Sponsored

Sirius Quality in LA

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Quick gut check:

Is it just me or is Sirius reception in LA awful? I'm talking West LA, Southbay, Central, etc. It loses reception frequently and overall sound quality feels meh compared to Pandora/Spotify.

Trying to figure out if its my antenna, the LA envirornment, or bad service.

Definitely going to let the trial period lapse when its up at this rate.
Sponsored

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
Mine is really good (reception wise), but I'm in central Orange County area; not too many tall buildings to block reception. However, the sound quality is always going to be subpar compared to Spotify/Pandora. The bitrate of satellite is just a lot less, but it should sound equivalent to/slightly better than standard FM.

jdizzzle00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. Magnetic
Not so sure its reception due to location but rather a bug with the sirius antenna that ford supplied. My signal cuts in an out everyday and its a known issue with ford. Search the issues/warranty tab youll find it.

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
I have reception issues off and on, in my 2016 GT. Sometimes it seems that I see 'Acquiring Signal' more than I hear sound. Other times no issues. My wife's 2012 Lexus rarely has signal issues, but even in her car I notice a few more interruptions than I used to

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Its the antenna for sure. My previous cars with Sirius/XM never had an issue. So thanks to that I wont be paying for satellite radio for this car.

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
Can it be replaced and solve the problem or it sounds like it's just a bad design by Sirus/XM or Ford or both

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I get that acquiring a signal message too. I think its the Voodoo interfering! :clap2: :D

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can it be replaced and solve the problem or it sounds like it's just a bad design by Sirus/XM or Ford or both
Would also like to know. TBH I should just program FM/AM radio presents because in the age of internet radio who really needs Sirius?

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
In my opinion, the ford radio isnt good at all, my lexus worked great, but the gt350 cut on and off.
Sponsored