Sponsored

Sell my GT for the new 7th generation?

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
What are your thoughts on this?
Right now i have a good oportunity to sell my 2016 GTPP they are giving me really good money for it.
But iam debating if i sell it cause if the new 7th generation Mustang i dont like it when its revealed i will be sad to sell my car cause i so much like 2015-2017 models they are the best looking for me thats just my opinion.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hang on to it until you see what the new gen looks like. Used car values will still be pretty strong when the new model is revealed.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Hang on to it until you see what the new gen looks like. Used car values will still be pretty strong when the new model is revealed.
I hope so cause iam really tempted to grab the money and save it for the new model but its a gamble.

Sponsored

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
My personal rule of thumb is to wait a few years for bugs to be found and fixed for new models and or redesigns so what I end up with is more reliable. I'm pretty happy with my 19'.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Although I am very happy with my 2020, If the next gen is a great improvement, I would consider one. I'll just try and pay mine off in the mean time.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
It likely won't be out until 2023 given the supply chain disruptions. It will be a radical change likely (if they are moving to AWD and/or Hybrid) meaning lots of issues/bugs/faults. By the time you wait until 2024-2025 to get a model that has been ironed out, you have enjoyed your S550 for a few more years.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
First year production = growing pains . . .

Plus like others mention above, there has not been any good visuals of the body shell or interior - it's all covered in camo.

If you're getting a good deal NOW on selling your S550, sell it, bank the $$$ and see what is to come of the 7G.... before blindly settling on it.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10

Plus like others mention above, there has not been any good visuals of the body shell or interior - it's all covered in camo.

If you're getting a good deal NOW on selling your S550, sell it, bank the $$$ and see what is to come of the 7G.... before blindly settling on it.
This plan. If you don't like the 7s then repurchased a 15-17 at a lower price since it will be a couple of years older. Plus you don't know what your car will be worth in 2025

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP

This i would do but still undecided.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
It likely won't be out until 2023 given the supply chain disruptions. It will be a radical change likely (if they are moving to AWD and/or Hybrid) meaning lots of issues/bugs/faults. By the time you wait until 2024-2025 to get a model that has been ironed out, you have enjoyed your S550 for a few more years.

I would buy awd hope they do it iam just tired of loosing races on non prep surfaces