Sponsored

Shelby SE is out!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
On the other hand could probably save half by doing all it your self and skip the one year “limited warranty “
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Rather spend $10k less on this.
https://www.fathouseperformance.com...latform/2020-gt500/package/1000r-supercharged

This is what I would do If I can pick up base new or used in a couple of years ... but no warranty .

For once I would love to have 10 second car off the showroom floor ... with a warranty .
While that's a lot of power, there are no other upgrades beside power adders and cooling for the additional power. At least the Shelby includes upgraded suspension components and half shafts, as well as wheels/tires (assuming you get to keep your factory set). I'm not saying whether or not the Shelby is worth it, but it's more than just power, like the Fathouse upgrades.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
While that's a lot of power, there are no other upgrades beside power adders and cooling for the additional power. At least the Shelby includes upgraded suspension components and half shafts, as well as wheels/tires (assuming you get to keep your factory set). I'm not saying whether or not the Shelby is worth it, but it's more than just power, like the Fathouse upgrades.
You do get to keep the factory wheels or what ever wheels you send them the Shelby wheels are just another set I would assume more for show and your CFTP wheels are for track

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
You do get to keep the factory wheels or what ever wheels you send them the Shelby wheels are just another set I would assume more for show and your CFTP wheels are for track
What is more showy than exposed CF wheels? I think it's just something to prop up the price, or for those that don't want to DD with the CF wheels on the car.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
What is more showy than exposed CF wheels? I think it's just something to prop up the price, or for those that don't want to DD with the CF wheels on the car.
Well I think we all know shinny/chrome is what attracts on the show field, I don’t like shiny and always go for blacked out look and most don’t ogle over my cars put one with chrome next to her she gets all the attention. Plus 80% of the people that go to shows would not even understand if they even noticed the wheels were CF or not. Those of us that track our cars and do shows for fun too don’t care but there are a bunch of people that love to show their car and we need them out showing these bad boys off

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
True but how much “upgrading “ does rhe GT 500 suspension really need, especially if you start with a CFTP ?
I suspect the stock half shafts are beefy enough already and already probably an “upgrade “ over the ones in the GT 350.
There fathous package also comes with the Toyo tires and I am sure they will be glad to install the same suspension /cooling upgrades for much less than $10K .
If you are in to stickers and that kind of thing the 1000R badge is pretty cool too. lol

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Boil it all down and its just a few minor upgrades and a spot in the Shelby registry. Not worth it to me, but it may be to others.
I have 850 rear wheel hp i spent a little over 1500 and 1500 for tune gauge and labor 850 to the rear wheel is about 940 to crank its a cool package but the cost is would be a factor the hood is awesome though and a nice touch along with the normal seat conversion with new pattern they created
So would you ever want to have fun like track the car ect with such a limited product or would this be a great cars and coffee driver

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have 850 rear wheel hp i spent a little over 1500 and 1500 for tune gauge and labor 850 to the rear wheel is about 940 to crank its a cool package but the cost is would be a factor the hood is awesome though and a nice touch along with the normal seat conversion with new pattern they created
So would you ever want to have fun like track the car ect with such a limited product or would this be a great cars and coffee driver
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but for a track car, its not all about whp, but how the car puts the hp down. If you take an engineered product and then try to change it to the point that it changes the engineered characteristics, well then you are left with a circus side show.

Jmho, but hp isn't everything.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but for a track car, its not all about whp, but how the car puts the hp down. If you take an engineered product and then try to change it to the point that it changes the engineered characteristics, well then you are left with a circus side show.

Jmho, but hp isn't everything.
This is true I was trying to say fo 28000 for the se package and what it offers I was showing the difference between the two
As for your comment on whp your right if the car was tail happy ever time you floored it or the wheel spin was so great you couldnt leave the line then yeah your right its a circus show. However after tracking the car twice at two different tracks and sprinted driving the car has no wheel spin leaving the line and exiting the apex out of a turn is completely manageable its nice to have the extra whp for acceleration I didnt buy the gt500 just to go fast I bought it because of the handling and having the hp which puts u in the same league of high priced exotics. You will agree when you take delivery of your 500 I traded my 16 911 gts for the 500 because its a much better car and higher performer. The 500 has awesome brakes ans suspension why not utilize the extra fun factor of having more speed especially at Daytona hpde

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is true I was trying to say fo 28000 for the se package and what it offers I was showing the difference between the two
As for your comment on whp your right if the car was tail happy ever time you floored it or the wheel spin was so great you couldnt leave the line then yeah your right its a circus show. However after tracking the car twice at two different tracks and sprinted driving the car has no wheel spin leaving the line and exiting the apex out of a turn is completely manageable its nice to have the extra whp for acceleration I didnt buy the gt500 just to go fast I bought it because of the handling and having the hp which puts u in the same league of high priced exotics. You will agree when you take delivery of your 500 I traded my 16 911 gts for the 500 because its a much better car and higher performer. The 500 has awesome brakes ans suspension why not utilize the extra fun factor of having more speed especially at Daytona hpde
Then I will see you in Daytona.
Sponsored