Show and Shine... Post your ride

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I really like the way this product is applied to a pad or applicator, very much like a deodorant stick.

IMG_1298.jpg

The application process involves applying the wax to the entire vehicle, as thin and evenly as possible. You then allow it to set/cure for 30 minutes before starting to buff off. Q2 Wax can used as standalone protection or applied over the top of a ceramic coating. Gyeon don't state a longevity claim which leads me to think 6 months would be the maximum, for a garage queen you could probably double that.
Thanks @DFB5.0. I will give it a try. My car is outdoor 24/7 that's why i am looking for durability. No ceramic in my case.
Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Thanks @DFB5.0. I will give it a try. My car is outdoor 24/7 that's why i am looking for durability. No ceramic in my case.
I really like the way they packaged that wax. I wish more manufacturers would package it that way. Less waste it would seem to me and easier to apply to your pad.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If you want to stay with a wax, don't discount Collinite 845 either.

IMG-7544.jpg

845 will last 5 - 6 months and looks absolutely fantastic on Race Red! 😁

oct209.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I really like the way they packaged that wax. I wish more manufacturers would package it that way. Less waste it would seem to me and easier to apply to your pad.
The way Q2 Wax applies is fantastic, you just swipe the end of the stick over a pad a few times and then go for it. I also found it spreads very well too, those couple of swipes onto the pad gave great coverage. I used a soft finishing pad to get a thin, even coat.

IMG-1297.jpg

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
If you want to stay with a wax, don't discount Collinite 845 either.

IMG-7544.jpg

845 will last 5 - 6 months and looks absolutely fantastic on Race Red! 😁

oct209.jpg
Jajajajjjja Please don't make it more difficult to me. Jajajajajjaj

To be honest, i have been using and still have Xtreme Solutions Magnum WAX and Polyseal Sealant. They work but i find the the durability is not there even using them one on top of the other.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
The way Q2 Wax applies is fantastic, you just swipe the end of the stick over a pad a few times and then go for it. I also found it spreads very well too, those couple of swipes onto the pad gave great coverage. I used a soft finishing pad to get a thin, even coat.

IMG-1297.jpg
I'm familiar with that brand, I have not seen the wax on any websites in the US, though I haven't done a ton of research on it. I would try it if I am able to find it. I am a little old school I guess, as I prefer carnauba wax, and not sure what kind that is. My car is kept indoors 24/7, just used for leisure, not commuting, so when it's waxed it lasts a while for me. Plus tons of detail spray, usually weekly on that.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

IMG-1297.jpg
Well I just did some research and found that wax in the US. Watched a youtube video about it, and it seems awesome. I am definitely going to try it. It's only 55.00, so I thought that is a pretty good price, and comes with an applicator and a towel. Thanks for your info about this product, or I would not have known about it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am a little old school I guess, as I prefer carnauba wax, and not sure what kind that is.
Amazon said:
FLOURINE FORMULA - GUARANTEEING AMAZING WATER BEADING AND GLOSS - FIGHTS CAVITIES

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well I just did some research and found that wax in the US. Watched a youtube video about it, and it seems awesome. I am definitely going to try it. It's only 55.00, so I thought that is a pretty good price, and comes with an applicator and a towel. Thanks for your info about this product, or I would not have known about it.
I get all my Gyeon products from Detailed Image. Also checkout their Bathe+ Si02 Shampoo and Ceramic Detailer. Insane gloss and beading.

https://www.detailedimage.com/Gyeon-M91/Wax-P2451/
https://www.detailedimage.com/Gyeon-M91/Bathe-P1422/1000-ml-S2/
https://www.detailedimage.com/Gyeon-M91/Ceramic-Detailer-P2458/1000-ml-S2/

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Auto Geek also sell it -
https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-q2-wax.html

Q2 Wax was only released in early 2021 so their doesn't seem to be a whole lot of content on it yet. If you do go ahead with it, make sure to follow the 30 min cure time before wiping it off.

I can totally understand your old-school thinking, as I believe waxes still have their place. Ceramic coatings are next level for protection and longevity but they are not for everyone. I like to chop and change between products, so a wax with 6 month durability is not an issue for me, just means I get to try something else.