2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nice choice in floor design! :rockon: Your car looks outstanding also!
Thank you sir! I've been following your posts and love your attention to detail.

I would love to employ your services but we are on opposite ends of the country haha.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to employ your services but we are on opposite ends of the country haha.
Looking at the picture of your car it doesn’t look like I’d have much to do! I imagine after a track day it would be a little more of a challenge! Judging from the picture it looks like you know what your doing! :rockon:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I put my new polishers to work and and polished every nook and cranny! The weather has been terrible, good time to get busy and do it! The plan was to spend a couple of hours polishing. Just under 4 hours later I was done. Time goes by fast when your having fun. Very therapeutic, relaxing with music playing. (Stevie Ray Vaughan)
3024507E-6862-4ADA-8D25-4C84515A6009.jpeg
BC08D821-013E-4266-AB74-330362FF9733.jpeg
1DD93F3B-8D72-4DDC-9E8B-1808D85AF67F.jpeg
B6F2B30E-6AE8-4BAF-9CCD-1D5E8C4EC284.jpeg
647EFB76-C5C2-43E5-8560-CDB84F4199F8.jpeg
Which one of the three did you like the most?

Any operational benefit of having the both the short and long neck versions of the Nano?

Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which one of the three did you like the most?
Each machine has its purpose.
I actually used the Rupes BIGFOOT LHR 21 Mark III on the hood, roof, and truck lid.
The BIGFOOT LHR 15 MARK III on portions of the sides
The BIGFOOT MINI HLR 75 IBRID on the front and back and on portions of the sides
The new 75 IBRID is such a pleasure to use without dragging a chord around. I absolutely love it. Definitely a time saver.

I set up the long neck Nano with Dual Action (DA) head
The short neck Nano with the rotary Head.

Used the Nano long neck DA on wider sections.
Used the Nano short neck with rotary to get right up to close edges of the plastic door sills plastic, the metal latches, edges of the front grill, rear tail lights etc….. etc.

If I had to pick one Nano I’d recommend the long neck.
First place that comes to mind that it can be used would be inside the barrel of rims. Would help to get in a little further.

The short neck, once you find the sweet speed can be used with one hand to polish and the other to wipe off the product your using.

The following is a list of my Rupes machines
BIGFOOT LHR 21 ES
BIGFOOT LHR 21 MARK III
BIGFOOT LHR 15 MARK III
BIGFOOT MINI LHR 75 E
BIGFOOT MIN HLR 75 IBRID
IBRID NANO POLISHER LONG NECK
IBRID NANO POLISHER SHORT NECK

I also have a Flex Rotary machine. (personally prefer Rupes. Better balance machine, just my opinion)

Putting the cars away for the winter is depressing.
Time to turn up the heat, turn up the Bose system and polish everything in the garage.

Oh! I just ordered vinyl flames for my snowblower! :crazy:

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Managed to wash and put another coat of ceramic spray on before the rain came in. It’s a shame my wife’s brand new Lexus is going to have to sit outside all night but mine needs to cure a little while.😜😜The tire and wheels will have to wait until tomorrow.
DA52A468-C62F-4315-876F-B7AFB99B4296.jpeg
FCD87AF8-5BE7-4C73-B321-F65C1B1A4675.jpeg

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Each machine has its purpose.
I actually used the Rupes BIGFOOT LHR 21 Mark III on the hood, roof, and truck lid.
The BIGFOOT LHR 15 MARK III on portions of the sides
The BIGFOOT MINI HLR 75 IBRID on the front and back and on portions of the sides
The new 75 IBRID is such a pleasure to use without dragging a chord around. I absolutely love it. Definitely a time saver.

I set up the long neck Nano with Dual Action (DA) head
The short neck Nano with the rotary Head.

Used the Nano long neck DA on wider sections.
Used the Nano short neck with rotary to get right up to close edges of the plastic door sills plastic, the metal latches, edges of the front grill, rear tail lights etc….. etc.

If I had to pick one Nano I’d recommend the long neck.
First place that comes to mind that it can be used would be inside the barrel of rims. Would help to get in a little further.

The short neck, once you find the sweet speed can be used with one hand to polish and the other to wipe off the product your using.

The following is a list of my Rupes machines
BIGFOOT LHR 21 ES
BIGFOOT LHR 21 MARK III
BIGFOOT LHR 15 MARK III
BIGFOOT MINI LHR 75 E
BIGFOOT MIN HLR 75 IBRID
IBRID NANO POLISHER LONG NECK
IBRID NANO POLISHER SHORT NECK

I also have a Flex Rotary machine. (personally prefer Rupes. Better balance machine, just my opinion)

Putting the cars away for the winter is depressing.
Time to turn up the heat, turn up the Bose system and polish everything in the garage.

Oh! I just ordered vinyl flames for my snowblower! :crazy:
Wow. Lester, you seem incredibly knowledgeable! Question for you - I just got my car PPFd and then ceramic coated. I've watched a bunch of youtube videos of best aftercare but they all seem to differ slightly. I know I can't wash the car until 2 weeks after coating was applied...but what is the correct process? I was going to buy PH neutral soap, do my usual 2 bucket method, dry with leaf blower, and then do you apply anything afterwards to keep the ceramic coating up?

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Lester, you seem incredibly knowledgeable! Question for you - I just got my car PPFd and then ceramic coated. I've watched a bunch of youtube videos of best aftercare but they all seem to differ slightly. I know I can't wash the car until 2 weeks after coating was applied...but what is the correct process? I was going to buy PH neutral soap, do my usual 2 bucket method, dry with leaf blower, and then do you apply anything afterwards to keep the ceramic coating up?
My cars or any of my customers don’t have PPF or ceramic coatings on them. I have a good friend that had his Camaro done this summer who is another fanatic. I just asked him and his answer was:
“My wrap is Xpel so I use Xpel ceramic boost, Xpel PPF detail spray, and Xpel PPF cleaner. All available on their
site”
7D7F62EB-32B9-45B9-BE0E-E21F84030B32.jpeg

EE2A1701-2078-46B4-9314-228DDF36EE8E.jpeg
5BBA1FAF-0928-40D1-9A7C-A6EB84A50BF9.jpeg
F18C1C0C-1B81-4860-8CE6-F5D8D3B5A8D3.jpeg
BC9652F6-C737-45DE-96AD-AF21C646C43D.jpeg

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
My cars or any of my customers don’t have PPF or ceramic coatings on them. I have a good friend that had his Camaro done this summer who is another fanatic. I just asked him and his answer was:
“My wrap is Xpel so I use Xpel ceramic boost, Xpel PPF detail spray, and Xpel PPF cleaner. All available on their
site”

EE2A1701-2078-46B4-9314-228DDF36EE8E.jpeg
5BBA1FAF-0928-40D1-9A7C-A6EB84A50BF9.jpeg
F18C1C0C-1B81-4860-8CE6-F5D8D3B5A8D3.jpeg
BC9652F6-C737-45DE-96AD-AF21C646C43D.jpeg
Beautiful car... Are those Rims OEM?

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Quick wash, clay mit, and wax today

PXL_20221203_204150978.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You don't necessarily need to use PPF specific products, you would though show caution with certain solvents (bug and tar removers ect).

Because the PPF is coated, you would treat the car like any other ceramic coated vehicle.

For washing, use a pH neutral soap free of additional gloss enhancers. For example, Meguiar's Gold Class has gloss enhancers, soaps like Carpro Reset, Adam's Car Shampoo and Koch Chemie GSF are all additive free. Those gloss enhancers can leave unsightly residues on ceramic coatings.

Your method outlined above is sound, use a quality soap, either from a foam cannon and/or the two-bucket method, use a microfiber wash mitt or pad. After the wash, blow the car dry. If you want, you can also use a towel and a drying aid to mop up any remaining water. (A drying aid is a liquid product used to provide lubrication when towel drying, boosts gloss and adds further short-term protection. Products like quick detailers and spray sealants would be suitable, including P&S Beadmaker, Carpro Elixir, Adam's SlicknSlide, Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer.)

Apply a ceramic coating topper every 6 months to get the most from the coating long term. (Ideally, use the product in the same family as your ceramic coating, but the above drying aids will be sufficient.)

Occasionally, you may need to give the car a more thorough cleaning, say every 10-12 months, with a higher pH soap to properly cleanse and revive the coating. Look at Carpro Lift for example.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thank you Les and thank you DFB VERY much! This is my first ceramic/PPF car so want to keep it pristine.

And yes those are the stock 1LE rims. I actually sold my 1LE to move to the 350. You CAN NOT go wrong with either car, both handle extremely well and are a hoot to drive. If they could combine the 6th gen camaro chassis with the Voodoo from the 350 = PERFECT muscle car IMO.
Sponsored