Sponsored

Sensor failings. You could have one too!

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
No you wont, just bear in mind its reeeeeally on there, its hard to remove. If you have a 1/2 inch impact drill use it to remove it. When you put the new one in (not with a drill) just make SURE its on straight before tightening. Mine was tilted a bit and thats what happened
Mine came free with minimal effort and unscrewed by hand after initial wrench turn.. :)
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Mine wouldn't budge!!! It took some work even with the impact drill!!
Could be age of car and such, mine is a 2017 but bought brand new a month ago and only has 800 miles on it now..

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Mine came free with minimal effort and unscrewed by hand after initial wrench turn.. :)
Funny, mine might as well have been super glued in place.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
347fgnr.png

So I had a cracked insulator on my #2. What a relief. Still going to swap that sensor when it arrives though.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know. these had about 20k on them

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Installed new sensor and Tune+ plugs and noticed how much smoother the car feels.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Installed new sensor and Tune+ plugs and noticed how much smoother the car feels.
I don't know if any of the smoothness can be attributed to the sensor. Mine didn't seem any smoother when I swapped sensors, but after I changed to Iridium NGK plugs, the instant I pushed the start button, I thought, "Oooh, smoooooth!"

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
I don't know if any of the smoothness can be attributed to the sensor. Mine didn't seem any smoother when I swapped sensors, but after I changed to Iridium NGK plugs, the instant I pushed the start button, I thought, "Oooh, smoooooth!"
I'm sure it was both, I used to have what feels like surging/timing pull at wot, now it's smooth.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Have you been running octane booster or similar on those plugs?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Ok, so straight from a Ford engineer, the ca sensor is better. It's also not so new. Well, it's not that it's better, it's just that it's better for the 2.3 and how it's built and how it works. The .ca sensor apparently does a better job at making fine adjustments and dealing with changes better. The thing is the sensor will appear like it's working fine although it's not, so ford doesn't have a reason to change it. So much so that they'll go straight to replacing the fuel pump (I went through this myself TWICE) instead of the sensor. And oddly enough after the swap the code will go away and not show up for a good while so the dealer will see it as resolved. Apparently the sensor will get unstuck for a while with a new pump and then get stuck again.

His words, I have no clue what he's talking about
That's odd, there's a guy on this thread who supposedly have over 30 years of engineering experience in the industry that repeatedly said there's no difference between the two. He didn't bother to physically compare the two like a typical engineer would do but us mere mortals are not supposed to question an engineering god like him.

Seriously, I'm being sarcastic but seemed like he took offense and refused to answer when we pressed him for evidence rather than just taking his word, similar to what Stolen Valor suspects do when pressed for proof of their service as Special Forces Ranger Delta sniper with three MoH medals.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you been running octane booster or similar on those plugs?
I was recently. The misfire was annoying the shit out of me, so I tried that, and a tank of 104.

the plugs looked worse in the pic, it was only the threads that looked black. the insulators and electrodes looked golden brown.
Sponsored

Last edited: