Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hello everyone,

So I took my car to the dealer recently to replace the plastic trim around the shifter as it was getting cracking and squeeky, and like anything from the dealer u leave with a new problem. The shift collar is all rattle and loose and im sick of going to the dealer already, so its time for an aftermarket shifter and kick this OEM POS into the pacific ocean.

Im leaning more towards barton hybrid 3 for the reverse pull up collar, but still considering an mgw just because of how much praise it gets. These are my two top options as i want trans mounted. The car is as daily and I live in LA.

Any thoughts, opinions between the barton and mgw? Is the mgw significantly better?

Thank you everyone as always!
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I personally won't use anything but MGW. Not that Barton doesn't make a great shifter because it's fine. MGW has always been top dog on modern Mustangs, probably 20 years or so. George, the owner designs them personally and watches the operation like a hawk.

I had one of the 1st beta models for my '05 and George sent me upgraded parts for the shifter as he improved the design over a short time. I had a triax on that car first and being supercharged I hated it. Missed high rpm shifts to 3rd constantly and after the MGW install all I have to do is push it forward without a thought. I've installed several and for other people too. They are just built extremely well.