Sponsored

SHELBY Letters on front lower spoiler in color, how is this done?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
i did mine yesterday was easy once you spray the soapy water, i then used a heat gun to set it and dry , hope it holds up. looks good
I had forgotten about the soap water trick. I used a very steady hand and tweezers to get mine centered and placed. It took some patience but not super difficult.

texrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Half my E and Y ripped off and flew away. Lasted about 4 months. Thinking just white paint this time?
Painting the lettering works too. just use mineral spirits to wipe off any bleed over on the raised portion of the plastic.

I have not done the 'Shelby' lettering, but I have done lettering this way on the interior of my jeep.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
All of my lettering is still pristine and intact. Are you hitting the lettering directly with a pressure washer? I would imagine it's naturally protected since it's recessed into the splitter itself. I've had mine for about a year and half.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
All of my lettering is still pristine and intact. Are you hitting the lettering directly with a pressure washer? I would imagine it's naturally protected since it's recessed into the splitter itself. I've had mine for about a year and half.
No I've never pressure washed it. I think I just did a half-assed job installing them. The E started to come loose after 1 month.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
No I've never pressure washed it. I think I just did a half-assed job installing them. The E started to come loose after 1 month.
You should install another set. Painting it sounds like the real PITA, not the $15 replacement.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I would clean with alcohol liberal amount, dry, repeat and dry carefully, apply with soapy water and let them dry well before driving, sun should be enough or maybe hair dryer. Avoid washing for several days or a week ( that’s not scientific just a guess to allow better bonding)

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Anyone with a picture of Lightning Blue lettering installed?

Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
If you go to YouTube, Auto Fanatic has a step-by-step tutorial.

search out:

SHELBY GT350 Front Spoiler Lettering Install | Auto Fanatic

You will love his videos.

I followed his procedure and the lettering is very secure and looks GREAT.

CJ

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Anyone with a picture of Lightning Blue lettering installed?
Doesn't look like there's any Lightning blue options from those ebay sellers. Let me know if you want a picture of DIB though.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Doesn't look like there's any Lightning blue options from those ebay sellers. Let me know if you want a picture of DIB though.
I’m looking at the eBay sellers page now and from the link given above, in the pictures and in the drop-down box when you choose a color, lightning blue is listed.
Yes a picture of the DIB would be close enough. I was just afraid that the lightning blue would be difficult to see. Being that the DIB is darker it would help me to decide.
Thanks

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I’m looking at the eBay sellers page now and from the link given above, in the pictures and in the drop-down box when you choose a color, lightning blue is listed.
Yes a picture of the DIB would be close enough. I was just afraid that the lightning blue would be difficult to see. Being that the DIB is darker it would help me to decide.
Thanks
Maybe I'll try LB letters next time. A little more subtle

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Thanks[/quote]

Here you go:
https://ibb.co/gDJOFS
Sponsored