Sponsored

Seat Covers

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I am thinking about getting seat covers. Not only to preserve the cloth interrior I have, but some leather covers I saw are really comfortable. People who have them: who did you go to? Was it worth it? How are they? I suppose I am looking for something that fits my S550 low end basic model just fine.
Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
I am thinking about getting seat covers. Not only to preserve the cloth interrior I have, but some leather covers I saw are really comfortable. People who have them: who did you go to? Was it worth it? How are they? I suppose I am looking for something that fits my S550 low end basic model just fine.
You can get OEM or Katzkin leather takeoff seat covers on eBay, that are really nice. I did that replacement on my 2014 base mustang. They would literally replace the cloth covers though, as in you'd have to either remove the cloth covers and install the leather yourself or have an upholstery shop do it, not sure if thats what you meant or if you just want something to go over the cloth seats.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get OEM or Katzkin leather takeoff seat covers on eBay, that are really nice. I did that replacement on my 2014 base mustang. They would literally replace the cloth covers though, as in you'd have to either remove the cloth covers and install the leather yourself or have an upholstery shop do it, not sure if thats what you meant or if you just want something to go over the cloth seats.
Just something that goes over the seats. Just for the front as I don't have kids at the moment.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been looking too. Thereā€™s just not anything affordable out there that I have found. I tried the towel type and those are a joke. Simply for trips from the beach or the gym, etc. Not good for daily use. They just hang down and have no straps. I tried the Plasticolor cheapies. No go on those too because there is no way to get their strap between the seat cushion and back cushion. If there was something that actually worked for $100 or less Iā€™d be all over it. Iā€™m probably like you, I donā€™t want a replacement but a cover to protect the ones I have.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been looking too. Thereā€™s just not anything affordable out there that I have found. I tried the towel type and those are a joke. Simply for trips from the beach or the gym, etc. Not good for daily use. They just hang down and have no straps. I tried the Plasticolor cheapies. No go on those too because there is no way to get their strap between the seat cushion and back cushion. If there was something that actually worked for $100 or less Iā€™d be all over it. Iā€™m probably like you, I donā€™t want a replacement but a cover to protect the ones I have.
I wanted to update and say that I had it wrong. The cheapie Plasticolor cover DOES work. I was about to return it too. I looked at the seat again, and you can sneak a hand back under a cover there to pull the big clip into place. It fits ok. You probably wonā€™t win car shows with it, but the thing does look like it will give some wear protection which is what Iā€™m after. Seems like it will stay in place. Once the cover sits in the sun and relaxes the looks may be a bit better, as it has a few wrinkles.

View media item 17484View media item 17483

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to update and say that I had it wrong. The cheapie Plasticolor cover DOES work. I was about to return it too. I looked at the seat again, and you can sneak a hand back under a cover there to pull the big clip into place. It fits ok. You probably wonā€™t win car shows with it, but the thing does look like it will give some wear protection which is what Iā€™m after. Seems like it will stay in place. Once the cover sits in the sun and relaxes the looks may be a bit better, as it has a few wrinkles.

View media item 17484View media item 17483
Those look really nice actually. I think I'll give it a try.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I had those Ford covers in my ā€˜15 F150 XLT.. worked out great and donā€™t look bad. A quick toss in the dryer will get rid of the wrinkles pretty quickly. I purchased mine at Walmart and paid around $20 each.

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I just recently got FH Group seat covers from Amazon to put over my base cloth seats. I had to do a bit of wrestling to get them where I wanted and the fit isn't exactly perfect, but for universal seat covers, I'm pretty satisfied. It feels nice and looks nice in my opinion and I didn't want to go through an expensive upholstery as of right now.
IMG_9136.jpg

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Funny I just started looking for ones to cover my cloth seats. I like the seats but I can already what looks like a bit of wear and they're much tougher to clean than the p-leather I had in my '15.

Anybody try Coverking? There's a bunch out there and not a lot of reviews that I trust that aren't from review-mill websites (bestcarcovers.com and such shit). The Neoprene ones sound nice since I hated how the leather felt in extreme temperatures, I'm just curious if it's slippery or not because I like having grippy seats when I'm aggressively cornering.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I just recently got FH Group seat covers from Amazon to put over my base cloth seats. I had to do a bit of wrestling to get them where I wanted and the fit isn't exactly perfect, but for universal seat covers, I'm pretty satisfied. It feels nice and looks nice in my opinion and I didn't want to go through an expensive upholstery as of right now.
IMG_9136.jpg
very nice do you have a link

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I bought a set of TTX Lighting Custom PU Leather Seat covers on Amazon. For about $220 for front and back seats they look and feel a lot nicer than the cloth seats ever did. Time will tell how they hold up but it has been about two months now and all good! PS: The ones on ebay do not have the slit and cut out for the seatbelt retainer strap but this one does.

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8289.jpg

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Do you have a link for this? They look great

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I bought a set of TTX Lighting Custom PU Leather Seat covers on Amazon. For about $220 for front and back seats they look and feel a lot nicer than the cloth seats ever did. Time will tell how they hold up but it has been about two months now and all good! PS: The ones on ebay do not have the slit and cut out for the seatbelt retainer strap but this one does.

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8289.jpg
How easy to install?