Shelby Dragon Snake GT500

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not going to read the thread...but only here to say....ewwww tacky. I'd rather walk.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The dragon snake is a vinyl graphic take it off
slide-5-of-5-000-web-lead-shelby-dragon-snake-concept-rear-three-quarter-jpg__152407_.jpg

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I think it's low effort regardless of when it came out. I understand the desire to pay homage to a name, but to throw some tacky graphics and, imo, ugly wheels on it is a disservice.
Here's where I step in, and agree with you then take it to the point where I know most people don't wanna agree with me...but the truth hurts, I feel the same way about Ford using the iconic GT500 namesake on this new version too. Why? Before you plaster me with hatefilled messages here goes: 1. You could order or have put in any GT500 from 1968 to 2014 versions an auto trans. but IT WAS AN OPTION and stick was the standard, no stick, no iconic name should be used. 2. All GT500's from the past had a PROPER SHIFTER! 3. Please stop telling me you know Carroll Shelby would have loved this new car...I'm pretty damn sure he'd have the exact same criticisms that I do! 4. Flat Rock assembly line workers still cannot line up the front fascia and hood lines so even build quality from what I can see from release videos is essentially the same as a regular ole GT, none of which have I ever seen with perfect fit body panels (unlike every cookie cutter Honda which seems to me all of them line up flawlessly, even on their cheapest models). 5. Childlike graphics appeal to ricers and 14 year old's, unfortunately for you Ford, and Shelby American, not many of us die hard's who've bought your vehicles for the past 50+ years are ricers or 14 year old children.

Last edited:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That rear wing looks way out of place on that car. It's a freaking awning.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here's where I step in, and agree with you then take it to the point where I know most people don't wanna agree with me...but the truth hurts, I feel the same way about Ford using the iconic GT500 namesake on this new version too. Why? Before you plaster me with hatefilled messages here goes: 1. You could order or have put in any GT500 from 1968 to 2014 versions an auto trans. but IT WAS AN OPTION and stick was the standard, no stick, no iconic name should be used. 2. All GT500's from the past had a PROPER SHIFTER! 3. Please stop telling me you know Carroll Shelby would have loved this new car...I'm pretty damn sure he'd have the exact same criticisms that I do! 4. Flat Rock assembly line workers still cannot line up the front fascia and hood lines so even build quality from what I can see from release videos is essentially the same as a regular ole GT, none of which have I ever seen with perfect fit body panels (unlike every cookie cutter Honda which seems to me all of them line up flawlessly, even on their cheapest models). 5. Childlike graphics appeal to ricers and 14 year old's, unfortunately for you Ford, and Shelby American, not many of us die hard's who've bought your vehicles for the past 50+ years are ricers or 14 year old children.
Not sure where you get some of your facts but I would certainly like to see a 2007 to 2014 GT500 that came equipped with an automatic transmission?

Where do you get some of this stuff!!

:lipssealed:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Not sure where you get some of your facts but I would certainly like to see a 2007 to 2014 GT500 that came equipped with an automatic transmission?

Where do you get some of this stuff!!

:lipssealed:
You read what I said too quickly then. I'd say re-read what I said so you can reel yourself back in... "you can order, or have put in" were my exact words. Precise as it gets, especially with all the auto conversion kits available to '07-'14 Shelby owners. Maybe you also did not know this...but Carroll himself had an auto trans conversion done on one of his own personal rides. Or maybe you didn't know that....I dunno. But I stand by every thing I stated, and more as accurate 100%. Now what I cannot do for you is take away any of the butthurt of me stating facts as some of us see it. Doesn't take away from all the great things about this new car either...but to me, Ford BROKE WITH ITS OWN ICONIC HERITAGE and to me, shouldn't have used the iconic namesake either. If you don't like me saying that, then that's the part where everyone isn't alike now are we?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You could order or have put in any GT500 from 1968 to 2014 versions an auto trans. but IT WAS AN OPTION and stick was the standard,
1Mean: I'm curious how you interpret this statement any differently than Harry?

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
1Mean: I'm curious how you interpret this statement any differently than Harry?
It was an option within the years I specified, not all, but it certainly was an option. 100% accurate unless someone is butthurt over the statement and wants to try and tell me my words state something that can only be implied as me meaning every single year...which also, isn't what I wrote.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I love butthurt....smells like napalm in the morning. Some people need to slow down and read more carefully. I choose my words, very carefully.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Sponsored