Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/21/e2105968118

An interesting read. It lays out a possible way for mRNA to integrate itself into our DNA.

Some other papers say this might be possible but not likely.

Anyway more info to digest.

Some humor.

This follows my tin foil hat theory that our Alien overlords are starting the process of converting us from breathing O2 and switching us to methane.
“We know that certain viruses such as HIV are able to insert their RNA into the human genome, but only after they have converted it into DNA,” he says. “This is accomplished via a virus enzyme called reverse transcriptase – an enzyme humans don’t have.”

Just thought I paste this since they are calling the mRNA vaccine safe due to humans not having this enzyme.

What is to stop this enzyme being given in second or subsequent jabs?
Not sure what you are trying to insinuate by posting this link and making the connection to the vaccines. You are only further proving the point that mRNA vaccines are safe. Even if it was the case that the virus had the potential to do that, it wouldn't show up in the mRNA vaccines. The content (strand of mRNA) from the vaccine doesn't enter the cell nucleus, it goes straight to the ribosomes which go on to make the COVID19 spike proteins which then you make antibodies for. Its in your body for a very short amount of time. If the enzyme were given, it wouldn't matter because your normal DNA machinery is still intact. The enzyme would have nothing to make it active.

A random enzyme (protein) in your body isn't inherently dangerous. A random protein can be dangerous if its a prion, but those are specific prion viruses and are very different from a coronavirus. Most prions are harmless.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Not sure what you are trying to insinuate by posting this link
Not insinuating anything. Posted because it was interesting.

The only dumb question is the one not asked.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
After some more surfing of the net, it looks like the only people not shedding virus are the people who recovered from the covid.

Possibly the people who got the Johnson vax do not shed either. I will make an early call and say the mRNA vaccines are not ready for prime time.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seems weird to me that we have what appears to be, at least two people (possibly more) who have a pretty firm grasp of the medical side of the equation and yet very few, if any of the people on this forum are actually asking them questions.

It’s almost as if the majority think they already know enough.

So in light of that, here’s a series of questions (numbered for simplicity) with a preamble, for either @Gregs24 or @CJJon.
If anyone else has answers or insights, please share them.

We’ve frequently seen that the IFR in the US is predicted to be around 0.5% and the CFR confirmed to be around 2%.

Given that ~10% of the American population is known to be infected, this would mean that roughly 40% of the US population is suspected to have been infected, if the IFR figure is be regarded as accurate.

1. Is my math correct? Have I missed something in my layman’s analysis? Seems odd to me that the US has only detected 1/4 of the actual cases. Educate me please.

From memory, the data also shows that roughly 50% of the US population is fully vaccinated against Covid.

2. Is there any further breakdown of the stats on this?
eg. Of that ~50% vaccinated, what percentage are known to have previously had the virus vs those who haven’t?
What percentage of the population who haven’t been infected, remain unvaccinated?

3. Do we have any idea what percentage of the population should NOT be vaccinated for medical reasons?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
yet very few, if any of the people on this forum are actually asking them questions.
I can only speak for myself but after all the name calling ect... they lost all credibility.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I can only speak for myself but after all the name calling ect... they lost all credibility.
They have not called anyone anything that was not correct.

Not sure what you are looking for here...

I looked up one or two things you posted and you were dead wrong. Maybe they were strong in language, but you seem to mostly troll. I'd go so far as to say you and some others are attention seekers.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Calling someone ignorant when they’re demonstrably ignorant, isn’t name-calling. It’s a statement of observable fact.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Like when a spouse accuses the other of cheating most times it is the accuser that is doing the stepping out.

When people resort to name calling they usually are projecting their own inadequacies on the other person.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Like when a spouse accuses the other of cheating most times it is the accuser that is doing the stepping out.

When people resort to name calling they usually are projecting their own inadequacies on the other person.
That is a bit rich coming from you... honestly.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe?

As I’ve stated many times before, I’d be the first to throw my hand in the air and claim ignorance across a broad range of topics, including climate science.
Actually, I’d go a step further and tell you that even in my areas of expertise, I’m not an expert and that there’s ALWAYS something new to learn.
But, that doesn’t mean that I can’t spot those who are even more ignorant than I am in a given area.

I would expect that a person of broader knowledge would tell me I’m wrong when I’m wrong, and show me HOW I’m wrong, so that I can learn.

The difference here is that those who have been called ignorant, have done the better part of NOTHING to try and improve their knowledge.

That‘s not name calling, it’s an observation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They are not here to do that. We all know it.

Fact is they intentionally spread false information.
I admit that the main players seem to hold that viewpoint, but I‘m sure there are others reading the thread, who might be ever-so-slightly altering their perceptions.
Well, that’s what I’m hopeful of…

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Fact is some of them intentionally spread false information.
Yep, false info. Like man is causing the climate to change. Like masks stop the spread of covid. Like vaccinated people are safe from covid. Like people who have recovered from covid are not immune. Like the past warming and cooling periods do not show a pattern.

I'd go on but I'm bored.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Like man is causing the climate to change.
Supported by decades of science.

Like masks stop the spread of covid.
Replace the word “stop” with “reduce the likelihood”

Like vaccinated people are safe from covid.
Define “safe”. Less likely to die from Covid, sure, that’s what the evidence shows us so far.

Like people who have recovered from covid are not immune.
Documented cases of re-infection exist. Common? Maybe not. You could try asking the resident experts for the numbers…

Like the past warming and cooling periods do not show a pattern.
Once again you simplify an incredibly broad range of scientific disciplines into something you can “understand“ without having to learn anything.