Sponsored

SHELBY Letters on front lower spoiler in color, how is this done?

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I had a friend install these on my car, my hands are too shaky for delicate things like these decals. He used soap and water. No sign of them lifting after a couple of weeks.
IMG_0403.jpg

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I had a friend install these on my car, my hands are too shaky for delicate things like these decals. He used soap and water. No sign of them lifting after a couple of weeks.
Nice, but what about that license plate? How was that done? That almost looks like a decal too.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You can see the two rivets holding license plate on. Looks like he cut the license plate down to that shape. If there are states with front plate that have a corner sticker with county and different color sticker for each year you couldn't do that if that's what was done.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
As johnny1 said, I cut it with a shear and then tin snips. I rounded the corners on a belt sander and smoothed the edges with sand paper. It is pop riveted to the bumper with holes drilled in the bumper.

There are thin rubber strips on the back of the perimeter of the place to protect the paint and PPF.

If I ever sell the car I still have the big black plastic license plate mount which will cover the holes I drilled.

Colorado doesn't have stickers on the front plate. I've had plates like this on a number of cars and asked many LEOs what they thought about it. The answer was always something to the effect that "if I can read the numbers I don't care about the rest".

Sponsored

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
As johnny1 said, I cut it with a shear and then tin snips. I rounded the corners on a belt sander and smoothed the edges with sand paper. It is pop riveted to the bumper with holes drilled in the bumper.

There are thin rubber strips on the back of the perimeter of the place to protect the paint and PPF.

If I ever sell the car I still have the big black plastic license plate mount which will cover the holes I drilled.

Colorado doesn't have stickers on the front plate. I've had plates like this on a number of cars and asked many LEOs what they thought about it. The answer was always something to the effect that "if I can read the numbers I don't care about the rest".
Nicely done. I'm using the license-plate-on-the-dash technique here in CT. If/when I get a ticket for that, I'll look into options. We don't have the little stickers either.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Round 2 applied today. I was more careful with cleaning and application, plus this time I got the white reflective letters which are significantly more robust. Hopefully these last longer!
Sponsored