seat covers

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am soon going to get faux leather custom (not universal) seat covers. I will get black only.
Price, looks, ease of install, and how well they hold up are equal considerations.
I am doing the shopping now. Which ones are good. I would even but from India or
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Shelby Auctions on eBay often has take-off (like new) OEM leather seat covers. I bought a set from them for less than $400, and installed them myself. It's not very difficult, just time consuming.

You can also look at leatherseats.com or katzkin.com - those will run $1k+, I believe Katzkin only sells through installers.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Shelby Auctions on eBay often has take-off (like new) OEM leather seat covers. I bought a set from them for less than $400, and installed them myself. It's not very difficult, just time consuming.

You can also look at leatherseats.com or katzkin.com - those will run $1k+, I believe Katzkin only sells through installers.
You can find some sellers of katzkin on eBay for under $1k. Those you would have to install yourself, plus no custom orders there.

Deleted member 35644

I would love to put some custom seats together through Katzkin or leather seats.com but they're just a little too proud of them. I find mine on eBay. My V6 is wearing a set of new take offs from a 2021. Huge price difference. ShelbyAuctions:

Screenshot_20220206-181404-421.png

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Hell, I will sell you my OEM GT Premium leather seats that are heated and cooled from my 2016 for cheap if you want. They have 20k miles on them and are in excellent shape. What year is your car?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
My car is 2015. I am sure they fit

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have to say, the Katzkins are a much better quality leather than the OEM leather. I went with the Katzkins. That being said just a year ago you could get Katzkins for under $600 for plain black. Now they are almost or at $1k. I had my Katzkins installed for $1300...

IMG_20210925_125630376_HDR.jpg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I bought a similar set and had them on for almost two years. Fit was pretty much spot on with only one problem being the welting on the side of the near the door. The PU leather would rub on it and wear it off. I tried gluing a plastic channel over the rub spots but nothing seemed to stick. I just today bought an upgraded version from a vendor on Amazon call Giant Panda. I bought these because the different stitching and more perforated portions of the seat. Installation went well and they look great. A few wrinkles but that will settle out as the car sits in the sun. Amazon has the set for $229 but there is a $30 coupon for it. Out the door was $215 and it is both front and rear seats.

81oV7OjasPL._AC_SX679_.jpg

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Do you have a link for these. The fit is great
I bought a similar set and had them on for almost two years. Fit was pretty much spot on with only one problem being the welting on the side of the near the door. The PU leather would rub on it and wear it off. I tried gluing a plastic channel over the rub spots but nothing seemed to stick. I just today bought an upgraded version from a vendor on Amazon call Giant Panda. I bought these because the different stitching and more perforated portions of the seat. Installation went well and they look great. A few wrinkles but that will settle out as the car sits in the sun. Amazon has the set for $229 but there is a $30 coupon for it. Out the door was $215 and it is both front and rear seats.

81oV7OjasPL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I have yet to install the rear seat covers as the ones from my original purchase still look great. Probably get around to it next week. A big plus was that I ordered these on Tuesday evening and got them on Friday. There are a couple things I learned installing this set so PM me and I will be happy to go over them with you. On the first set you showed, the welting appears to have been upgraded and so have the attachment points. Either way they are a great update to stock cloth seats.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I bought one of the first generation sets about 2 years ago and they fit great. Like I said before the only issue was wear on the welting where the seat belt came into contact and of course only on the driver's side. As you can see I tried to glue a cover over the wear points but to no avail. The new ones may have fixed that issue as the welting looks different (and glossier). At around $200 any of these are a great option since they slip over the factory seats covers while others require removing the factory covers completely. Several other Mustang owners thought they were factory.

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg
Sponsored