Sponsored

Seating cushioning completely gone, dealer says normal

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
The reason that I am opening this thread is to get this solved and help many others, I got another friend in same shoes but he doesnt care about the seat that much cuz he is getting racing bucket seat.

But I am more lean toward comfy ride so i am keeping those. The cushioning under both front seat are completely useless now. The picture was taken after 30min drive after i got back from dealership.

They told me this is normal for mustang 2015, eveery mustang is exactly same.
FYI, i am at 18000 Kms which is 12000Miles not even. First car in my life that no support from cushion is considered as "normal".

I need to get this solved and I do not certainly want to pay for the cushion as it is merely over 1 year ownership; more exactly 1 year and 1 month.

[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]
img_.jpg
Sponsored

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Pretty normal. Mine looks like that with only 3,000 miles. Many complaints about it on here. Good luck with the useless dealership.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Pretty normal. Mine looks like that with only 3,000 miles. Many complaints about it on here. Good luck with the useless dealership.
but that s so messed up tho, i mean i had a wrangler used for 3 years, a bmw 335 for 4 years. foams are like brand new out of factory. you press down, it bounces back immediately after you move your hands away.

Now it s like i press down and it stays, which means the back end is way lower as if you are sitting on a hole.

all the sudden, it is like a leather net that hold your ass without anything beneath it to support the weight, man. i think that leather cover wont even survive another year. By then they probably gonna tell me, oh it s normal and this is wear and tear so we dont cover for the torn leather cover.:mad:

FinMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
I have the same problem in drivers seat, dealer ordered new leather and cushion. This will be done as warranty.

Sponsored

RubyRedVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Mine looked the same very shortly after purchasing new. Is it a foam issue or does the seat cover stretch?

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
A wave in the leather is normal - collapsed foam is not.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
looks like mine, i figured just my big ass... im not worried about it. its still comfortable ride...

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Mine looked the same very shortly after purchasing new. Is it a foam issue or does the seat cover stretch?
It is the foam for me. foam is not giving support at all, what holds my ass is basically just the leather. THAT AINT RIGHT

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Mine looked similar, but it wasn't the cushion as much as the actual leather. My dealer replaced the seat cover under warranty....doubt it will hold up any longer but I'll make them replace parts until my warranty is up!

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Mine is having a similar problem. It is a 2017 with only 1500 mi. If I'm standing outside the car on the driver's side and plant my hand on the driver seat and lean over to the glove box, when I remove my hand, there's a depression that remains until I sit on the seat. I've never seen anything like that before. It is like cheap memory foam. My issue isn't nearly as bad as the OP, but I'm afraid that's the direction it's headed.

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Low cost, low quality foam is most likely the culprit.

Go into a showroom that sells German cars--BMW, Audi, even VW to a point and try the same deal with putting your hand down on the seat and watching how quickly--or slowly--it bounces back to the correct shape. German cars typically put high quality/very firm foam in seats and they keep their shape for years.

In my experience, Ford has been all over with foam qualityin their seats, depending on the model chosen: Early 90's Taurus had a very firm bench seat;Mid-90's contour was soft as was a late 90's Explorer.

I know they save $ going with less dense foam, but considering the appearance and comfort issues you can get into by going cheap with this stuff, I'm not sure what they really save long term.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Try going to another Dealer and get it fixed via warranty.
Sponsored