Side mirror issues

kmetz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Conv. 16 Cadi SRX 18 Cadi XT5
Hey everyone. Hope you are enjoying the summer with your Mustangs!! When I had my explorer, one thing that drove me crazy was the side view mirrors. Occasionally when I'd unlock the doors I'd hear a clicking noise and it would be the drivers side mirror moving all the way down by itself, then it would keep trying to move down and click as it was trying. Same thing is now happening with the mustang. Drivers side a couple of times, now the passenger side is doing it every 3 to 4 times I get ready for a trip. I press the memory preset and it goes back to normal, but it is annoying and i'm worried at some point the motor will break.
is anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey everyone. Hope you are enjoying the summer with your Mustangs!! When I had my explorer, one thing that drove me crazy was the side view mirrors. Occasionally when I'd unlock the doors I'd hear a clicking noise and it would be the drivers side mirror moving all the way down by itself, then it would keep trying to move down and click as it was trying. Same thing is now happening with the mustang. Drivers side a couple of times, now the passenger side is doing it every 3 to 4 times I get ready for a trip. I press the memory preset and it goes back to normal, but it is annoying and i'm worried at some point the motor will break.
is anyone else experiencing this?

Check this older thread, it contains more info about the mirror click:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/anyone-elses-s550-mirrors-do-this.151199/#post-3083785

Here's an older SSM 49217:
CFD0D4E6-05A9-4B74-833A-05985935351C.jpeg

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Did you attempt to get this issue fixed with the SSM? The darn SSM came out after my factory warranty expired, I have the extended Extra Care Warranty until next year but I don't know if reprogamming the DDM and PDM modules are covered under extended warranty? I have a reacall appointment at the dealer tomorrow and was thinking of bringing this up.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Wondering if anyone else has this issue or had it completed after the warranty was out? Mine has this issue pretty badly, especially when cold. I have to press one of the memory buttons to make it stop or it will keep going for up to 30 seconds.
Sponsored