Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Look at some individual states ... for instance Colorado, Minnesota and New Hamshire Covid hospitalizations through 11/13/21. Give it some time and you will probably see the overall USA Covid cases graph start going up too from the holidays and winter surge. The overall USA data has leveled off pretty much and on the verge of turning upward some is my prediction.

Note - this is Covid hospitalizations, not just Covid cases, there's a difference. The overall

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#hospitalizations
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I did not misunderstand the graph. I did not try to hide the legend of the graph. I understood the last bit is subject to adjustment, I have been using this CDC link since back in August. It will be updated at the end of a week.

I have posted a link to this every week since August. Even when it did a small jag up briefly a few weeks ago. The portion of the graph outside the gray area is showing a downward trend in cases since a big spike in August. I figure any one can look for themselves.

To me this attack by a few on here is an example of what they doo any time someone comes up with data they do not care for. I did not generate the CDC data, only linked the site. Judge for your self.
The point weā€™re making is that there is currently an upward trend in cases, not downward. A month from now, when you look at the CDC chart for the now current time period, it will show that.
Just because the CDC chart shows a decline in cases as of right now, that doesnā€™t mean cases are ACTUALLY declining right now. It means that the data presented by the CDC hasnā€™t caught up yet.
In other words, yet again you were demonstrably wrong and once again you refuse to admit it.
Some things donā€™t seem to change.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The point weā€™re making is that there is currently an upward trend in cases, not downward. A month from now, when you look at the CDC chart for the now current time period, it will show that.
Just because the CDC chart shows a decline in cases as of right now, that doesnā€™t mean cases are ACTUALLY declining right now. It means that the data presented by the CDC hasnā€™t caught up yet.
In other words, yet again you were demonstrably wrong and once again you refuse to admit it.
It also means that some states are still going down while others are dramatically going up (you can chose states in the link I gave earlier). To me, the overall USA graph shows the decrease in Covid hospitalizations (not just cases) has about stopped and it will probably start going upwards again. Look at it again by Jan 2022 and that will tell the holiday spread story.

And to note, most of these hospitalizations again are the unvaccinated ... go figure, no surprise. šŸ¤”

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I have been posting the link to the CDC site each week since last August. I did so back a few weeks when there was a slight uptick in cases. I have nothing to admit to since I made no incorrect statements.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
US military is a bigger polluter than as many as 140 countries ā€“ shrinking this war machine is a must (theconversation.com)

Greenhouse gas emission accounting usually focuses on how much energy and fuel civilians use. But recent work, including our own, shows that the US military is one of the largest polluters in history, consuming more liquid fuels and emitting more climate-changing gases than most medium-sized countries. If the US military were a country, its fuel usage alone would make it the 47th largest emitter of greenhouse gases in the world, sitting between Peru and Portugal.

Report: The U.S. Military Emits More CO2 Than Many Industrialized Nations [Infographic] (forbes.com)

Hello; I post these links not because I think the military use of fuel is a bad thing. A strong military is needed for national defense. This question has been raised of how CO2 can be of benefit. National protection can be considered a benefit, at least I, do. I can be in favor of the military being cleaner in itā€™s operations if such is possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I have been posting the link to the CDC site each week since last August. I did so back a few weeks when there was a slight uptick in cases. I have nothing to admit to since I made no incorrect statements.
You said:

ā€œCDC COVID Data Tracker
Hello; Still a sharp decline in cases and in deaths.ā€

Would you agree that your statement isnā€™t based in fact?

If you what meant to say was that ā€œthe CDC graph INDICATESā€œ Iā€™d accept that as a reasonable excuse.

Outside of you not typing what you meant, I canā€™t see an explanation that vindicates you on this one.

Do you have a better explanation of what you meant to say, rather than what you actually said?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You said:

ā€œCDC COVID Data Tracker
Hello; Still a sharp decline in cases and in deaths.ā€

Would you agree that your statement isnā€™t based in fact?

If you what meant to say was that ā€œthe CDC graph INDICATESā€œ Iā€™d accept that as a reasonable excuse.

Outside of you not typing what you meant, I canā€™t see an explanation that vindicates you on this one.

Do you have a better explanation of what you meant to say, rather than what you actually said?
Hello; I hope anyone who reads this sees what is going on. I make a post with a link to a CDC site which has the data clearly shown if you open the link. Same site I have posted many time in recent weeks.

Some months ago I posted the sky is blue. Sure enough someone came back with a rebuttal claiming I was wrong. Something along the lines when it is overcast the sky is grey.
I even got a put down and was criticized recently because I spelled a word wrong in a post.
Getting a bit petty I think.

Figures that I must be making points when they resort to this sort of thing.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I hope anyone who reads this sees what is going on. I make a post with a link to a CDC site which has the data clearly shown if you open the link. Same site I have posted many time in recent weeks.

Some months ago I posted the sky is blue. Sure enough someone came back with a rebuttal claiming I was wrong. Something along the lines when it is overcast the sky is grey.
I even got a put down and was criticized recently because I spelled a word wrong in a post.
Getting a bit petty I think.

Figures that I must be making points when they resort to this sort of thing.
Okā€¦so youā€™re sticking with ā€œstill a sharp decline in cases and deathsā€œ thenā€¦

Ok.

More up-to-date sources disagree, but thatā€™s ok.
Itā€™s not like the CDC have explained to you that the data they use is laggingā€¦...šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Whelp I've run into non vaxer who now is positive with COVID. Had lunch with her late last week. Now I'm not allowed back in the office for awhile.

Cool story.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the main CDC tracking link I posted earlier.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

Total cases and deaths through Nov 14, 2021. Cumulative numbers are still climbing, but at a slightly slower rate since August 2021.

1637039763414.png

1637039625300.png

Daily cases and deaths. Deaths are down ... but give it a month or two and see what happens since the cases are on an up turn now, and deaths take some time to happen.

1637039890910.png

1637039931856.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Whelp I've run into non vaxer who now is positive with COVID. Had lunch with her late last week. Now I'm not allowed back in the office for awhile.

Cool story.
Meh, Iā€™m on day 19 of home quarantine. Daughter (8) was identified as a close-contact 19 days ago. Stayed home looking after her during her quarantine fortnight. She tested positive on day 13ā€¦.brilliant.
So now the entire household has to quarantine for 14 days from the date of THAT test OR 14 days from ANY positive test that occurs in the home. Eg. If my wife tests positive tomorrow, itā€™s 14 days from the date of that test.

Good times. Might be out by Xmas.
On the bright side, the Halo InfInite beta was released today and Iā€™m developing some sick skills in Rocket League šŸ˜‚

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Haven't you guys got it yet? sk47 is uneducable due to his ideation. He is so entrenched in his beliefs that no matter how much data you throw at him it will never cause a moment of clarity. He thinks he already knows the answer and will not perceive when his beliefs do not match reality. Pray for him, there is nothing else you can do.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
And one other thing. That (Hello;) shit bugs the crap out of me. Why he has to do that tells me his mind needs some therapy. Just saying.