Shaking on idle?

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
I have a 2019 Mustang GT just hit 30k miles. I recently took my mustang to the dealer was having a rough 3rd to 4th gear so they did a transmission adaptive learning thing to it. And 3 days later, I been experiencing a shake of the car on idle, it starts to shake a little and you can see the rpms go up. It’s been the 4th time I felt it and I’m afraid it’s a misfire or something. (I do need a oil change not sure if that matters lol) but yeah it’s never have done this before. My inlet air temps have also been on the high side. So again not sure what happened or is happening.
Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
I have a 2019 Mustang GT just hit 30k miles. I recently took my mustang to the dealer was having a rough 3rd to 4th gear so they did a transmission adaptive learning thing to it. And 3 days later, I been experiencing a shake of the car on idle, it starts to shake a little and you can see the rpms go up. It’s been the 4th time I felt it and I’m afraid it’s a misfire or something. (I do need a oil change not sure if that matters lol) but yeah it’s never have done this before. My inlet air temps have also been on the high side. So again not sure what happened or is happening.
My car always shakes at idle. I can watch the passenger seat vibrate. Is this not normal? lol

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
My car always shakes at idle. I can watch the passenger seat vibrate. Is this not normal? lol
No dude, lol. My car has always been a smooth ride so anything like this makes me go crazy but this is like shaking making my rpms go up.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Nope, not normal
I don't mean like a rough engine, but the mirror and passenger seat can be seen vibrating at idle. Once put into drive it goes away.

Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Do you have factory engine/ trans mounts?

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I don't mean like a rough engine, but the mirror and passenger seat can be seen vibrating at idle. Once put into drive it goes away.
Yeah even that isn’t normal to be honest

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
VCT solenoids is what caused this exact issue on mine. It would be random. If you let it just continue to do it when it happens it will eventually throw some cam timing codes. Go to the dealer immediately because they will go away after like 50 miles of normal operation. You'll be covered under warranty.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I had a similar issue and VCT solenoids were the culprit

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I just put a little ceratec in the oil, maybe 30-50ml and no more mirror or seat vibrations at idle.
Yeah even that isn’t normal to be honest

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 2019 who just crossed 30,000 miles. I haven’t had any issues. Are you guys stock or do you have mods?
Sponsored