Sponsored

Shaker powered subwoofer or Rockford Fosgate loaded box?

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
I've got a 16 ecoboost premium perf pkg with the Shaker system (no subwoofer). I'd like to add a bit of bass to it, and am considering whether I should pick up a stock powered subwoofer which was built for the Shaker system (they pop up in the classifieds every now and then), or if I should go with the Rockford Fosgate unit?
sub.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
the plug-and-play aspect of the factory option is very appealing. I don't like the idea of having to run a power wire all the way from the trunk to the battery for an aftermarket unit.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
adding a Shaker sub is not a "plug and play" deal, the harness to the sub is not there, and there doesnt seem to be an easy connection........

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Don't waste your time or money on the oem sub - go aftermarket.

Sponsored

OP
OP

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
adding a Shaker sub is not a "plug and play" deal, the harness to the sub is not there, and there doesnt seem to be an easy connection........

I thought that if you had the Shaker system, the plug was behind the trunk trim panel?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I thought that if you had the Shaker system, the plug was behind the trunk trim panel?
It appears that Ford save a few cents by not standardizing the harnesses, so if your S550 didn't come with a sub, the wiring is not there for one :shrug:

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
I have the P300-12 and for the price I think it would be hard to beat.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Does anyone know if the 2017 Shaker system radio has subwoofer preamp outs, or do you have to get a line coverter/tap into the rear speakers? I'd much rather take a pre-out signal directly off the head unit than use a line level converter.

I came to this sub-forum looking for the answer to the question "If the car didn't come with a sub, are the connections still there in the trunk?" Found that answer...unfortunately. :frusty:

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored