Sponsored

Should I buy a 2022 Mustang Convertible?

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Well... I had an estimated build date of May 11th. I contacted the dealer yesterday for an update. No movement on car build progress. They mentioned it could be many months before I see the car. I must admit it makes me wonder if I should wait for the new model... Thoughts?

Anyway, with that in mind I'm thinking of buying a 2 seater convertible to play with while I wait. Something about 4 to 12 years old around 10 to 18k GBP. Suggestions?

Cheers,
Doylum
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Honda S2000 or Mazda MX-5. Both are as much fun as it gets. The danger with one of those is that you may find it even more fun, and love it even more, than the upcoming Mustang. :giggle:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
SSR. Might be a collectors piece at some point.
I didn't know what that was; I had to look it up. Big mistake. Now I can't unsee it. :giggle:
It's a good thing they never sold it here. I could have a heart attack if I saw it in the rear view mirror, especially at night. :cwl:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Woo hoo. After a gentle nudge to the dealer for an update I now have a VIN, Build Date of 15th August, and Delivery Date estimate of 8th October.

Excited!!! :)
Congrats 🥳 they would of only just got that news, as allocations for August were done on Thursday and Friday last week 👍

Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I’m supposed to be picking mine up tomorrow but I’m horrified to see this, it doesn’t look finished to me, no one in the dealership seems to know anything about it and there’s nothing in the car, is this how it’s supposed to look?

D1672EE4-0867-4C7D-AA40-B950F5AFF021.jpeg

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
I’m supposed to be picking mine up tomorrow but I’m horrified to see this, it doesn’t look finished to me, no one in the dealership seems to know anything about it and there’s nothing in the car, is this how it’s supposed to look?

Have you also ordered a California Special?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Looks to me like the aerial has been removed for transit. It should be somewhere inside the car. try glovebox, under the boot floor, even rolled under the seat.

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp

OMG!!! Quick...run away!!!
:shock::shock::shock:

Actually...it's not as bad as it looks. The dealer did not screw on the flexible, 13" foot antenna yet.

Have them look around the trunk, spare tire well, under the seats, etc. for a 13" foot black antenna.

If someone swiped it...it can be reordered by the dealer and screwed on in seconds.

Congrats on the vert!!

CVCashmere

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
OMG!!! Quick...run away!!!
:shock::shock::shock:

Actually...it's not as bad as it looks. The dealer did not screw on the flexible, 13" foot antenna yet.

Have them look around the trunk, spare tire well, under the seats, etc. for a 13" foot black antenna.

If someone swiped it...it can be reordered by the dealer and screwed on in seconds.

Congrats on the vert!!

CVCashmere
Thanks, the dealer has ordered one, but I had to pressure them.

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Latest update....

Just got an email from my dealer. Car was built on August 24th and is off the assembly line but not on a ship yet. ETA 5th November....

It'll be so nice to get my Cyber Yellow Convertible just in time for the long, dark, cold winter.... Jeez. :)
Sponsored