Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Auto Geek also sell it -
https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-q2-wax.html

Q2 Wax was only released in early 2021 so their doesn't seem to be a whole lot of content on it yet. If you do go ahead with it, make sure to follow the 30 min cure time before wiping it off.

I can totally understand your old-school thinking, as I believe waxes still have their place. Ceramic coatings are next level for protection and longevity but they are not for everyone. I like to chop and change between products, so a wax with 6 month durability is not an issue for me, just means I get to try something else.
Yeah, I did read about it and was surprised about a 30 minute dry time. I have not used anything like that before. It does get hot here in Utah, and want to ask you if it is easy to remove in warm weather. Of course, I know about not applying waxes in the sun, cool car sheetmetal, etc., but after such a long cure time I hope it comes off easily.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah, I did read about it and was surprised about a 30 minute dry time. I have not used anything like that before. It does get hot here in Utah, and want to ask you if it is easy to remove in warm weather. Of course, I know about not applying waxes in the sun, cool car sheetmetal, etc., but after such a long cure time I hope it comes off easily.
I used the product on a 64 deg F day so can't comment on its application on hotter days. You will most likely find the 30 min cure time will be shorter in that case.

In terms of the 30 min cure/dry time, by the time you have worked your way around the car applying the wax, cleaned up/packed away some equipment, it's generally time to start buffing. I thought the 30 min factor would be a pain, but it was a non-issue.

They key to any wax is to apply it as thinly as possible, allowing for an easier buff off, without compromising the durability or gloss.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I used the product on a 64 deg F day so can't comment on its application on hotter days. You will most likely find the 30 min cure time will be shorter in that case.

In terms of the 30 min cure/dry time, by the time you have worked your way around the car applying the wax, cleaned up/packed away some equipment, it's generally time to start buffing. I thought the 30 min factor would be a pain, but it was a non-issue.

They key to any wax is to apply it as thinly as possible, allowing for an easier buff off, without compromising the durability or gloss.
Thanks for your advice. I also did find that the product does contain carnauba wax, so I thought that was good. I like the warm glow that carnauba imparts, and it is a natural, renewable source. I've been using high end waxes for years, and I know that less is more kind of a thing, and not putting wax on thick. Then it's just too hard to remove anyway. And when I clay it first, it comes off real easy generally.

Sponsored