Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I tend to agree. No amount of evidence or accompanying explanation will be sufficient for those who want to cling to what they prefer to believe.
Science is cancelled indeed.
Science isn't cancelled - it will continue as it always has and people will benefit from the progress. Just some will claim conspiracies
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I have direct family that works in this field , I know exactly how it works and what you have to do to get grants, and funding.
Tow the line of the agenda.narrative of those footing the bill, or your research and lab will be black balled to death.
Most will not risk their masters or phd's and career, and do what is required to keep the money flowing.
Sadly, They have family to support and bills to pay. and can't risk a whole career and college ed. to try to take the moral high ground.
Science is bought and paid for.
THose that do their own research on subject matter will see that science shows a 182 year warming and cooling cycle that has happened over and over and over again.
Would you like to enlighten the class on why the earth warms to higher temps than we are projected to be at by 2050 ,When man was still using donkeys and horses, you know before industrial age.
Why di it do this again and again and again without any of that evil industrial man, and the so called man made climate change. Oh, and don't forget that the same Science claimed we be heading for a great cooling of earths climate not that long ago . 40 years ago is spit to the history of the earth and it's climate.
But this and other earth climate facts don't fit the agenda today, so most don't talk about it ,TILL they are retired and are not beholden to any grants or funding.
Like I stated in the last post, selecting facts and omitting others to get the research report those footing the bill, is today's pulished SCIENCE.
Again, more conclusive statements from someone that knows very little.

Anyone that uses the term "so called" to describe MMGW has an obvious extreme bias.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now post a graph of the last 300+ years. instead of taking a "bite" That shows your stance because it is out of context.
I can select what I want and omitt what I don't want to show also.
You should do your part and sell your mustang, and cut of the power to your living quarters, and stop heating and cooling it.
Then get a petal bike.
HEADLINE:

Science Denier Posts Weird Al Video to Bolster Argument

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I agree this vaccine was never designed to stop the spread. It advertised at times to stop the spread but that wasn’t based on data. The entire point of this conversation has been about finding an effective treatment. I personally believe that we should have invested the same amount of money into a treatment as a vaccine. A billion dollar prize for the first company/person that develops or finds a drug that treats covid with a high effectiveness would have gotten the job done. Vaccinating the high risk while treating the low risk would have been the optimal outcome.

Few things in life are actually random. They may look random but the reality is with enough information the randomness fades away. This virus operates the same way. Every so often in the right individual an error occurs that makes the virus more suitable for its environment. You could call that error random but only the more fit mutations survive. That evolutionary step is taken and the less fit for the environment dieaway.

With the vaccine the premise is the same. Would the virus pick up a mutation that makes the vaccine less effective without the vaccine being in that environment? If the answer is no, we have push the evolution of the virus in a certain direction. Will the virus learn to use a defect we have created our immune system with the use of this vaccine? The answer is we hope not because at this point we don’t know.

The goal of natural selection is to reach the population limit.
As said before - a vaccine is by far the better option as it prevents disease. Effective treatments are also being worked on (as previously noted) but why would you prioritise treatment over prevention - there is no logic in that.

The RNA mutations are random. The presence of the vaccine makes no difference. If a vaccine escape strain is created it would have done it whether the vaccine was present or not. The good thing about the 'delta' strain - if you can call it good - is that it is much more transmissible and so smothers less transmissible strains, witness what has happened to the 'alpha' strain in Europe.

As previously mentioned viruses can't 'learn anything'. There is no 'defect' created in our immune system by the vaccine. That is not how vaccines work.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; You answered a question not asked. No doubt China is continuing with coal in a big way. The question is how was the link you and others condemned because of the source wrong about China. Specifically as I recall the most recent link went on about China's pollution levels. Seems even the link panned as being biased made the call correctly about China.

Hello; The link you provided had nothing to do with China or India. Neither was mentioned. Nice try tho.
What is your point though? Let's assume the data is perfect. Now what?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
'Nice try tho' - try at what? I posted a link - did I mention the link was about China or India? Suggesting I was deflecting from something?

The links you posted are some time ago and I'm not going to dig back to find them. Repost if you like.
Hello; I think you named your own action. I caught on right away but has to read the link first.

I in fact reposted both links in one post very recently. Just as has been the pattern throughout this thread if I or others find and post some solid information you and those who support the same views will just ignore that information.
Any other time I have posted information about China in the past of member burkey has jumped right in with a defense of China and often throws in a dig at the USA. But that link got not a comment.
Many of us are onto the tactics you use. I do not need to use the time and energy to repost for you to have it ignored again.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I tend to agree. No amount of evidence or accompanying explanation will be sufficient for those who want to cling to what they prefer to believe.
Science is cancelled indeed.
Studies have demonstrated that a more complex sense of the awareness of the self begins to emerge at around one year of age and becomes much more developed by approximately 18 months of age.
There is no shame in being a late bloomer.

Now go and sin no more.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You prioritize treatment over vaccination with a none sterilizing vaccine if you want to stop the spread. The only sterilizing immunity we have found so far is natural immunity. You let the young get infected while vaccinating the vulnerable. If we would have gone that route we could actually stop the spread of this virus faster while also keeping the economy open. I think most everyone will be infected one way or another, so what is the difference if we had an effective treatment Vs a vaccine? The only difference I can see is the number of opportunities this virus has to generate an escape variant in the vaccinated population.

We will have to just disagree on the premise that this virus is not random. I can’t see any way a virus would be more fit to subvert a vaccine without that vaccine being present in said environment. Survival of the fittest is how nature works.

And I do hope delta can let our population get sterilizing immunity before a mutation crops up that creates more problems. I have a lot of respect for a virus that can cripple the entire population with what equates to 16 pages of text.
Again, more base assumptions that are incorrect.

All the extra dead be damned though, huh?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
So I don't dream very often and when I do it's normally the same stuff revolving around sex and/or being a superhero. Then there are the rare ones like when I was in Afghanistan taking anti malaria pills and having dreams like my wife and I riding a giant spider to who knows where. I only remember the beginning of last nights dream. I got vaccinated and the next day when I tried to take the band aid off, it was pulling my black decaying flesh off with it so I went to the ER. Once there these mofos just left me in the waiting room as my arm was about to fall off. That's all I remember about the dream and it made it rather exciting when I actually removed the band aid this morning. Perfectly fine, no flash eating craziness, at least that I can see. Likely working it's way to my brain as designed. My arm is a little tender but the other arm that got tetanus shot is worse. Planning on some boxing tonight to work the kinks out of the muscle and fat and should be completely fine.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I don't dream very often and when I do it's normally the same stuff revolving around sex and/or being a superhero. Then there are the rare ones like when I was in Afghanistan taking anti malaria pills and having dreams like my wife and I riding a giant spider to who knows where. I only remember the beginning of last nights dream. I got vaccinated and the next day when I tried to take the band aid off, it was pulling my black decaying flesh off with it so I went to the ER. Once there these mofos just left me in the waiting room as my arm was about to fall off. That's all I remember about the dream and it made it rather exciting when I actually removed the band aid this morning. Perfectly fine, no flash eating craziness, at least that I can see. Likely working it's way to my brain as designed. My arm is a little tender but the other arm that got tetanus shot is worse. Planning on some boxing tonight to work the kinks out of the muscle and fat and should be completely fine.
That's mefloquine that does that. Don't think that was ever offered as COVID treatment/prevention.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I think they were at first. Then when they recomended HCQ it became political.
I don't know the full story about HCQ, but at the time of the craze there were conflicting studies and not any solid consensus which is most likely why it became political.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That's mefloquine that does that. Don't think that was ever offered as COVID treatment/prevention.
Oh I don't remember what exactly they gave us for malaria pills but I know there are several different ones. I remember researching it and a side effect was to make you hallucinate. This was also in 2012-2013.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
’m deliberately leaving the rest alone so that I can pin you down on ONE topic.
Check out the exhibit and you will know.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Hello; An interesting aspect of the back and forth on this site is what you point out. I posted two links recently. One mostly about how China is not actually going green any time soon. Posted that several days ago. Not a peep about that very telling information so far. I posted a link a few days later and the source gets two immediate critics, with one critic even saying the link was not read.
Here is an interesting thing to me. If you look at the two links and focus on information about China, then both have similar content.
It would seem even right wing sources van come close to getting things correctly. It can take a while for supporting information to come along. Our fellow member who has in the past gone to lengths to put down the USA and champion China has been silent on that lately. Not sure if he will get back to supporting China later on.

I do not write the articles I post as links. Could be a link has bias. Most every one does. The bias will not automatically mean the information is wrong.

Anyway I would have found it of value had the links been compared to see if the information matched up well. China would have been the thing to look at as it was part of both links. That did not happen.
I think you need to take a step back and stop taking it personal when someone doesn't reply to your posts. This thread is hot right now, whenever I receive a notification of a new post there are several pages of more posts. It is hard to keep up and go through every single response. I actually was making a post about the two articles and thought I posted it.

I had responded to a few of your awhile ago posts way back with a thoughtful response, and I received no follow up. You went to continue post your onslaught of MSN articles, and I gave another thoughtful response to one post and no follow up. It didn't upset me but I realized that it was a huge waste of time to give a lot of thought to the stuff you post.

The first article didn't say anything interesting really, it beings by saying that they have 30,000 scientists who signed a piece of paper. That doesn't really mean anything, not all scientists swear an oath to believe in climate change, there are different disciplines. The survey comment was questionable because we don't know the sample size, any statistic can be manipulated to make a point, also the question that asked was BS. The temperature comment was confusing and didn't make sense, because the temperatures 100 years ago or 1,000 were not the lowest temps in human civilization.

The China emission problem is something that has already been beat with a dead horse so I don't know what you are hoping gain by brining it up. The guy was simply making the point that China is releasing carbon emissions so why should we lower ours 🤷‍♂️

The 2nd article you posted when into further detail about China's coal plants and emissions. Its interesting that the emissions were declining and then steadily increased from the US withdrawal from the Pairs Climate Agreement and the current trade war. The issue with China cannot be handled locally. As the article states, it is up to our newly elected president to handle the situation and get China to lower the emissions. Despite him being a democrat I doubt he will be effective, he can't even convince congress to pass his plans so I don't see how he can get Xi to do the same. He met with Putin at the G7 summit and the ransomware attacks are still occurring. The US presidents have been weakening our superpower image since WW2. The takeaway I got was that climate change is a way for the US to exert more of its influence onto the global stage. The western world has the ability to meet CO2 reduction targets but they fail to meet them because the lack of political will, the hypocrisy is hilarious
Sponsored