MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hello folks, do any of you know of a tire shop that utilizes the touch free tire changer? Or do you let any tire shop handle the R Carbon Fiber wheels? I'm looking for a place in the greater Houston area that can do the job and would cover any damages.

Thanks.
Sponsored

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Some Discount Tire locations here in Austin have a touchless machine. There's also mobile services here that have the machines I believe.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
No such thing as a “touchless” machine.
When that term is used, it’s in reference to the arms that grab the tire and stretch it over the wheel. You still need to clamp the wheel either from center mass or barrel clamping which can be an issue if you’re not careful.
If I owned an R I’d have a Ford dealership do it, as much as that pains me. It’s a liability thing for me. Try getting an independent shop to cover the cost of a ruined CF wheel if one gets damaged.
I hope you get a response here from someone recommending a great shop that really knows what they are doing.

OP
OP
MandoGt350R

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
No such thing as a “touchless” machine.
When that term is used, it’s in reference to the arms that grab the tire and stretch it over the wheel. You still need to clamp the wheel either from center mass or barrel clamping which can be an issue if you’re not careful.
If I owned an R I’d have a Ford dealership do it, as much as that pains me. It’s a liability thing for me. Try getting an independent shop to cover the cost of a ruined CF wheel if one gets damaged.
I hope you get a response here from someone recommending a great shop that really knows what they are doing.
Thanks. Unless I drive to Austin, the dealership sounds like the only place to go.
Sponsored