Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
Obviously the virus can cause death. Sources that can cause injury or death is something most companies try to mitigate at the job site. Letting unvaccinated people run around at work without any testing or other precautions is just plain irresponsible. Employees will not know if the people around them are vaccinated or not unless the person wants to divulge their own status.

Many companies banned smoking on company property because second hand smoke can effect other people. Same basic principle. And those companies will fire anyone breaking that rule. Is that "unfair" and "unconstitutional". No it's not, because it's their house.
That's true to an extent. I'm not sure anyone on here is advocating that people or businesses shouldn't be taking precautions.
Sponsored

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I think being required to wear a safety harness is unconstituitonal. If I want to fall 100 ft and splatter on the ground, that's my constitutional right !!! ... as long as I don't kill someone else on the ground. 🤪
I think there's a world of difference between requiring a vaccine, especially a new one, and a restraining device like a harness. OSHA, for instance, doesn't require every employee to get a Hepatitis shot, even though it's entirely possible for an employee to be exposed to blood and other bodily fluids that could be infected.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think there's a world of difference between requiring a vaccine, especially a new one, and a restraining device like a harness. OSHA, for instance, doesn't require every employee to get a Hepatitis shot, even though it's entirely possible for an employee to be exposed to blood and other bodily fluids that could be infected.
Do you think the guidelines might be different if we were in the middle of a hepatitis crisis?

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You think it's your "constitutional right" to drive a car without meeting any requirements? That's how you come across.

You think someone can go into work and put their co-workers into possible harm is their constitutional right when it's not even their house? A job isn't a right either, it's a privilege that you earn.
I'm not sure how you can think a job isn't a right. Anti-discrimination laws like equal opportunity kind of heavily imply that it is, otherwise how couldn't a business turn down applicants for things such as applicant sex, age, or disability status?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure how you can think a job isn't a right. Anti-discrimination laws like equal opportunity kind of heavily imply that it is, otherwise how couldn't a business turn down applicants for things such as applicant sex, age, or disability status?
No, those laws make it illegal to discriminate on those grounds but they don’t make it so that each and every person is entitled to a job.

A job is what you get when you meet ALL of the requirements of the employer. Until then, you have no right to that job.

Sponsored

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
No, those laws make it illegal to discriminate on those grounds but they don’t make it so that each and every person is entitled to a job.

A job is what you get when you meet ALL of the requirements of the employer. Until then, you have no right to that job.
Sure, you don't have a right to a particular job, but you do have the right to have a job in general. If you didn't, it wouldn't be illegal to discriminate against those and other protected classes. It couldn't be illegal as you wouldn't have a right that's being impeded.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That's true to an extent. I'm not sure anyone on here is advocating that people or businesses shouldn't be taking precautions.
A few are crying it's "unconstitutional" for companies to pose a mandate that workers are vaccinated or else take a test. They think they can do whatever they want at work I guess.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They aren't requiring a vaccination. They can routinely test if they aren't vaccinated. Both options are to mitigate risk to the entire work force, just like a safety harness or any other safety related process does.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
A few are crying it's "unconstitutional" for companies to pose a mandate that workers are vaccinated or else take a test. They think they can do whatever they want at work I guess.
I think it skirts the line. I think it's fine for companies to require employees wear masks and distance unless they're vaccinated or have had COVID previously.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're trying to equate equality and lack of discrimination among all job applicants as a "right" to have that job. Big difference. I can't go to any company and demand that they hire me just because I have the "constitutional right" to have the job they have an opening for.

Last edited:

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
They aren't requiring a vaccination. They can routinely test if they aren't vaccinated. Both options are to mitigate risk to the entire work force, just like a safety harness or any other safety related process does.
They're requiring one or the other, without formalizing how the other will be handled. Or, as far as I know, how the testing needs to be done and by whom.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You're trying to equate equality and lack of discrimiantion amounst all job applicants as a "right" to have that job. Big difference. I can't go to any company and demand that they hire me just because I have the "constitutional right" to have the job they have and opening for.
No, I'm saying you have the right to have a job in the US. Not necessarily a particular job.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I'm saying you have the right to have a job in the US. Not necessarily a particular job.
If you google it, there is divide of thought on this. But even if it was a "right" there are obviously requirements set forth by the employer and others for them to give you a job. Proof of being vaccinated or testing as required is going to be one of those stipulations if this pandemic continues as is. People you can either accept that or not have the job. So that "right" to work does not over power the requirements needed or defined to work the job.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Some here need to read and understand the constitution.
The mandate that came down is all companies over 100 people need to have all employees jabbed. There was no or be tested.

Anyway I will not be drawn into politics.

You keep trying to equate this to a DL, demonstrating an ability to operate a vehicle is miles away from having a foreign substance injected into your body.
Sponsored