Short throw shifter shifter ball options

Bcintron19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I recently installed a steeda tri-ax race short throw shifter and have been having trouble getting the shift knob to stay attached onto the threads. I was looking at the MGW shifter balls, does anyone know if that will fit with the shifter I have?
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have the ford performance one and had to take the nut out. I used a bit extra locktite and it’s been good to go. Just make sure the reverse collar functions before you set the knob.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The shift knob is fine. Changing it won't solve the issue, unless you manage to find one that just happens to have the thread exactly as long as you need.
Use a bit of blue Loctite (not red!) or a locking nut. Problem solved.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ford performance one and had to take the nut out. I used a bit extra locktite and it’s been good to go. Just make sure the reverse collar functions before you set the knob.
This.

Put the car in reverse, screw the knob all the way down, back it off to the first almost level gate pattern, put it in third, level the gate pattern exactly and then leave it overnight :like:

WD :like:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We've gotten this question more than we'd like to admit, so we thought a video would be the best way to answer. You may think a shift knob is a no-brainer, but people forget important steps that can lead to serious problems. Check out this video with our head technician, Jamie, and how to properly install your shift knob. No more problems with it coming loose, being crooked, or coming off completely.

Sponsored