Sponsored

Shelby GT350 - 7 Reasons I'm Not Buying The 2016 Shelby GT350!

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I read that the shelby gt500 motor was already maxed out, adding more boost was just asking for trouble, can anyone confirm this? Also I guess if making videos about why you like your car makes you happy then, ok, good enough, but reasons why your are not specifically buying the new gt350 that ALL amount to "I'm happy with my car" is silly.
Not at all. The 5.4L like he has is pretty stout. However if you are shopping for one the 2013-2014 is the way to go as the 5.8L much better, and more importantly the entire driveline from the clutch to the rear end deals with power better.
Sponsored

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
A few thoughts. As background, I drove a GT500 as a DD from 2009 through 2014. I owned an '09, an '11 a '13 and a '14.

1. All of the GT500s I owned were great DDs except the '09. That one needed some serious suspension work to handle acceptably. As for streetability, as long as you kept your foot out of it and didn't engage the SC they drove like any other Mustang. But of course, what's the fun in that?

2. That whine along with the accompanying torque rush was pretty electrifying. I do hope the high rev whine of the NA Voodoo will be as intoxicating.

3. Most of your street driving will essentially be straight line driving. It's inescapable, so don't disparage the absolute rush of intense straight line acceleration. You know you're going to do it in the 350. :)

4. Subjective, but yeah. I think the new Mustang looks better.

5. Given the frequency that I've been trading Mustangs in for newer models, It's fair to say that I like the latest and greatest too. :)

6. I expect that the 350 will hold it's value at least as well as the '11 - '14 500s have. In any event the depreciation will be much less than that of a GT.

7. Agreed, but I do think the 500 was more practical than the 350 will be. As an example, the 500 did not have a GG tax and was rated with a higher fuel economy rating than the 350. I typically saw 18 MPG on my daily commute, compared to the 19 MPG I get with my '15 GTPP.

I plan on buying a 350 sometime this year. I already have an MSRP deal worked out with my dealer. That said, now that I've scratched the S550 itch, if the right '11 - '14 GT500 were to show up I'd be hard pressed to pass on it. I kinda miss the HP and torque.

As always, YMMV.

tldr; Dude had some good points that work for him. Not everyone wants the same thing in a car. Don't be butthurt about it.
Well said. I like respectful opinions. I enjoyed the video. All valid points. To each their own they say. I like the 662 hp GT500 and if I had the money it would be a tough decision between the 500 and the 350. Maybe it's subjective, but the '14 GT500 looks meaner and angrier than the 350. The 350 facia looks more like a viper than a cobra!

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
tldr; Dude had some good points that work for him. Not everyone wants the same thing in a car. Don't be butthurt about it.
I think the whole point is that if you don't want your opinion shat upon, don't make a video about it. It comes off poorly in the fact that it looks like you're trying to justify your own personal decision to yourself and just makes you look like you want attention because hey, I made a video about it.

He could be talking about why he's not buying the new Miata because 7 reasons why he likes his 2012 Miata better, he'd still come off the same way. No butthurt involved.

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
It always makes more economic sense to drive what you have, but that doesn't satisfy the emotional desire for the next great thing.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well since I currently don't have any mustangs; let alone a Shelby, his reasons don't apply to me.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Sponsored

kirbydjohnson

Denver350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT350
Well said. I like respectful opinions. I enjoyed the video. All valid points. To each their own they say. I like the 662 hp GT500 and if I had the money it would be a tough decision between the 500 and the 350. Maybe it's subjective, but the '14 GT500 looks meaner and angrier than the 350. The 350 facia looks more like a viper than a cobra!
Aren't they both snakes? LOL

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
he has a man bun. /end thread

Two reasons I'm not getting a Shelby (and they are simple: ADM. No Convertible (i LOVE convertibles)

if there were a vert shelby @ msrp, i'd be buying it right now.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
Apparently he hasn't driven in a GT 350. I got to ride in a GT 350R on Fords test track and I'm damn well getting one!

Sponsored

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Im going to make a video, 7 reasons Why I hate this guy and he's stupid video.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The video should be called "7 excuses for dismissing a car I haven't driven".

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Lol. People always try to find a way to hate on success.

Case in point:

1) Apple Inc. the company consistently makes some of the best products in the world and catch so much flack doing it.

2) pretty much any famous "celebrity." Always have inexplicable "haters" lol

3) the team that beat "your" team. This one is s bit personal due to emotional investment, but the fact is, "the other guy"!is having his moment. Congratulate him.

4) the gt350. There are only great thing to say about this car. Yet, you have people who will find fault with the sky appearing blue in daytime.

The car does BEYOND what anyone would have expected prior to announcement and people still have to find reason to throw shade. Lol

it looks great, goes fast, is a blast to drive, sounds incredible, and handles like nobodies business.

That's about all you can really say.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
7 Reasons we read these types of threads.

1- we don't have our shelby's yet.
2- very bored
3- everyone enjoys, seeing someone being an idiot.
4- Its winter
5- like a train wreck, you need to stop and watch.
6- some people like self abuse.
7- We don't have our Shelby's yet
Sponsored