Sponsored

SCT BDX Problem JLT & Auto Transmission

Import2Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang CV
I bought a SCT BDX Tuner for my 2019 Ecoboost 10A to pair with a JLT CAI and I noticed that the canned tune doesn’t allow me to chose an intake option, unlike the online YouTube examples I’ve seen. To make matters complicated, I now have a thud or hard jerk in the transmission when I accelerate hard and the transmission downshifts 4-5 gears.

I tried calling the SCT service line but not much luck. I got to say that they weren’t as helpful as I thought they’d be. A bit disappointing in service.

Have others been able to select an intake option with an Ecoboost configuration?

Also, anyone else experience a thud after programming an SCT tune?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
There is an intake option for cars that are MAF based, like the Mustang GT. These cars are speed density, MAP based. They don’t require a tune or tune option for an intake. That’s why you’re not seeing it.

In regards to the shifting issues, look in the adjustable settings when you flash a tune and there might be something in there to soften it up a little. Other cars had a similar option in the past, but I’m not sure on the newer EcoBoost cars. It’s been a few years since I’ve messed with any SCT products. And that’s because of reasons like you’ve mentioned.

On another note, hit up Brew City Boost and talk to Casey. He can tune for the SCT devices and does a very good job. I’d highly recommend doing something like that anyways instead of running a canned tune.