Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In France it increased vaccine uptake.
I'm not talking about people who were literally forced to take the vaccine in order not to lose their jobs or not to pay huge fines. I'm talking about voluntary acceptance of the vaccine. The harder you try to impose it forcefully, the more people will reject it if they can.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I'm not talking about people who were literally forced to take the vaccine in order not to lose their jobs or not to pay huge fines. I'm talking about voluntary acceptance of the vaccine. The harder you try to impose it forcefully, the more people will reject it if they can.
Well in France it was made a requirement for certain types of activities (the Tousanticovid pass) so if you wanted to go to a restaurant for example you had to be vaccinated. That increased vaccine uptake, so it could be argued that it worked.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
And in Austria they made it compulsory by law, disobedience being punishable by heavy fines.
Sure it worked. Threats always work. Brute force always works.
But that's not the point.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Tell us all what the better solution is, or would have been 2 years ago when this all stated. Do nothing? Not try to develope any vaccine? Sill boils down to just sniveling without a better solution.
Back pedal.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
the fact that we're all fat fucks is the biggest health risk issue. being vaxxed or unvaxxed has little to no effect on the spread dude. look at stuff I posted earlier. look at public figures getting sick multiple times within months of each other that are fully vaxxed and boosted. this IS NOT a pandemic of the unvaxxed.
Who said a vaccine guarantees that the virus can't ever be spread? I think you need to do some more research. BTW ... all viruses are NOT created equal, nor mutate equal. Big surprise, huh?

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the fact that we're all fat fucks is the biggest health risk issue. being vaxxed or unvaxxed has little to no effect on the spread dude. look at stuff I posted earlier. look at public figures getting sick multiple times within months of each other that are fully vaxxed and boosted. this IS NOT a pandemic of the unvaxxed.
It certainly IS with respect to people ending up in the hospitals and dying - look at the data. That was my point about "pandemic of the unvaxxed". When the rate of people ending up in hospitals and dying gets into the endemic region and more like a yearly flu, then the pandemic is bowing out.

BTW - people who are vaccinated for the flu can still catch the flu and still spread the flu - there is no impenatriable bubble against any virus from invading a body if adequately exposed. A flu vaccine can also mean the difference between slight symptoms vs horrible symptoms, hospitalization and even death. I guess the flu vaccine isn't really a "vaccine" per your definition.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use common sense. those at risk reduce risk factors that can be reduced, and isolate. not shut down the fucking economy. destroy 100s of thousands of livelihoods. destroy childhoods by isolating children from their peers.

and tell people to lose some weight for Christ's sake! that is the second biggest risk factor, and yet no one wants to touch doing something about it with a 10 foot pole.

I have no problem with researching vaccines for it. But the due diligence has not been put in place here. There are reasons that vaccine studies takes YEARS not months to complete and get rolled out to the general public.
So what would your master plan of action be to allow everyone to keep going to work and to school and spread the virus all around to each other every day? ... especially before any vaccine existed. The economy wasn't shutdown as long as it could have been. Besides, how many people would actually want to go to work and school and breath all over each other knowing how contagious and deadly the virus was/is. Do you go to work and hang out with your co-workers knowing they might be spreading a potentially deadly disease around, or do you send your kids to school when there is a deadly virus spreading like wild fire in the schools ... really?

You make these blanket statements that have no real way to implement. Even the scientist and people in the 1918 pandemic knew how to employ some mitigating actions. You didn't see society just walking around like nothing was going on - expect the idiots of that time. And if you would have to wait YEARS for a vaccine that worked, then there would have been way more dead people on the history books, and the economy would have been hurt way more than it was.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and tell people to lose some weight for Christ's sake! that is the second biggest risk factor, and yet no one wants to touch doing something about it with a 10 foot pole.
If you want to cut down on more deaths, then maybe they should outlaw junk food and cigarettes, and mandate an excersise program ... how do you think that would go over. People are still free to kill themselves by not listening to science and caring about themselves. 🤪

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also do not have anyone telling me I should lose my job and my house and die if I do not get a flu vaccine every 3-4 months. or ever for that matter.
The flu hasn't killed 6.1 million people over the globe in two years. If it was, there would be actions taken to reduce that too.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
those at risk
Are everyone. not just fat, sick, old and grey as you nicely sum it up.
You have no idea of the long term affects of Covid. No one does. I have long hauler friends that are fucked probably forever now, along with others who suffer from things they have never had ( headaches, major brain fog, chronic eye sty’s)
Don’t be so flippant. Common sense with a million variables does not work. This isn’t like the decision of whether you should step out into traffic or not.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Are everyone. not just fat, sick, old and grey as you nicely sum it up.
You have no idea of the long term affects of Covid. No one does. I have long hauler friends that are fucked probably forever now, along with others who suffer from things they have never had ( headaches, major brain fog, chronic eye sty’s)
Don’t be so flippant. Common sense with a million variables does not work. This isn’t like the decision of whether you should step out into traffic or not.
Six people I knew are dead due to Covid to date. Two were 50, one of which was very athletic and in great shape; this one threw me for the biggest loop. To my knowledge, all six of these people were unvaxxed.

Not to mention, I will believe until the day I leave this earth that my son was done in by Covid at 32. It all totally fits knowing what we know now, but he died in early February of '20 before Covid became "official" and "real" in the US, and thus was never tested as such. In late January he had a vicious case of what the oddly overwhelmed clinic thought was the flu, complete with respiratory distress, and was sent home with a prescription despite his blood oxygen percentage being in the 80s. He passed due to cardiac arrest a week later.

As stated, nobody knows where the long haulers will end up. A friend's sister in law (mid 40s) was almost killed by Covid, but they managed to keep her alive; the virus attacked her heart nearly fatally and she has been having severe issues since. A cousin is still having headaches and brain fog. Etc.

And these are just the cases from my particular orbit. Pretty fucking official and real to me.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Six people I knew are dead due to Covid to date. Two were 50, one of which was very athletic and in great shape; this one threw me for the biggest loop. To my knowledge, all six of these people were unvaxxed.

Not to mention, I will believe until the day I leave this earth that my son was done in by Covid at 32. It all totally fits knowing what we know now, but he died in early February of '20 before Covid became "official" and "real" in the US, and thus was never tested as such. In late January he had a vicious case of what the oddly overwhelmed clinic thought was the flu, complete with respiratory distress, and was sent home with a prescription despite his blood oxygen percentage being in the 80s. He passed due to cardiac arrest a week later.

As stated, nobody knows where the long haulers will end up. A friend's sister in law (mid 40s) was almost killed by Covid, but they managed to keep her alive; the virus attacked her heart nearly fatally and she has been having severe issues since. A cousin is still having headaches and brain fog. Etc.

And these are just the cases from my particular orbit. Pretty fucking official and real to me.

I have a 32 year old son and my heart goes out to you. That is so very tragic and I am very sorry for you and your family’s loss. I couldn’t imagine what I would feel.

I know several that have died from Covid. This is not something you want to get and then play Russian roulette with your health for the rest of your life.
Sponsored