Sponsored

Seat wear question for owners

svtenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
That's why all these manufactures are going with the cheap plastic vinyl leather to quell all the complainers when the leather actually stretches and creases like real leather does.

So would you rather complain about a cheap vinyl looking interior or actually get some nice materials that you might have to do some maintenance keeping it supple with leather cleaner and conditioner?

I myself am happy they are using real leather again and any small creases or ripples signify quality leather to me and anyone else that knows about leather interiors.

How do we know someone just didn't have their knee planted on that seat before the picture was taken?
Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Wow, several back to back days with not great news about my car. This is seriously starting to hurt my head. I've been waiting at least a year for this car, and it's been almost 5 months since I ordered it. I'm really beginning to wonder if I should take delivery at this point. I picked the non-Recaro's because I wanted the heated/cooled seats, and then I *knew* I'd made the right decision after sitting in them at my dealers demo/training day. Now there's this. Throw in the lack of lighted door sills when ordering the 50th package (as if anyone knew this with the terrible ordering and dealer guides) and the slaughtering by the 1LE and man, I just don't know anymore.
Am I the only one who doesn't feel like it was that big of a difference? The camaro is $2500 more than the GT and it really seems like you can tighten up the suspension to the same quality with that extra cash.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The leather in my 2011 is still tight and wrinkle-free. That said, it's crappy quality leather -- all hard and shiny and plasticky. I'd do well with better quality leather that's not as tight.

Also, I think the wrinkles there show up more easily with the red leather than they would in black.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Wow, several back to back days with not great news about my car. This is seriously starting to hurt my head. I've been waiting at least a year for this car, and it's been almost 5 months since I ordered it. I'm really beginning to wonder if I should take delivery at this point. I picked the non-Recaro's because I wanted the heated/cooled seats, and then I *knew* I'd made the right decision after sitting in them at my dealers demo/training day. Now there's this. Throw in the lack of lighted door sills when ordering the 50th package (as if anyone knew this with the terrible ordering and dealer guides) and the slaughtering by the 1LE and man, I just don't know anymore.
If a slight wrinkling in someone else's seat, a cute door sill light, and the fact that there are faster cars out there for the money make you back off, I'd question your decision in the first place, and wonder if you should be an early adopter at all? Always easier to wait and judge based on the experiences of others here...

Sponsored

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Am I the only one who doesn't feel like it was that big of a difference? The camaro is $2500 more than the GT and it really seems like you can tighten up the suspension to the same quality with that extra cash.
Yep. I guess people don't see a car as a package deal, and want to know theirs is better than everyone else's for the money they're paying. I don't understand the spec sheet racers that will never lay rubber inside of Laguna Seca... Personally, I'm just buying a car. I like this car. Those who hover on the fence should obviously wait a year and see how things shake out.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So is this possibly caused by the heated seats? I mean I know some car companies don't make the heated seat part leather but it's a cloth variant. Could be why.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Ha! That's my pic from the mustang bucklist yesterday....yea that's pretty bad.

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
Hey guys,
Just changed my order from the leather Recaros to the GT Premium 68B seats. Owner reviews seem to indicate the leather is really soft and quality feeling - but, it seems that this photo shows a ton of premature wear and bunching.

Any very early impressions from owners on the leather on the 68B seats? I've had the misfortune of experiencing seat warping and bunching on my BMW M6 (Following by peeling of the color) and in my Volvo, a high propensity to scuff even though I dont wear anything rough/studded etc and I'm about 135-145 pounds. Volvo told me to basically f-off when I pointed it out.

I'm keen on not repeating that experience and if the Recaros wear better I will swtich back (unless I get a VIN tomorrow, LOL) :frusty:
Reminds me of what happened to my leather in the past when it was wet and sat on. Like when you jump in the car from a pouring rainstorm and drive for a while. the "wet" leather would deform, but go back to normal once dried.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Yep. I guess people don't see a car as a package deal, and want to know theirs is better than everyone else's for the money they're paying. I don't understand the spec sheet racers that will never lay rubber inside of Laguna Seca... Personally, I'm just buying a car. I like this car. Those who hover on the fence should obviously wait a year and see how things shake out.
It just seems like a weird sentiment from an enthusiast community. The people who really care about that won't be keeping the stock parts anyway so what does it even matter? I'm willing to bet most of the gt owners and future owners will be doing some modifications to their cars regardless of them performing better than any other car or not.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Hey guys,
Just changed my order from the leather Recaros to the GT Premium 68B seats. Owner reviews seem to indicate the leather is really soft and quality feeling - but, it seems that this photo shows a ton of premature wear and bunching.

Any very early impressions from owners on the leather on the 68B seats? I've had the misfortune of experiencing seat warping and bunching on my BMW M6 (Following by peeling of the color) and in my Volvo, a high propensity to scuff even though I dont wear anything rough/studded etc and I'm about 135-145 pounds. Volvo told me to basically f-off when I pointed it out.

I'm keen on not repeating that experience and if the Recaros wear better I will swtich back (unless I get a VIN tomorrow, LOL) :frusty:

oh jeez, this is a very concerning picture to me !!! Can u imagine the amount of sag and bunching after only one year? I hope this has been resolved. QC people are u seeing this? C'mon Ford....:tsk:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It just seems like a weird sentiment from an enthusiast community. The people who really care about that won't be keeping the stock parts anyway so what does it even matter? I'm willing to bet most of the gt owners and future owners will be doing some modifications to their cars regardless of them performing better than any other car or not.
Absolutely not. I want to install the illuminated door sills because I like them, but I'm really really nervous about that -- you want to keep your car as stock as possible to maintain value. Nobody wants to buy a '68 Mustang that's had every single part replaced with something non-OEM. And forty years from now, nobody's going to want to buy a 2015 Mustang with custom everything.

Fletcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hmm, looks similar to a pre-production EB premium I saw. This was at a dealer training event, and the instructor did mention that the fit/finish inside and out was not as good as the production models.
seatwrinkle.jpg

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Hmm, looks similar to a pre-production EB premium I saw. This was at a dealer training event, and the instructor did mention that the fit/finish inside and out was not as good as the production models.
I took the pic in the OP. It was at the mustang bucket list event. It's quite possible it was a pre production model. Dunno.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Absolutely not. I want to install the illuminated door sills because I like them, but I'm really really nervous about that -- you want to keep your car as stock as possible to maintain value. Nobody wants to buy a '68 Mustang that's had every single part replaced with something non-OEM. And forty years from now, nobody's going to want to buy a 2015 Mustang with custom everything.
You are really, really nervous about installing something that is offered from the factory (I understand it is not on your car) because you are concerned about the retail value 40 years from now?

I'm not going to lie. Often when I read your posts, I smile as I shake my head in disbelief:

this Jimmy guy tried driving a standard with only his right leg, finally got it going, but never took the car over 2000rpm, got home and took a ball-peen hammer to his brand new car in order to get the first dent out of the way.

I suspect you are a pretty darn good person in real life. :)
Sponsored