DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
I was under the impression carbon fiber shouldn't be painted over. I'm curious to see how it came out.:thumbsup:

Yeah buddy I've seen APR's carbon painted Ingot Silver and it looked fantastic as Dennis said. I would think a few layers of paint and clearcoat would really help the carbon last. Good way to avoid that dreaded yellowing of the material
Sponsored

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Thank you Bryn @DarkHorse5.0 appreciate that :cheers: I love the look and quality of the Trufiber or Trucarbon CF pieces. The interior dash Kit and the window switch covers are a perfect fit with no rattles or misfit corners. They look as if they were stock only better :D. The other thing I like about their work is that it looks more handmade then the other Mfg's out there and to me it adds more personality. I've also been told by numerous people who have been in the aftermarket field for years that their clear-coat they use will look the same 5 years from now where as some of the others begin to yellow after a few years :shrug: I am installing their CF Ram Air Hood next week that I had a special Ruby Red candied paint job done on it. Will post up pics once installed and clear bra completed. I love your car as well one of the build threads I'm subscribed to :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the info Dennis. I think you sold me on the cf :D Can't wait to see the next tricks you have up your sleeve for this beast! I am going to be working with @ProjectWhitemare on my build thread more in detail soon. Trying to be more proactive in the Mustang community :ford:

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Thanks a lot for the info Dennis. I think you sold me on the cf :D Can't wait to see the next tricks you have up your sleeve for this beast! I am going to be working with @ProjectWhitemare on my build thread more in detail soon. Trying to be more proactive in the Mustang community :ford:
Glad to be of service Bryn :cheers: once hood is installed I'm getting the whole front end clear bra with another coating of Modesta so it should be pretty well protected. On a side not holding to have details ironed out by next week on the Nocal/SoCal meet & cruise in Monterey/ Cambria in July that I'll be updating the post. Hope you'll be able to make it Looking forward to seeing new additions to your build thread.

tweekdout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6m
Nice build! A few of us on here are now running the KW V3s and there's been a mix of inputs on what is a good mix for street/track on the rebound-compression settings. Have you found one that works well with for you with the whipple weight? Keep on modem'

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Nice build! A few of us on here are now running the KW V3s and there's been a mix of inputs on what is a good mix for street/track on the rebound-compression settings. Have you found one that works well with for you with the whipple weight? Keep on modem'
Thanks Steve, appreciate that very much!! I love the KW V3's but I'm not sure of the exact settings but I'll find out and post them up. Mike at Hillbank Motorsports set them up as aggressive street/track setting as I mainly like to drive the canyons ion the local area. With the KW's and all the BMR suspension items the car carves the canyons amazingly and turns as if it were pone solid piece. I'll be seeing Mike tomorrow so I'll check with him and post them up tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Newest Mods ready to be Installed

Well the car goes back into the shop tomorrow to get the next mods installed. Wasn't going to post anything till after install but a photo got posted on IG so I figured I might as well. It's the Trucarbon CF Ram Air hood that I had a special Ruby Red candied paint job done (Hillbanks Idea :thumbsup:). They took actual Ruby Red paint from Ford and mixed it with Clear Coat then sprayed it with three layers. From what I've been told these picture don't do it justice and that I have to see it in the sun to really appreciate it.

Trucarbon A72 Ram Air Hood: The Heat Extractor Vents I left as CF for some contrast:
CF%20Hood_zpsyelboztb.jpg

Close up of Hood
Hood%20II_zpslptk7t80.jpg

After the Hood is installed I'm getting clear bra installed on the whole front end and the hood along with the Modesta coating. Ill pick it up Saturday and post up some photos :cheers:

Last edited:

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
That hood looks awesome. Can't wait to see it on Sunday.

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
Now that is thinking out of the box Dennis...BEAUTIFUL :cheers:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Woooooooooooooooooooooow! Can't wait to see this hood on Sun morn!

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
this is amazing. and please excuse this question, im only asking b/c mine is also my daily 40-mile commuter vehicle, but how much mileage dropped from the whipple and power mods.... if you're even keeping track of that with all the fun you're having ;P ?

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow,..............that hood though! :thumbsup:
Looks killer. I love how you had it paint matched.

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
this is amazing. and please excuse this question, im only asking b/c mine is also my daily 40-mile commuter vehicle, but how much mileage dropped from the whipple and power mods.... if you're even keeping track of that with all the fun you're having ;P ?

[MENTION=19531]6g4me[/MENTION] thanks Chris. On Hwy I avg 17-18 & when I'm running it hard through the canyons I avg 10 - 11 but that's with rpm's running 4500 - 7000. For my daily drive to work it's only about 8 miles so not much driving during the week. Well worth every lost mpg :cheers:

Wow,..............that hood though! :thumbsup:
Looks killer. I love how you had it paint matched.
Thanks @Stage3 they took the factory Ruby Red and mixed it with PPG clear coat then did a three layer paint job. It's getting a clear bra put on it now with a Modesra coating. Should give it some protection and a ltlle extra shine.

OP
OP
SC_Ruby

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
New Hood Getting Clear Bra & Modesta Coating

Straight After Install by Hillbank Motorsports

Thanks to Eric at envious Detailing for send me some cell phone shots of my new CH hood with the clear bra he just installed on it and the whole front end. Tomorrow the Modesta coating gets reapplied to the whole front end as well.

Last edited:

728 PONY

728 Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT premium p/p
[MENTION=16215]SC_Ruby[/MENTION]
Simply beautiful....!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Damn, not a fan of carbon hoods, even you ruby red ones. Love the car, but too much CF for my taste. Keep goin' crazy though, it's fun to watch.
Sponsored