subscription. A damn 13K Kia Rio & Hyundai Accent comes with it. Certainly, not a deal-breaker but WTF!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lets see who Posts the first Sirius Satellite conversion and what it entails. What are you going to push to activate the feature, the "Mute" Button? You can add an (external) Sirius module to any Car buts its not "built in".

OP
OP
trublie

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
The dealer had a private contractor install a Serius Satellite radio and antenna on my 2008 F250 truck. I press the AUX button to change satellite stations. Otherwise, it functions easily like the regular radio with no rattles. A magnetic disk antenna was installed through the windshield gasket and stuck to the front roof. Only problem is I can't see an AUX button on photos of the 2015 Mustang dash. I really enjoy Sat. radio and will go the extra mile to have one installed. I just want to know what my options might be, integrated of external unit?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer had a private contractor install a Serius Satellite radio and antenna on my 2008 F250 truck. I press the AUX button to change satellite stations. Otherwise, it functions easily like the regular radio with no rattles. A magnetic disk antenna was installed through the windshield gasket and stuck to the front roof. Only problem is I can't see an AUX button on photos of the 2015 Mustang dash. I really enjoy Sat. radio and will go the extra mile to have one installed. I just want to know what my options might be, integrated of external unit?
With the Convertible, the Shark-Fin Antenna mounted on the Trunk Deck would also need to be Painted as well. Thanks Ford......NOT!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Sirius has a plug in adaptor then can be used on any Car`s Radio system. Its a clunky external box module that looks like crap. How is the Base Radio Satellite Capable when you have the "Mute" button where the "SAT" button should be? It would have cost Ford next to nothing to have included the Sirius as Standard Equipment with a free trial 6 month subscription. A damn 13K Kia Rio & Hyundai Accent comes with it. Certainly, not a deal-breaker but WTF!
My thoughts exactly. I too was wondering about this. In the pre-production base cars there was a satellite button. Why they decided to get rid of it and replace it with a mute button is beyond me. Maybe the bean counters talked them out of it in order to cut costs, but like you said, a bare bones kia has it as standard. If they didn't want to include it as standard, at least make it an option. Having to jump up to a Premium model to get satellite is idiotic. I've just settled on using the Sirius app on my phone and doing bluetooth streaming whenever I wanna listen to it. RIP data plan. :(

Sponsored

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's also standard on the base Camaro and base Charger R/T, I don't know what Ford's problem is.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Is part of a package on BMW's along with Bluetooth streaming that costs like $1000.

Andella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2008 Buell 1125R
Get Sirius on your smartphone and use the audio input jack or Bluetooth to play it. No additional work required.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get Sirius on your smartphone and use the audio input jack or Bluetooth to play it. No additional work required.
My wife streams everything through her cell phone/Bluetooth, I don't think she's ever used the actual radio in her car once since we got it.

But I have the El'Cheapskate phone plan so it would cost at least as much as the entire Sirius subscription more per year, just to listen through my cell..

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Millions of audiophiles just screamed in terror, and were silent.
Sponsored