2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Spectacular shine šŸ‘. What do you use?
Thanks man. It was done by a professional so Iā€™m not too sure.

Honestly I think the fact that it was washed, clay-barred and under good lighting makes all the difference.

My car is no show car, it just looks like one in this picture lol
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
What's the specs on the GTO? I so wanted one of those when they came out, but was in my early 20s and it was not affordable. How do you like it? I rarely see them running around, even when they were still in production. Always thought it would be a great "sleeper" car, like the G8 that proceeded it or the Chevy SS that was made a few years back. I looked at one back in the early 2000s, it was black with a red leather interior. I ended up with a 03 Nissan 350z which was an awesome car too. I drove it for 8 years before trading it in.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
What's the specs on the GTO? I so wanted one of those when they came out, but was in my early 20s and it was not affordable. How do you like it? I rarely see them running around, even when they were still in production. Always thought it would be a great "sleeper" car, like the G8 that proceeded it or the Chevy SS that was made a few years back. I looked at one back in the early 2000s, it was black with a red leather interior. I ended up with a 03 Nissan 350z which was an awesome car too. I drove it for 8 years before trading it in.
Itā€™s an FBO 92/92 FAST 04 GTO M6. 120K miles 358/371 on a 91 tune with no cam. Bought it pretty raw. Needed new paint job and a lot of work, new trans and itā€™s almost done. I need to do the interiors. Now how do I like it? I love it. Itā€™s all mechanical no gadgets. I put on a full suspension. Upgraded sway bars front and rear, upgraded poly bushings, coil overs in the front, lowering springs an adjustable shocks in the rear. Has a stage 2 t56 with a sikky shifter, 1 piece DSS driveshaft, 3.73 gears all in all its a joy to drive. The car feels really planted around corners with very little body roll. Just a joy to drive hard. If you get a chance to pick one up do it, they are getting more and more rare but once they are done right the cars are so damn fun. 3750lbs curb weight so a little on the chubby side but still an amazing car. Itā€™s going to end up with my oldest daughter. Sheā€™s a gear head like her old man and her first LS based car. Sheā€™s been driving Subies for a while. Sheā€™s on her 3rd WRX so this is going to be really fun for her. She picks it up in May.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Thatā€˜s it?

Sure looks good.
LOL. You make it sound easy. For this old man nothing is easy anymore. Before the Adamā€™s I did a paint correction using Chemical Guys V36. Using the orbital polisher just wears me out. But, thanks for liking it. I want to see how the Adamā€™s holds up compared to the Nexgen I used on my wifeā€™s new ride.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
LOL. You make it sound easy. For this old man nothing is easy anymore. Before the Adamā€™s I did a paint correction using Chemical Guys V36. Using the orbital polisher just wears me out. But, thanks for liking it. I want to see how the Adamā€™s holds up compared to the Nexgen I used on my wifeā€™s new ride.
Donā€™t be surprised if the NexGen craps out after a few months. My dad wanted to try it on his truck and my momā€™s Cadillac this past spring. We did the full decontamination and one step paint correction and it lasted maybe 3 months. He threw the remainder of it away and we did the Adamā€™s Graphene Advanced coating and itā€™s performing very well so far. Hopefully you have a better experience with NexGen but it my experience itā€™s garbage. Adamā€™s makes a good product, your RR looks fantastic!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Donā€™t be surprised if the NexGen craps out after a few months. My dad wanted to try it on his truck and my momā€™s Cadillac this past spring. We did the full decontamination and one step paint correction and it lasted maybe 3 months. He threw the remainder of it away and we did the Adamā€™s Graphene Advanced coating and itā€™s performing very well so far. Hopefully you have a better experience with NexGen but it my experience itā€™s garbage. Adamā€™s makes a good product, your RR looks fantastic!
Iā€™m not going to attempt a true ceramic coat. I consider the sprays whether it be Nexgen, Adamā€™s, etc to be nothing but a sudo spray wax and as such I donā€™t expect any of them to last longer than maybe 3-4 months. The price is usually a dead giveaway when it comes to staying power.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Iā€™m not going to attempt a true ceramic coat. I consider the sprays whether it be Nexgen, Adamā€™s, etc to be nothing but a sudo spray wax and as such I donā€™t expect any of them to last longer than maybe 3-4 months. The price is usually a dead giveaway when it comes to staying power.
Donā€™t sell the cheap stuff short, prep is key. From my own experiences I applied the Adams ceramic coating for like $60 and itā€™s still holding strong after 18 months. Our car is parked outside no garage. Proper washing techniques and application of some kind of topper/sacrificial layer will help with maintaining properties of ceramic coating

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased two Rupes polishers a couple weeks ago. I got a Bigfoot HLR75 Ibrid Mini
C0F333CB-2018-46C0-A6BC-53C45E83BEC0.jpeg

and an Ibrid Nano Long Neck. (Short next is supposed to be delivered tomorrow)
D7B6A2B6-75B6-4C96-9972-6EEF88B18C01.jpeg

Iā€™ve finished detailing the Roush engine compartment using both machines. Definitely made adding shine to the painted sections easy but they didnā€™t help the pain in my back from bending over for so long!
FDF5D32E-6745-49AB-B8CA-99D7999D555B.jpeg

0CD02C3B-4615-4859-87AC-33E2F1BC2C2B.jpeg

I used the Nano on the Shelby rims and the aluminum section attached to the rotors, the exhaust tips and started to detail Shelby engine bay today.
B1E3A962-BF46-4FF8-B45F-93B86461B5BF.jpeg

4930C849-D9DF-4321-97A8-7B0051355ED8.jpeg

D22F0DA7-FB7C-43D6-AFF3-0F0F0DA75E54.jpeg
Well! I wonā€™t be bored on these cold crappy days coming this season! Thereā€˜s plenty to keep me busy with my new toys.

1A31F9C6-6D3D-45E3-B05D-D7E910047955.jpeg
Sponsored