Show and Shine... Post your ride

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
After much deliberation and some false starts I’m right there with you on the old school wax mode too. Both my Mustangs are unashamed pretty day only cruisers and will only ever see rain accidentally. My biggest concern is protecting the front end from bugs until I can get home that day and take care of it. So right now I’m just using good ol’ Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax with a lot of Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultimate Quick Wax on top. I like the way it looks and it’s easy to deal with, but obviously it wouldn’t be the solution for a DD.

I have also considered using Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax as a topcoat for a little more protection but haven’t gone that way yet. Good news is that Meguiar’s says it’s OK to stack these products and actually kinda encourages it.
I use the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax on my wife’s SUV and it’s really good for a liquid wax.
Thanks both for the recommendation. Will give it a try.

Don't want to hijack the thread but will also like the opinion of @DFB5.0 with all the experience he have. with different products.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
full disclosure...I have not washed it in two weeks and it has been living outside.
We had a good rain the other day and it cleaned itself :cwl:
IMG_5409.jpg
IMG_5410.jpg
IMG_5411.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks both for the recommendation. Will give it a try.

Don't want to hijack the thread but will also like the opinion of @DFB5.0 with all the experience he have. with different products.
Absolutely nothing wrong with wax, it still has a place, especially if the car is a weekender/garage queen where ultimate longevity is not at the top of your list.

I mention this a lot, but I would be hard pressed to go past good old Collinite 845. On Race Red, it's stunning!

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (autogeek.net)

IMG-7544.jpg

Images NOT enhanced or edited -

oct209.jpg

oct210.jpg

I would also look at Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant -

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (autogeek.net)

dec299.jpg

dec2916.jpg

A bottle of both Collinite 845 and Wolfgang DGPS will last you for years, offsetting the additional cost of the later somewhat. Can't speak more highly for both.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely nothing wrong with wax, it still has a place, especially if the car is a weekender/garage queen where ultimate longevity is not at the top of your list.

I mention this a lot, but I would be hard pressed to go past good old Collinite 845. On Race Red, it's stunning!

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (autogeek.net)

IMG-7544.jpg

oct209.jpg

oct210.jpg

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (autogeek.net)

dec299.jpg

dec2916.jpg

A bottle of both Collinite 845 and Wolfgang DGPS will last you for years, offsetting the additional cost of the later somewhat. Can't speak more highly for both.
@DFB5.0 Thanks for the recommendation and detailed explanation. Can both be applied by hand? I have a Griot's G9 but for quick detail i go by hand.

For sure i will give that combination a try and give feedback.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

IMG-7544.jpg

oct209.jpg

oct210.jpg

dec299.jpg

dec2916.jpg

Beautiful 845 results!

Any problem with grease spots popping up the next day? Seems like I heard that somewhere.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 Thanks for the recommendation and detailed explanation. Can both be applied by hand? I have a Griot's G9 but for quick detail i go by hand.

For sure i will give that combination a try and give feedback.
Both can be applied by hand or via a machine with an ultra soft pad. You get more control by hand, and a thinner and more even application by machine. Pros and cons for both methods.

For clarification, you would use one or the other, not as a combination.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Beautiful 845 results!

Any problem with grease spots popping up the next day? Seems like I heard that somewhere.
I have not observed “grease spots” but Collinite 845 can haze up a little within a day or so. This is a quirk of the product that washes away at the next wash, so don’t panic if you observe this, it does seem to be climatic dependent.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Spent my afternoon returning the XR8 back to DFB-Spec..............

Used ReTyre for the rubber -

IMG_4747.jpg

Used Obsessed Garage Drying Aid across the paint, door jambs, wheels and engine bay. Such a great product; super easy to use and amps up the gloss and slickness.

IMG-2838.jpg

OG Tire Dressing as well -

IMG-2880.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

The paint was so slick I had some trouble attempting to re-fit the cover -

IMG-4774.jpg

Now back to spec and put on the battery tender, it's ready for another day. 😁

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It dawned on me last night why my GT350 fund isn't growing. Every time DFB5.0 posts something about a new product, I just have to buy it. Fortunately, I do have one car that deserves these products and I used many of them last night. These pictures are before I even waxed it. The little Makita blower I bought works amazing for getting water out of all the nooks and crannies. Looking forward to trying out my new Rupes polisher.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
Ok - you know it's coming and I'm sure everyone asks and you're tired of the question BUT I just HAVE to ask it:

Is it a genuine Cobra or Kit? I'm usually pretty good with determining in person being able to view the underlying chassis/frame and body BUC/VIN plate - but it's much harder to do it from picts online. Your wheels aren't the typical "kit look" - and most folks who build the kits don't go with genuine knock offs along with the safety wire...

Mongoose930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
427 Cobra
It is actually neither. It is a ground-up recreation. The frame was built to the original dimensions. The body is aluminum and pretty much everything else will swap with an original Cobra. It took about 8 years from start to finish. My only concessions to originality are upgraded brakes and Tremec TKO600
chassis.JPG
5 speed.

DUFF TT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Twin Turbo
Shine em' up, shine em' up

IMG_20220830_191149 (1).jpg
Sponsored