Sponsored

Seat belts-do not fit

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Ditto, I drove 900 miles over 2.5 days and my neck was raw.

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wonder if taking it apart, and routing it through the belt hole in the seat back would work, or what implications would there be safety wise by doing so in the event of a crash?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ok so there is one thing on this car that drives me batty and so far I haven't figured out a solution.

My size doesn't fit these seat belts height wise. No matter how I move the seat, belt in the holder or not it cuts right into the side of my neck. If I have a polo or similar shirt on, it isn't bad as I can put it under the collar of the shirt, but wearing a T-shirt it is annoying to drive with the belt on.

Anyone have a similar issue? Fix??
Thank you for linking me to this thread, 1LEThumper.

I've noticed the same thing. My '14 F150 has an adjustable belt, you can raise or lower the attachment point that's over your left shoulder ... wish the 350 had that.
Same thing here.
Same, the loop on the side of the seat helps a tiny bit to keep it from riding up quite so far
I tried those, the metal version, and a seatbelt extender. They all suck, the closer slide around and poke me in the gut. The extender is better but not perfect. Can't believe the seatbelt doesn't move up and down.
I posted on this a while back and still have not found a solution. I have tried the seatbelt extender, the padded cover and the plastic adjuster. ...
Ditto.
I drove from NYC to Burlington VT this weekend. No height adj on the feed.
I think a lot of the issues stems from the fact that the Pre Tensioner is tight. It is really pulling back hard all the time. Which, being the car that it's in, is prob a good thing.
Mine bugs me too.
Ditto, I drove 900 miles over 2.5 days and my neck was raw.
Hey guys,

To share general ideas with Ford Motor Company on how we can enhance our products and services, please visit http://social.ford.com. Here you can voice your opinions on what you would like to see in your next vehicle, such as the things you’ve mentioned.

Ford Social is also a place where you can share your experiences on owning your Ford Vehicle, get the latest updates on what is happening within the company, or catch up on exciting technologies and concepts being explored by Ford. You can also post questions for our engineers, designers or CEO.

Deysha

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have the same issue, but I raised my seat via the side lever (recaro) and keep the belt in the loop. Not much else you can do. I also found my position in the seat affects this as well (slumping, vs good posture..)

Sponsored

OP
OP
1LEThumper

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have the same issue, but I raised my seat via the side lever (recaro) and keep the belt in the loop. Not much else you can do. I also found my position in the seat affects this as well (slumping, vs good posture..)
I have moved that seat every which way from Sunday and it still hits me.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I have the same issues with my belt. I just try to pull my shirt up a bit on the left side and let the belt ride on it instead of my neck. I'm 6' about 225lb. I think I'm used to it now but I have removed my Recaro seats in favor of stock cloth bucket seats from a 15 Mustang. Much easier to use for most of my driving. That could also make a difference.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum