Sponsored

SHELBY COST AT DEALERSHIP

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hit up the Shelby sub-forums on here; lots of folks in those forums help others find Shelbys at MSRP or below...

Don’t even pay the freaking ADM! If anyone ever has to file a claim for a Ford Buy Back (Lemon), ADM is not recoverable. It’s not a true Ford line item on the original window sticker. It is added and benefits only the Selling Dealership.

Don’t ever pay ADM on ANY vehicle even if it’s not a Ford!
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
One other thing, I'll have to find a state that doesn't detest Californians. Hey, my parents were from Missouri and Kansas. Doesn't that count for something?
Only when they move from California because of the taxes, to a place that isn't like that, then they vote for the same type of people they did when they lived in California... who then promptly raise taxes...

Last edited:

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1/Power Pack 2
I looked at a 2020 Shelby GT 350, in SoCal (The OC), $67,000 + $15,000 dealer mark up. I told the guy I'd give him the $67,000, but wouldn't pay $0.01 in Dealer mark Up. He laughed...I I went ahead and bought a 2020 Mustang GT Deluxe with PP1m for $50,000 out the door. For all the reasons above, paying dealer markup is just plain dumb.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I just want to find out if it's the same in the rest of the country as it is here in SoCal. If you want to buy a Shelby at one of our dealerships they tack on another 25 to 35k to the MRSP. Is it like this in the other states? I won't buy a new Shelby because of this.
May want to check these guys out. I cannot vouch for them, just ran across it. Saying GT500 at MSRP. Unsure of the compliance reqs.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-mustang-pricing-invoice-4.154317/

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
May want to check these guys out. I cannot vouch for them, just ran across it. Saying GT500 at MSRP. Unsure of the compliance reqs.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-mustang-pricing-invoice-4.154317/
Thanks. Checked out the link and they seem to be pretty straight forward about pricing. Not used to that. Here in SoCal it turns into a marathon to try and get the best deal you can. When you make an offer they say "Let take this to my manager, maybe we can work something out." Then they come back with their counter-offer which is always a joke. Then it's back and forth... back and forth. It becomes a game of who can outlast the other.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Dodge dealers did the same with the SRT models and above 'til Dodge made 'em stop. Remember when the Miata was $5,000 over sticker (when you could find one)?

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to find out if it's the same in the rest of the country as it is here in SoCal. If you want to buy a Shelby at one of our dealerships they tack on another 25 to 35k to the MRSP. Is it like this in the other states? I won't buy a new Shelby because of this.
ADM's can be found in almost every state but CA ism, by far, the most egregious in how much they ask over MSRP. I ordered by 2016 GT350R in June 2015 and tool delivery of in in January 2016 for $5K over MSRP. That was when the GT350R was the pinnacle of Mustang performance and when the demand was super high.

As I have said to others, it makes more sense to shop around and go out of California to buy.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
When I call the country looking for a deal, I skip all the California dealerships. They have the worst ADM of all the states.

I usually stop when someone is at MSRP or around 6-8k over.

then you can negotiate.

I had a line on a 2020 heritage R for msrp but the deal got weird. Plus I had to ship it, that was gonna cost me.

I found one in South Carolina, they were asking for 8k over. I got it for $2000 over and I picked it up in person to save on transport cost.

plus I wanted that friggin car and I got it 4 days before Christmas. It was a nice present.

Deleted member 56911

I used a mustang app that I found on the App Store on my phone to check all the dealerships within 500 miles of Minneapolis. There were 4 dealerships that had a brand new GT500 at MSRP. One of the 4 had the GT500 listed $2,200 below MSRP. I went with the dealership that gave me the best deal on my trade in. This was back in January. All 4 of the cars are now sold. It took 4 months of searching before I began finding them at MSRP. Like you I refused to pay a markup.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
false...unless it has changed in the last two years. You gotta see the underhood sticker to verify California Emissions.

Cali would not register my ‘19 F150 until I could show them the sticker...in person.
Every vehicle Ford sells is CARB certified.

Your '19F150 missing a sticker, doesn't mean that all Fords aren't CARB certified.

They most certainly are, and have been forever AFAIK.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Every vehicle Ford sells is CARB certified.

Your '19F150 missing a sticker, doesn't mean that all Fords aren't CARB certified.

They most certainly are, and have been forever AFAIK.
no sir...I have lived in and out of Cali for the last 20 years, and have registered about 15 vehicles in the state in that same timeframe.

I thought the EXACT same thing as you until my 2019 F150...and it is not MISSING the sticker. The California DMV will NOT register a vehicle here when you bring it in from out of state until you get a DMV in person inspection.

and guess what they look at when they pop the hood? The sticker.

Here is the emissions sticker from my 2015 Focus ST...

1615905255282.jpeg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
no sir...I have lived in and out of Cali for the last 20 years, and have registered about 15 vehicles in the state in that same timeframe.

I thought the EXACT same thing as you until my 2019 F150...and it is not MISSING the sticker. The California DMV will NOT register a vehicle here when you bring it in from out of state until you get a DMV in person inspection.

and guess what they look at when they pop the hood? The sticker.

Here is the emissions sticker from my 2015 Focus ST...

1615905255282.jpeg
Did you get the ST and F150 registered in California? If so, what did you have to do to the vehicles mechanically to get them to meet CARB standards?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Did you get the ST and F150 registered in California? If so, what did you have to do to the vehicles mechanically to get them to meet CARB standards?
the F150 was fine, yes. It the first brand new vehicle I have bought out of state and went to register it here, but they wouldn’t until the sticker inspection...that’s when I learned not all cars are CARB, even today.

the ST, no...but I knew that when I bought it. I just never planned on bringing it into Cali, so I kept my Washington plates on her until I sold it.

to my knowledge, you cannot make a non-CARB car, CARB legal.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thanks. Checked out the link and they seem to be pretty straight forward about pricing. Not used to that. Here in SoCal it turns into a marathon to try and get the best deal you can. When you make an offer they say "Let take this to my manager, maybe we can work something out." Then they come back with their counter-offer which is always a joke. Then it's back and forth... back and forth. It becomes a game of who can outlast the other.
I'm amazed you even bother to talk to your local dealers. I'd buy out of state without even thinking twice. Although actually the first thing I would do if I lived in California is move out of California and then start thinking about buying a car. Priorities.
Sponsored