2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Well, there's one in every family. 🙄
What's sad is that she was always the strange aunt but once Q became a thing and all the stuff around 2016 elections she got worse and worse, then when COVID hit and she never left the house doing NOTHIGN but reading stuff online she went full crazy. Even got on the whole 5G thing.

Nearly the whole Right side (and to be clear my issue is that so many disinformation ops heavily target the Right, not the Right itself. I suspect because they are more likely religious and it's been long proven that people more open to religion are more likely to believe information and conspiracy theories just fed to them with 0 or little validation) of my family has gone that way, her brother (my uncle) seeks advice from her and wants to be "kept in the loop" while on the other side of my family my uncle and his kids will believe ANY Facebook meme that fits in line with what they want to believe. Even if a BASIC google search to read/watch the actual live speach/interview can show its just some out of context bullshit that someone cut to convey the meaning they want it to. Then even after being shows its out of context or edited, it doesn't matter, they will use that version of the quote exclusively because it is what they wanted to hear.

I feel as much as social media early on was a good thing, now not only is social media a total mis-information mess, but social media + people over 55 = disinformation ploy's wet dream. It used to be when I was growing up my parents told me not to trust everything you read online, now that seems to be ALL that generation does. I know teenagers that spend more time validating what they read, and part of me thinks it's because the Boomer's and older (including Gen X that spent their life working manual jobs) just never learned how to use a computer properly and never learned how to use it to look up and validate information.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
In 1977 we were being told there was an ice age coming.
That hit piece is pure propaganda.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Starts thread about science. Rejects what I said and puts up chart from government agency that’s funding depends on alarmism.
I’ll respond to the first part because the rest is just dribble and I’ll explain why shortly...
Do you HONESTLY think that the recording of temps would cease if global warming wasn’t an issue? Really? Not even sure if you’re serious or joking. The collection of data is CRITICAL to the scientific method. Jobs won’t be lost. They will simply be diverted to other paths at worst.

As to the rest of it, good cherry-picking of data. Congratulations. You’ve managed to grab the data for less than 5% of the planets land-mass and ignored the oceans entirely.

The US is NOT planet Earth.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In 1977 we were being told there was an ice age coming.
That hit piece is pure propaganda.
No, you weren’t. Not by the literature that was being published in respected journals. You were watching the TV again, weren’t you? Lol.

On the bright side, science can change its mind when the evidence changes. Can you?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
2012 OPINION article Forbes.
Side question...

People give a shit about Forbes? I know in the tech(IT specifically) industry they are known as clickbait trash.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
No, you weren’t.
Science class in the school I went to in 1977 was telling us students there was an ice age coming and summers would be colder and shorter by 1990. We had a rag called the "weekly reader" that was full of ice age stuff being peddled to us kids. I think it was National Geographic that had articles about it.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Science class in the school I went to in 1977 was telling us students there was an ice age coming and summers would be colder and shorter by 1990. We had a rag called the "weekly reader" that was full of ice age stuff being peddled to us kids. I think it was National Geographic that had articles about it.
So, as I said, it wasn’t published in a respected, peer-reviewed journal....
I hate to break it to you, but national geographic isn’t a repository for the accumulated knowledge us humans have created.
Here’s a history of failed ice age predictions. Note that they weren’t accepted by the scientific consensus...
Maybe that’s why peer-review matters?

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
When I was a kid we watched cartoons like Bugs Bunny, when my kids were little they watched drivel like Captain Planet.

It's no wonder a large percentage of today's adults think we are killing the planet.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
So, as I said, it wasn’t published in a respected, peer-reviewed journal....
It was being taught to us in SCIENCE class. Just like "climate change" is being taught to kids today.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That’s the sign of out times. Don’t discuss the idea or information, just attack the source.
Because if the source is questionable it should be.

What do you mean "sign of our times" Thats literally what I was taught in school in the 90's. You ALWAYS question the source.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t give a crap about globally warming. I don’t care if the oceans rise a foot by 2100. I will have been dead for 40 years.

What I do careabout is paying for the massive transfer of wealth masquerading as science. Just like Amazon saying their data centers will be carbon neutral by 20XX. The irony is they are the biggest sellers of items that take massive amounts of energy to produce. The exponential growth of capitalism does not line up with saving the planet. The fact is exponential growth will overwhelm system at some point. Science.

Science is a religion now. You believe what you believe.
I’m sorry that you feel that the process of collecting data and assessing it with a view to gaining and understanding of the world we live in, is some kind of religion.
The only tenet of science is “thou MUST provide evidence”.
Seems quite the opposite of an religious dogma I’ve seen.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Because if the source is questionable it should be.

What do you mean "sign of our times" Thats literally what I was taught in school in the 90's. You ALWAYS question the source.
It’s the failure to question the reliability of the source and the veracity of the information contained within that has ultimately caused all of this nonsense.
Sponsored