Replacement Wheels and Tires

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350
I'm looking to swap my stock wheels for something that I can mount and run linear tire width on to help with tramlining and cost of operation since I'll be able to rotate tires. I'm also hopefully looking to wrap them in some rubber with a little more narrow width and with better wet weather performance. I've got pilot super sport tires on my 2017, but unfortunately I live in a rainy area and sometimes on a nice day I get some occasional rain that's really upset the car once or twice. I'm planning to retain my stock wheels and tires and wrap them in cup 2's to be used for track days.

Does anyone have some recommendations for a wheel and tire combo that helps with tramlining and has good wet weather performance? Preferably something a little less wide to help reduce the cost of tire exchanges as well.

I looked for a previous thread on this topic, if you have one available feel free to link below!
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This may or may not help. On my R, everything stock, the tramlining was noticeable. Same with my reg 350. I lowered both with bmr and ford sorings 7/8”. Added caster camber plates as well. The R kept the factory wheels and tires, and the tramlining is much less noticeable. My reg 350 got R spec BCForged, and Conti’s. It does ot tramline much at all, especially considering the size of the wheels and tires on these cars. I can’t speak for others but the tech that did the alignment on both my cars spent a lot of time getting them dialed in. From what he did and the time he spent I’d be surprised if many of these cars aren’t out a bit in that regard.

OP
OP
Blue_Voodoo5.2

Blue_Voodoo5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Shelby GT350
Thanks for the reply bud! Do you happen to have a link to your specific tires? Wet weather performance is really my goal here.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Continental Extreme Sport Contact. The wet side, and the reviews, is why I went for those. I was originally going to use them for a wet setup for track days. I can’t speak to the wet performance specifically yet. Don’t get much rain in NM. The dry is very good as is the ride.

Thanks for the reply bud! Do you happen to have a link to your specific tires? Wet weather performance is really my goal here.
Sponsored