Sponsored

SCT TUNER HELP

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Hello, I bought the x4 7015 sct tuner and installed the 91 octane tune in my car I have an automatic 6spd GT and in non sport mode it shifts like crap from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It jerks pretty bad through those gears. I put the factory tune back and now it shifts totally normal. I didn't mess with any of the shift points in the tune. Has anyone else experienced this or know why this happened? I am going to call SCT but I haven't done that yet. Seeing if anyone knows what causes that problem and how to fix it.

I have Stainless works cat back,airaid intake,bbk throttle body.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thank you!
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Doesn't sound like you're actually using a specific tuner just the one that comes with the device. If you do have a specific tuner they can make adjustments for your automatic transmission shifts.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Yeah there are some negative perceptions out there of the "canned" tunes coming with the SCT device. I've never tried mine. Just find a reputable tuner and go from there - guessing or using a "canned" tune that worked for one guy's vehicle build may be completely wrong for yours.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Hello, I bought the x4 7015 sct tuner and installed the 91 octane tune in my car I have an automatic 6spd GT and in non sport mode it shifts like crap from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It jerks pretty bad through those gears. I put the factory tune back and now it shifts totally normal. I didn't mess with any of the shift points in the tune. Has anyone else experienced this or know why this happened? I am going to call SCT but I haven't done that yet. Seeing if anyone knows what causes that problem and how to fix it.

I have Stainless works cat back,airaid intake,bbk throttle body.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thank you!
It sounds like you were using the preloaded file from SCT, and if so, they will only support a limited amount of modifications. Judging by the list of modifications you provided, that's more than likely the cause. You'll want to get a custom file and all of those issues will go away. If you have any questions, or would like to hit us up for a Lund Tune, please let us know!

Matt

Sponsored

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Hi there, yes I am using a preloaded tune. If you think getting a custom tune built would help that not to happen that I would be open to talking with you about a Lune Tune, should I talk with you about that and the cost? Are you able to e-mail it to me so I can upload it to my SCT tuner?

It sounds like you were using the preloaded file from SCT, and if so, they will only support a limited amount of modifications. Judging by the list of modifications you provided, that's more than likely the cause. You'll want to get a custom file and all of those issues will go away. If you have any questions, or would like to hit us up for a Lund Tune, please let us know!

Matt

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Cool, I will do that and work on getting a custom tune. Thanks for the advice

Yeah there are some negative perceptions out there of the "canned" tunes coming with the SCT device. I've never tried mine. Just find a reputable tuner and go from there - guessing or using a "canned" tune that worked for one guy's vehicle build may be completely wrong for yours.

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Yes that is right, I am only using the preloaded 91 octane tune for SCT. So it sounds like I need a custom tune so I don't experience this anymore. Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't sound like you're actually using a specific tuner just the one that comes with the device. If you do have a specific tuner they can make adjustments for your automatic transmission shifts.

flasch192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT 93 cobra
Did you look too see if you need a update from sct ?

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Yes because when I first bought the tuner it wouldn't work with my car until I updated the tuner so it recognize a 2017 vehicle. It was just updated less than 1 week ago before I installed the tune

Did you look too see if you need a update from sct ?

Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Hi there, yes I am using a preloaded tune. If you think getting a custom tune built would help that not to happen that I would be open to talking with you about a Lune Tune, should I talk with you about that and the cost? Are you able to e-mail it to me so I can upload it to my SCT tuner?
Yes, we would email over the file since you already have the device. The only thing you need would be the SCT software, but you can download that directly from their site.

Feel free to give me a call, and I'll help answer any questions you may have and we can go from there.

561-753-8105/877-2LETHAL

Matt

flasch192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT 93 cobra
Yes because when I first bought the tuner it wouldn't work with my car until I updated the tuner so it recognize a 2017 vehicle. It was just updated less than 1 week ago before I installed the tune
I think it might be a sct issue , I got 1 from vmp a week ago with a couple tunes , loaded 1 and the car ran like shit, real lazy dowm low bucked above 4k rpm , no warning lights tho , I thought hmm loaded the ford tune back in ( running ford pp2 ) come too find out I had a ton of communication errors between multiple modules , haven't had time too dig into any farther ........

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Dang that sucks, I hope you get that figured out. I am going to order a custom tune probably from lethal performance with my mods and hopefully that fixes the problem.

I think it might be a sct issue , I got 1 from vmp a week ago with a couple tunes , loaded 1 and the car ran like shit, real lazy dowm low bucked above 4k rpm , no warning lights tho , I thought hmm loaded the ford tune back in ( running ford pp2 ) come too find out I had a ton of communication errors between multiple modules , haven't had time too dig into any farther ........

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sct is constantly adding new updates, we can def assist you with a custom tune that would far out do the canned sct tune.

we are lunds largest dealer and here from 8am to 10pm seven days a week to assist by phone as well and walk you through any issues

beef
513-478-1965
www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Dang that sucks, I hope you get that figured out. I am going to order a custom tune probably from lethal performance with my mods and hopefully that fixes the problem.
Give us a call when you're ready! We'll definitely take good care of you and get you squared away!

Matt
Sponsored