Sponsored

Seat wear question for owners

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Hey guys,
Just changed my order from the leather Recaros to the GT Premium 68B seats. Owner reviews seem to indicate the leather is really soft and quality feeling - but, it seems that this photo shows a ton of premature wear and bunching.

Any very early impressions from owners on the leather on the 68B seats? I've had the misfortune of experiencing seat warping and bunching on my BMW M6 (Following by peeling of the color) and in my Volvo, a high propensity to scuff even though I dont wear anything rough/studded etc and I'm about 135-145 pounds. Volvo told me to basically f-off when I pointed it out.

I'm keen on not repeating that experience and if the Recaros wear better I will swtich back (unless I get a VIN tomorrow, LOL) :frusty:
seat.jpg
Sponsored

Swagthony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
not a mustang but i have the new lincoln mkz and the leather is already doing the same, not quite as bad but almost just like that

mlor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135i
not a mustang but i have the new lincoln mkz and the leather is already doing the same, not quite as bad but almost just like that
How does something like this make it through months of quality control testing?

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
On my 11 leather it isn't that bad and it's been 4 years, maybe the better feeling leather is just flimsy?

559Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have doing some research on how to prevent this or help mitigate it.... does anyone have any advice???

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Wow, several back to back days with not great news about my car. This is seriously starting to hurt my head. I've been waiting at least a year for this car, and it's been almost 5 months since I ordered it. I'm really beginning to wonder if I should take delivery at this point. I picked the non-Recaro's because I wanted the heated/cooled seats, and then I *knew* I'd made the right decision after sitting in them at my dealers demo/training day. Now there's this. Throw in the lack of lighted door sills when ordering the 50th package (as if anyone knew this with the terrible ordering and dealer guides) and the slaughtering by the 1LE and man, I just don't know anymore.

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]c85yZC-9BJI[/MEDIA]"]

anyone try this?

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Don't know if this a help or not, but I have 450 miles on mine and the seats still look like new -- no bunching, yet.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Wow, several back to back days with not great news about my car. This is seriously starting to hurt my head. I've been waiting at least a year for this car, and it's been almost 5 months since I ordered it. I'm really beginning to wonder if I should take delivery at this point. I picked the non-Recaro's because I wanted the heated/cooled seats, and then I *knew* I'd made the right decision after sitting in them at my dealers demo/training day. Now there's this. Throw in the lack of lighted door sills when ordering the 50th package (as if anyone knew this with the terrible ordering and dealer guides) and the slaughtering by the 1LE and man, I just don't know anymore.
LOL! I feel you man. It's been one negative piece of news after another the past couple of days. Coupled with the delays I'm starting to feel the same way - the issue is there is nothing comparable at the price range (the 1LE is a different kind of DD IMHO and not what I am looking for and the M235i doesnt get me excited). If we're going to talk about the interior the 1LE and WRX STI, 370Z etc are no contenders regardless.

Don't know if this a help or not, but I have 450 miles on mine and the seats still look like new -- no bunching, yet.
It does, thanks. Although we should not be having this discussion till around 40K miles AT LEAST.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My god I cant wait to take deliveries so I can stop reading you Doom and Gloom posters!

The training vehicle that I saw had no bunching or scuffs and it had plenty of miles on it. I swear I dont understand how some of you survive day to day...EBOLA IS IN THE US WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Sponsored
OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
My god I cant wait to take deliveries so I can stop reading you Doom and Gloom posters!

The training vehicle that I saw had no bunching or scuffs and it had plenty of miles on it. I swear I dont understand how some of you survive day to day...EBOLA IS IN THE US WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
LOL. You gotta excuse us today man - it's hard for a bunch of us excited future owners when an iconic driver like Randy delivers the 1LE on a pedestal man. I look up to the guy for automotive impressions.

It will all be better tomorrow!!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
LOL. You gotta excuse us today man - it's hard for a bunch of us excited future owners when an iconic driver like Randy delivers the 1LE on a pedestal man. I look up to the guy for automotive impressions.

It will all be better tomorrow!!
Go to the 1LE vs GT thread and find my post where I quoted all the positives he said about the GT. That 1.5 secs is clouding all the true positives....I want to start paddling people.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Go back and look at my comments in the 1LE thread, Brent. I defended the Mustang pretty darn well, I thought. It's just getting to the point where there are too many things that have gone wrong with the launch in general. It's kind of ridiculous that we just now found out that if you ordered the 50th Anniversary Package, even with a 401A, you lose the illuminated door sills. Hell, my 2011 had that, as does my current one. I didn't expect to LOSE a feature I've had in 2 previous cars over a 4 year span.

How long did it take to figure out the dash you get with a PP + 50th? And all the other little things that were either not clear or simply not given to us before ordering and we just had to go on guessing. It's like: "Oh hey, here's your car. Oh, you didn't know that? Sorry about that, well, hope you'll still buy it and like it/live with it." These are reasonable complaints, IMO. I'm not saying that I'm not going to take delivery, but I can't just continue to be a Ford Mustang fanboi and accept everything and defend it at all costs. It's not a good buying decision. So, there's some more stuff to think about and factor in now, and that seems to continue happening on a fairly frequent basis.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
my focus had a little bunch at 33k but just like 2 small waves and the leather was still tight. I can't imagine the Mustang having cheaper leather than that

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I don't think this is a case of cheaper leather, this is a case of it not being stretched to fit the seat like you would expect to. It's a higher grade of leather than what's in my 2013, easily, at least if you get the Natural Grain option, and it seems that it's a little looser fitting for comfort, which could cause more wear.
Sponsored