Sponsored

Sensor failings. You could have one too!

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Has anyone heard of CA sensor fails?
Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
New sensor at CJ Pony Parts

You can now get the revised sensor at CJ Pony Parts for a mere $18 mark up vs. eBay.

Ford Lowside Fuel Injector Pressure Sensor Motorcraft EcoBoost 2015-2018

Ford Motorcraft Lowside Fuel Injector Pressure Sensor for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 EcoBoost Mustangs.

If you have seen or experienced check engine lights related to this lowside fuel injector pressure sensor in your 2015-2018 EcoBoost Mustang or you have fuel pressure parameters outside of the normal range on your tuning device the time to get this Ford Motorcraft BU5Z-9F972-B Lowside Fuel Injector Pressure Sensor is now. If this sensor fails it can put you on the path to catastrophic engine failure.

Features and Benefits:
- For 2015-2018 EcoBoost Mustangs
- Sends electronic signals to the engine control module to communicate the fuel rail internal pressure
- Deep, grueling performance testing
- Meets strict Ford OE quality, performance and durability
- Absolutely crucial part for optimal, long-lasting engine performance

The function of this Ford Motorcraft Fuel Injector Pressure Sensor is to send electronic signals to the engine control module that communicates the fuel rail internal pressure. The fuel rail is where intake air and fuel are combined prior to being injected into your pony’s engine's cylinders. A vacuum-powered fuel pressure regulator valve at one end of the fuel rail ensures that the pressure remains constant relative to intake pressure. Until the Engine Control Module gives the signal, the fuel injector valves will remain closed until they are ordered to inject fuel into the cylinders.

Tech Tip: A faulty lowside fuel injector pressure sensor can cause catastrophic engine failure. If you have seen or experienced check engine lights related to this lowside fuel injector pressure sensor like the codes P0148, P018C and/or P018D, please replace this component as soon as possible. If you have data logging capabilities through a tuning device and have seen fuel pressure parameters outside of the normal range, this would be preventative maintenance that could potentially prevent any failures associated with this sensor.

Ford knows it’s important to ensure your Ford vehicle is unique to you. With that in mind, Ford offers a variety of aftermarket and replacement parts like wheels and tires, interior kits, cat-back exhaust kits, LED lighting options, supercharger kits and much more.

Order this Ford Motorcraft BU5Z-9F972-B Lowside Fuel Injector Pressure Sensor for your 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018 EcoBoost Mustang today from CJ Pony Parts.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I have the "BA" in my 2017. Just ordered from Ebay @ $23.99

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I figured even if i get the old one iyll be new and in good working order. Mine was super faulty.
We need to talk block swap you and I, im seriously considering it. That or a block support.
Hit me up and we'll talk.

Good point Justin. However this is the fuel line suggested by Adam in his long post on FB, so I would think that it has the new sensor on. [MENTION=16956]lisandra[/MENTION] I suppose you can confirm that with Ford (or the vendor of the part) when you order it.
I've seen more than three instances where people have ordered the complete fuel line, with the part number Adam suggested, and received a line with the old sensor (BA). The thing is, there's tons of fuel lines out there in stock at the facilities and they aren't just going to throw them away. They'll cycle through the old stock and replace it with lines containing the new sensor (CA).

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Ok, so straight from a Ford engineer, the ca sensor is better. It's also not so new. Well, it's not that it's better, it's just that it's better for the 2.3 and how it's built and how it works. The .ca sensor apparently does a better job at making fine adjustments and dealing with changes better. The thing is the sensor will appear like it's working fine although it's not, so ford doesn't have a reason to change it. So much so that they'll go straight to replacing the fuel pump (I went through this myself TWICE) instead of the sensor. And oddly enough after the swap the code will go away and not show up for a good while so the dealer will see it as resolved. Apparently the sensor will get unstuck for a while with a new pump and then get stuck again.

His words, I have no clue what he's talking about

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Confused :shrug:

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Alright so this is gonna be news worthy.
My brand spanking NEW ba sensor is already stuck after a day of use. Sooooo its the tune??

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
If it's the BA sensor then it's the old (stock) version. The new one is the CA. What you report here confirms that there is indeed an issue with the stock sensor.

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
Well...because it went so smoothly for everybody of course it went horrible for me. I managed to strip the thread on the fuel line.
Anybody have the revised part number for the fuel line?? Will the fuel line come with the sensor???
How difficult was it to replace the fuel line? I am about to change to the CA sensor and my bad luck I think I will need to do the whole line like you.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Just changed mine, no issue, old one came right out and new one right back in. 1 min.

I used large crescent wrench and 12 mm wrench

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You are faster than me. It took me 5 min to do the swap! I used two crescent wrenches. Tip: let the car cool down completely (I left mine overnight). This way there will be almost no fuel coming out of the fuel line when you take out the old sensor. After the swap turn the ignition on 4-5 times without starting the car, to prime the fuel line, then start the car.

Last edited:

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
You are faster than me. It took me 5 min to do the swap! I used two crescent wrenches. Tip: let the car coold down completely (I left mine overnight). This way there will almost no fuel coming out of the fuel line when you take out the old sensor. After the swap turn the ignition on 4-5 times without starting the car, to prime the fuel line, then start the car.
exactly what i did .. ok 2 mins.. :)

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
If you have trouble removing the driver side connector go and buy a fuel line tool. Theyre like 5-10 bucks and make thinhs easier and also you make sure you dont damage the connector tab

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
How difficult was it to replace the fuel line? I am about to change to the CA sensor and my bad luck I think I will need to do the whole line like you.
No you wont, just bear in mind its reeeeeally on there, its hard to remove. If you have a 1/2 inch impact drill use it to remove it. When you put the new one in (not with a drill) just make SURE its on straight before tightening. Mine was tilted a bit and thats what happened

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
No you wont, just bear in mind its reeeeeally on there, its hard to remove. If you have a 1/2 inch impact drill use it to remove it. When you put the new one in (not with a drill) just make SURE its on straight before tightening. Mine was tilted a bit and thats what happened
Ohh ok good to know... thank you for the advice!
Sponsored