Sponsored

Seen the new Mustang Commercial?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I like the Dodge commercial I think it was well done but as stated it's still a Dodge... A cool commercial doesn't make the product any less shitty in the end.
Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
In the US, Ford rarely makes many commercials at all. It's usually just the local, dealer adds, just loud talking about XXX% off, 0% financing, 0 down, etc...

I've seen this commercial and was just glad they tried!

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Ford's commercial is horrible. They basically had to shove the microphone up the tail pipe to even hear it. They need to get on Dodge's level.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
I like the Dodge commercial I think it was well done but as stated it's still a Dodge... A cool commercial doesn't make the product any less shitty in the end.
But re-imagine that Dodge commercial with Ford vehicles thrown in!
Replace the Hellcat Challenger with the GT350, the Charger with the new Focus RS (yes I know nowhere near the same category but I'm going for Ford's current top of the line here) and replace the Viper with the 2017 Ford GT!
IMO, that would be a pretty awesome commercial.
So far, the most recent good advertising for Ford stuff has been Forza 6

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Why do people think Ford is superior to a Dodge?

To me they are all American heavy ass boulevard cruisers. Neither is superior to the other. It is just a matter of taste and preference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
To be fair, Dodge *has* to market their turd box's because they have to use whatever they can to sell units. As an example, Jeep is currently (and has been for decades) rates the 2nd most unreliable brand on the planet. Much like brands like VW (also a historical reliability turd) they have to have much better marketing departments because the units don't sell on their attributes (like the Mustang does which needs little marketing). Either marketing or gimmicks like 10 year worthless war's.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

To me they are all American heavy ass boulevard cruisers. Neither is superior to the other. It is just a matter of taste and preference.
because chrysler :barf:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
One of the best Mustang commercials was back when they announced the new V6 for the 2011 model. Sorry GT bros.

[ame]

It's a shame the options shown on the cars in that vid weren't actually available, though. I remember seeing that commercial for the first time and getting all giddy.

jhenley17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150

Because I've owned one and know a lot of others who have. Not that there aren't plenty of good ones out there, but they seem to be more problematic to me than average. I've had a lot less problems with a lot more miles on my Fords and Hondas. Other than that, though, a new Ram or Charger look like fantastic vehicles with great styling. Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid to discount something because of a brand or blindly follow another brand, but research and experience steer me away from all Chryslers.

If you're just commuting or cruising the boulevard, no, nothing is superior, get what makes you happy. Some of us look a little deeper than that, though.

OP
OP

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible

I say this from a 3rd party view, I've owned Jap cars for the past 20+ years mostly and this is basically my first American car.

Ford survived 2008 because it actually made pretty decent (average) cars (not good enough for me to buy one). Chevy and Chrysler (especially Chrysler) had to be bailed out because their product was terrible and the crowd that said "I only by 'Murican cars" was not enough to keep them afloat. Chrysler cars are turds all around and still are. GM got their act together after 2008 (with some bumps along the way such as ignition). I was forced to drive my buddies ~2008-10 Chrysler 300 (should come with 40' holders for Old-E) on a 800 mile trip and I was utterly amazed at how terrible that car is, like driving a washing machine. They could have bought a nice Honda Accord but the guy was like "i only buy 'Murican" (I had to try to convince him that the Accord was actually more "Murican").

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Yes, they need to improve big time. I always liked this one:

[ame]
Sponsored