Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Oh I don't remember what exactly they gave us for malaria pills but I know there are several different ones. I remember researching it and a side effect was to make you hallucinate. This was also in 2012-2013.
Its doxycycline. My dreams have never been the same since taking it.

I actually was freaking out because my squad never got issued the pills. We actually had to acquire them while we were there, so I never had a full 9 month supply. I guess its good I didn't have enough to last me the whole time
Sponsored

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Like all thing through history, FOLLOW THE MONEY!!

Climate change, right now if you want a grant you provide "science" that says man is causing the climate to change. You get even more money if you give information that says the earth as we know it will come to an end.

Covid, Make a vaccine that is not a vaccine so it will need a booster shot every year. Find a mutation in the scary virus and make a vaccine that is not a vaccine for that variant and needs a booster every year

Wash rinse and repeat.

No conspiracy's just money.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yeah that sounds familiar. Many people stopped taking it because of dreams/nightmares. I maybe dream or remember a dream only once in a few months or half a year or so. Never really bothered me except for the one giant spider dream. I generally fall asleep thinking about something like "wow what if this could happen, what would I do?" and then wake up. I'm pretty good at turning everything off ever since Iraq.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The China emission problem is something that has already been beat with a dead horse so I don't know what you are hoping gain by brining it up. The guy was simply making the point that China is releasing carbon emissions so why should we lower ours 🤷‍♂️

The 2nd article you posted when into further detail about China's coal plants and emissions. Its interesting that the emissions were declining and then steadily increased from the US withdrawal from the Pairs Climate Agreement and the current trade war. The issue with China cannot be handled locally. As the article states, it is up to our newly elected president to handle the situation and get China to lower the emissions. Despite him being a democrat I doubt he will be effective, he can't even convince congress to pass his plans so I don't see how he can get Xi to do the same. He met with Putin at the G7 summit and the ransomware attacks are still occurring. The US presidents have been weakening our superpower image since WW2. The takeaway I got was that climate change is a way for the US to exert more of its influence onto the global stage. The western world has the ability to meet CO2 reduction targets but they fail to meet them because the lack of political will, the hypocrisy is hilarious
Hello; The thing about China in both links is both links say much the same about it. My posting one link was panned because of the source of the link, not the content. The one link was an opinion and was stated as such.

I do not quite follow the highlighted comment above about China and the withdraw of the USA from the Paris Accord. Near as I can tell from information the past years is China has been doing just what it wants and has been blowing smoke about the green changes. They will build and sell solar panels, wind mills and such, but are not going to be green any time soon.

I guess the thing for me is that if every country other than China gets to zero carbon, China alone will out do the numbers and make enough carbon to surpass target numbers by multiple times. The "western" countries will talk and tax us but will continue to do business.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Climate change, right now if you want a grant you provide "science" that says man is causing the climate to change. You get even more money if you give information that says the earth as we know it will come to an end.

Covid, Make a vaccine that is not a vaccine so it will need a booster shot every year. Find a mutation in the scary virus and make a vaccine that is not a vaccine for that variant and needs a booster every year

Wash rinse and repeat.

I do like this kind of thinking but I will ask the question. If you uncover the real truth today and can point fingers at the "guilty", What will really change? You'll be the crazy one most likely. Maybe some others will follow you but it's not like anything will really change. "They" are going to do whatever "they're" going to do and at this point, nobody can or will stop "them". That's my little theory anyway. Maybe I'm the one who's more willing to get in the bread line than I like to think I am... Reading this, I may be a little crazy haha!

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that sounds familiar. Many people stopped taking it because of dreams/nightmares. I maybe dream or remember a dream only once in a few months or half a year or so. Never really bothered me except for the one giant spider dream. I generally fall asleep thinking about something like "wow what if this could happen, what would I do?" and then wake up. I'm pretty good at turning everything off ever since Iraq.
I never got a full 9 month supply, so I had to acquire it. I took it sporadically but when I finally had a supply, I saved it towards the end because the pills can actually clear up acne. I just had extremely vivid and absurdly violent dreams. The dreams felt so real, and they were always grotesque and disturbing a lot of the times I honestly didn't know if I was sleeping or not, I was dreaming that I was in a dream like some inception stuff, it was super weird. It was the first time I ever experienced sleep paralysis. The ones I have now aren't as frequent or as vivid, but violent ones happen on occasion. They become more frequent and progressively get worse as I become mentally stressed which makes sense. I am very bad at tuning everything out now.

My biology teacher in college had a similar experience. I forget where he was but he was on a field trip in another country. He had to stop taking it because he was tripping balls lol. I thought it was hilarious. It definitely is a thing

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Wash rinse and repeat.

You can say that about literally everything though.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Interesting.

My ophthalmologist put me on it to combat eye styes that I fight during spring allergies, which almost kill me. I tend to have a pretty active imagination and dreams anyway, but they're off the rails sometimes now. I had no idea this stuff can cause it, I thought it was just me, LOL.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; I think you named your own action. I caught on right away but has to read the link first.

I in fact reposted both links in one post very recently. Just as has been the pattern throughout this thread if I or others find and post some solid information you and those who support the same views will just ignore that information.
Any other time I have posted information about China in the past of member burkey has jumped right in with a defense of China and often throws in a dig at the USA. But that link got not a comment.
Many of us are onto the tactics you use. I do not need to use the time and energy to repost for you to have it ignored again.
As I have said before there are no tactics and no team effort. I speak for myself and nobody else.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I don't know the full story about HCQ, but at the time of the craze there were conflicting studies and not any solid consensus which is most likely why it became political.
No, there were no conflicting studies, just ones that demonstrated it had no benefit, unlike dexamethasone which is equally cheap and does have benefits so is now used.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The thing about China in both links is both links say much the same about it. My posting one link was panned because of the source of the link, not the content. The one link was an opinion and was stated as such.

I do not quite follow the highlighted comment above about China and the withdraw of the USA from the Paris Accord. Near as I can tell from information the past years is China has been doing just what it wants and has been blowing smoke about the green changes. They will build and sell solar panels, wind mills and such, but are not going to be green any time soon.

I guess the thing for me is that if every country other than China gets to zero carbon, China alone will out do the numbers and make enough carbon to surpass target numbers by multiple times. The "western" countries will talk and tax us but will continue to do business.
Did you not read the article you posted? It literally explains the situation in detail. I really do not feel like re-explaining.

That's because China is not part of the Western World, they do their own thing, that is up to the western leaders to pressure China into being zero carbon. Blaming China instead of holding politicians accountable is a huge cop out and just further encourages them to play by their own rules. The article says China plans to be net zero by 2060 but by 2030 they are going to be at double the coal power.

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oh I don't remember what exactly they gave us for malaria pills but I know there are several different ones. I remember researching it and a side effect was to make you hallucinate. This was also in 2012-2013.
I never got a full 9 month supply, so I had to acquire it. I took it sporadically but when I finally had a supply, I saved it towards the end because the pills can actually clear up acne. I just had extremely vivid and absurdly violent dreams. The dreams felt so real, and they were always grotesque and disturbing a lot of the times I honestly didn't know if I was sleeping or not, I was dreaming that I was in a dream like some inception stuff, it was super weird. It was the first time I ever experienced sleep paralysis. The ones I have now aren't as frequent or as vivid, but violent ones happen on occasion. They become more frequent and progressively get worse as I become mentally stressed which makes sense. I am very bad at tuning everything out now.

My biology teacher in college had a similar experience. I forget where he was but he was on a field trip in another country. He had to stop taking it because he was tripping balls lol. I thought it was hilarious. It definitely is a thing
Never heard of doxy causing bad dreams, but won't dispute it. I know for a fact that it's a side effect of mefloquine. Never allowed to take it for that reason.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/mefloquine-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20067686

Most of my experience was with primaquine and chloraquine, which later got combined into primaquine-choloraquine. Before it was combined, we would have to cycle through one while in an exposure area and then the other after exfil from the area. Those who couldn't take it (which were a good handful) would get doxy. Later, everyone would get doxy--two weeks prior, once per week while in, and several weeks after. Never got bad dreams from it or heard of anyone, but some may have. Interesting thing about doxycycline is that, as an antibiotic (post-infection treatment), it is used as a prophylaxis that augments the body's ability to fight malaria on it's own.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
you just know it's Dr. Evil sitting at the table with tented fingers advising the CCP how to destroy the world for their own gain. No? You mean it's economical and plentiful? (not to say the CCP gives a rat's ass about ecological matters)
Made me think of this haha!

giphy.gif

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of doxy causing bad dreams, but won't dispute it. I know for a fact that it's a side effect of mefloquine. Never allowed to take it for that reason.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/mefloquine-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20067686

Most of my experience was with primaquine and chloraquine, which later got combined into primaquine-choloraquine. Before it was combined, we would have to cycle through one while in an exposure area and then the other after exfil from the area. Those who couldn't take it (which were a good handful) would get doxy. Later, everyone would get doxy--two weeks prior, once per week while in, and several weeks after. Never got bad dreams from it or heard of anyone, but some may have. Interesting thing about doxycycline is that, as an antibiotic (post-infection treatment), it is used as a prophylaxis that augments the body's ability to fight malaria on it's own.
Lol okay so I was curious and did some digging.

I really couldn't find anything like you said. I found a really good study that compared the effects of mefloquine and doxycycline. To be honest, I'd be wary of the results because I had to fill out questionaries' like they asked and I always bullshited them to just be done. Vivid dreams was not reported as an adverse side effect, it was mostly GI issues and photosensitivity. I did find some stuff that indicated vivid dreams to doxycycline but it wasn't anything official literature. The study is really long, and goes into detail so its hard to make sense of it, but it says short-term efficacy studies have shown variable rates of side effects among patients taking various forms of chemoprophylaxis, though reliable safety and tolerability data on long-term use are limited. This was in 2015 which is fairly recent so it does seem like there is a gap in research

It seems like there was media attention with mefloquine. I don't really know how big it was because I wasn't old enough to pay attention to this stuff but I can see old news articles about it. I saw something that said US Army discontinued mefloquine around 2006 or 2009 but on Wikipedia it says the US Army stopped giving it to Special Forces in 2013, I went in 2014. I honestly can't say 100% with certainty, that doxycycline was prescribed. Because my squad was the first ones to be in country we bypassed alot of the typical stuff. When the rest of our platoon arrived at our base 3 months later we acquired the malaria pills from them. On the bottle it did say doxycycline. Knowing the Army, it wouldn't surprise me if the label just said doxycycline but the pills were really mefloquine. I never had a TBI over there, but I felt really stupid when I got back, like I always would forget stuff and I was never like that. You can never trust them, the military does what it wants.

It is surprising, because Plasmodium, the parasite that causes malaria is not bacteria. I wonder what is it about mefloquine that makes it destroy your brain. The compound Quinine is extracted from a bark in Peru and is a natural way to prevent malaria. So all of those quine drugs are similar chemically speaking.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: