Sponsored

Should I buy a 2022 Mustang Convertible?

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I’ve heard a whisper that any cars that arrive after December 31st won’t be registerable in the UK, sounds ominous to me and could mark the end of official Mustang imports
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I’ve heard a whisper that any cars that arrive after December 31st won’t be registerable in the UK, sounds ominous to me and could mark the end of official Mustang imports
New regulations from the 1st Jan, all Mustangs have to be registered before then otherwise they go back home and that why MY23 will not be coming over

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
A sad day for freedom of choice, to quote the WEF ‘You will own nothing and be happy’.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
New regulations from the 1st Jan, all Mustangs have to be registered before then otherwise they go back home and that why MY23 will not be coming over
Do you mean the new noise regulations ? In which case there is no way Ford will do anything to the S550 Mustang now, as production stops early next year anyway. The big question is how long we will have to wait for the S650, if it ever gets here at all.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If that’s your view then you’re part of the problem, sleepwalking into draconian control

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Do you mean the new noise regulations ? In which case there is no way Ford will do anything to the S550 Mustang now, as production stops early next year anyway. The big question is how long we will have to wait for the S650, if it ever gets here at all.
No that was the 1st July, this is another rule that every item has to be labelled on a new car, but I do wonder if the S650 will ever be released in the UK

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Latest update:

UK Ford dealer got in touch yesterday. Apparently my Mustang is VoW (Vehicle on Wheels). This means the car is built, but is missing a part and waiting for whatever it needs to be completed to arrive. Shame. It's been Assembly Offline since Aug 24th.

Est Dealer Delivery Date... November 19th... At this rate it might end up being an Xmas Present. :(

Sponsored
OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
Still no movement on the car... Is this normal? Taking bloody ages. :(

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
I saw a car transporter carrying nothing but new mustang convertibles, yesterday on a motorway.

Australian RHD 22my are getting canaled and rebooked as 23My. - 22MY production is ending soon.

Would ask your dealer for more information

OP
OP

Doylum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Skoda Fabia
This is the latest update on my car. Any idea what it means?

Cheers,
Doylum

1668347574265.png

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
This is the latest update on my car. Any idea what it means?
It's been checked in at the Dock - it will take between a month and three months for it to be placed on a boat.

It took just under/around two months for my Mach 1 to be released onto a ship, then three weeks for it to be released from the UK ports. Then around 2 weeks for dealers to do their checks + dealer addons to be installed.

Picking it up in mid dec ish.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It's been checked in at the Dock - it will take between a month and three months for it to be placed on a boat.

It took just under/around two months for my Mach 1 to be released onto a ship, then three weeks for it to be released from the UK ports. Then around 2 weeks for dealers to do their checks + dealer addons to be installed.

Picking it up in mid dec ish.
If it takes that long then he won’t be getting it, as they can’t register them after the 1st Jan 2023
Sponsored