Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hi Burkey,

Like others have said this is something that should be checked out. My fiance has been battling throat cancer for almost a year. It started with an odd bump on her neck and I was a real pain to her about getting it checked out. She is pro vax but anti-doctors :) At least she was until they saved her life. Things are looking good thankfully as she is officially in remission as of 2 weeks ago.

On a funny note about going to doctors.... A couple of years ago I went to the doc really sick with the flu that was supposed to be an annual physical appt. Anyways the doc wants to jamb the thumb up my backside and I'm like "dude I wouldn't do that right now wearing tan khakis after the night I've had"

He told me to remind him when I returned in a month that it still needed doing. So I dutifully told him next month I still needed the thumb up the ass and I got it :) That was really hard to say to him but it was for my own good.
The joy of reaching 50!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Way different scenario. In fact, I agree I can post whatever I want on my own property.

IN PUBLIC however no one has the right to place posters in public spaces on public property.
Different over here. You cannot post offensive items, even on your own property, if they are in public view.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I would never live under such an arrangement.
No arguments from me on that one.

I've lived under them for the last 13 years... no biggie. In my area they are common for the lifestyle I want so... choices! Plus, I've never been impacted... not an area I plan to live out my days.

Considering some of the posters here claim to live in my general vicinity, I'm glad to have HOAs...

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The article said she intended to replace it with her own, not that she did. So what?

Spirit of censorship? Do you not get that no one has a right to hang posters in public? It is perfectly acceptable to take down such posters.
Hello; Truth is I did not look at the details of the story closely. It does not much matter what either poster said. It may have been a bulletin board where people are allowed to post. I know of some in my area. It does not matter the cut person did not actually get around to posting her own poster.
The only things that matter are that some person decided to remove ( effectively censor) some concept she did not favor. That the second person did a dirty trick with a razor blade matters.
The cut woman was not removing the poster because no posters should be up at all. She was taking away content she did not like to replace it with content of her own.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Is there a difference between a poster and graffiti on public property? Article says a bridge.

Booby traps are illegal, even on private property.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Pure comedy gold here! It's not a virus, but an acronym! SNORT!

Great stuff!
Yep. This is what we talked about dozens of pages back, there has to be a reasonable, starting point for discussion. If we're talking about EVs, and your first comment is, "They're powered by the tormented souls of atheists ..." then we can't even start the conversation.

Hahaha, BTW, 19 isn't AI, it's the 19th letter of the alphabet, S ...

... as in, holy fuck is that STUPID ... :cwl:

I would never live under such an arrangement.
I fucking loathe HOAs, I mean, I sort of get it, but I don't need anyone forcing their design perspective on my choices.

At what point, does my specific green I've selected not comply with the HOA's "green options"? Who's the arbiter of good design sensibilities? I'd hazard a guess my wife and I can make better decisions in that capacity vs. most of the too-much-time-on-their-hands busy bodies who run HOAs.

So I dutifully told him next month I still needed the thumb up the ass and I got it :)
Geez, I paid extra for that ...

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Truth is I did not look at the details of the story closely. It does not much matter what either poster said. It may have been a bulletin board where people are allowed to post. I know of some in my area. It does not matter the cut person did not actually get around to posting her own poster.
The only things that matter are that some person decided to remove ( effectively censor) some concept she did not favor. That the second person did a dirty trick with a razor blade matters.
The cut woman was not removing the poster because no posters should be up at all. She was taking away content she did not like to replace it with content of her own.
Maybe it would be a good idea to do exactly this before expressing you opinions

And again you are continuing to express those opinions despite the fact that I have told you the law is different in the UK to the US.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Is there a difference between a poster and graffiti on public property? Article says a bridge.

Booby traps are illegal, even on private property.
In the UK graffiti is an offence under the The Criminal Damage Act. The poster is already likely to be an offence because of the content, and the blade is an offence because of the likelihood of causing harm. Freedom of expression laws are very different in the UK to US

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Maybe it would be a good idea to do exactly this before expressing you opinions

And again you are continuing to express those opinions despite the fact that I have told you the law is different in the UK to the US.
Hello; Thing is I get to decide what matters to me. Not at all interested in UK law. Not at all interested in what message was on either poster. Only things of interest, to me, are the actions of the individuals in the scope of both doing a bad thing. Legal or not the one should not have ripped down the poster. Legal or not the other should not have used a razor blade.

A bad episode started on a tropical fish forum around three years ago. A forum member (call her FM) described how a co worker ( call him CW)was keeping a betta fish in a bowl on his desk. The betta was not being kept well in the opinion of FM. FM decided to do something about it and took the betta fish home with her to give it better, in her opinion, care.
FM got on the fish forum telling the story and bragging about her actions. Right away many other fish forum members started posting what a good thing she had done, even the site moderators. FM got lots of likes. FM was basking in the praise for a time.

After a while one of the other members (call him OM) ask questions about the details of the action which was getting so much praise. Turns out FM had taken the betta fish without getting permission from CW. Had not even talked to him at all about the conditions of the fish before taking the fish. Had not tried to instruct CW about how to care for the fish. In fact all CW knew was his fish was gone.

OM reckoned she had stolen the fish and asked if the fish forum site was OK with supporting and condoning the theft of someone's personal property. Well for what may have been legal reasons the top moderator had to reverse his stance and say that it is indeed wrong to steal another's property. As any reading this can figure sides were taken and a bitter feud broke out among the members. This is a true story by the way.

I will not say just yet which side I took. I will ask which side you and Jon would have taken. All others feel to join in. I will make a guess based on the most recent law and order comments you two have made that you will side against the thief. Curious and awaiting a response.