Sponsored

"Service AdvanceTrac" Warning Temporarily Showed this Morning

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Leaving the gym this morning, turned my car on and a "Service AdvanceTrac" message came up on the gauge cluster screen and the Stability Control light was lit up (it's like the Trac Off light but without the word "off). Car has 26k miles and the only mod is the exhaust.

Obviously, this indicates some kind of malfunction but I stopped to get gas a few minutes later and when I turned my car back on, I didn't get the warning message again and the dash light was off. Of course Ford's website says to bring it in to get looked at immediately, but I'm thinking I can hold off since I haven't seen it again and I know they won't be able to do anything unless it does come up again.

Has anyone else ever seen this message? Could it just be a fluke?

(P.S. I understand if this gets moved to the "Issues, Repairs, Warranty... etc." section)
Sponsored

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
Have not seen that but there are a lot of sensors for abs/tc if it does not reoccur might be a false positive from some condition like temp.

My C5 Corvette would occasionally give me a TC not active, warming up message when first pulling out, then tell my TC warmed up!

Reactions: QRK

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I assume this was after the initial self test period during startup when all the lights come on and then gradually turn off. Autocrossers, including me, see this sometimes when Advance Trac is disabled. In my few cases it didn't cause any issues. I think the last time I saw that warning was at least 10K miles ago. Lots of "theories" but no definitive answer that I've heard of.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
^Like he mentions I've gotten it a few times on the track or at autocross when pushing the car hard and getting out of shape, never seen it otherwise.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Yep same thing, I got it twice running hard on Texas World Speedway road course last weekend. It appeared when I was wide open on the straightaway, then disappeared midway through the lap and did not reappear for the rest of the session. A few sessions later it did the same thing. I had all nannies on, normal drive mode not sport or track mode.

I'm also curious what caused it.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I get it every few weeks on one particularly bumpy stretch of dirt road, which seems to freak the traction control out.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I've seen that too. Went away and never came back. Haven't had issues since.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Strangely enough this happened me today. The message I got said advance track disable and collision warning has been disabled. I was like wtf. I flipped the advance trac switch (premium model) and both things went away then it came back less then 5 minutes away. I repeated the prior process and everything went away again. Hasn't came back since but I booked a appointment with my dealer so will see what happens.

Oh I also attached one of the messages I received that showed up.
image.jpg

OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for all the replies, fellas.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Take it to the dealer and have them pull the error codes, or do it yourself if you have a ODBII dongle and FOREScan. If you don't have one...why not? You can get a one that does Bluetooth for less than $20 on EBay and FOREScan is free. Its a great tool to have for any car.
Sponsored