Sponsored

San Diego Roush 2 install price

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I pulled the trigger on a Roush Phase 2 for my '16 GT. A Roush dealer in San Diego quoted $2900 for the install (20 hours). Another shop quoted me a straight $2500. Do either of these costs sound reasonable/ballpark? Any recommendations in San Diego county would be appreciated.
Sponsored

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
Install at my Ford Dealership in Salem, OR, was 1500 for a Roush 1. That was in August of 16. Could it have gone up that much?

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I paid $1500... Canadian! That was for a Stage 2 Whipple install. That's like 1100 bucks US. Your being ripped off. Keep looking man. Hate to see you burn up money like that.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That’s awfully high price quote. I paid $9,018 total for my Roush Phase 2 kit installed on my 17 at a Roush Authorized dealer in NJ.

$7,500 Roush Phase 2
$1,518 Dealer Installation

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eljay52

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Beefcake hooked me up with a sweet deal on the kit so I'm ahead there. I'm waiting to hear back from Stillen in Orange County. I'll post my final cost on the install when I get it.

Stunner67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 400A Premium
I pulled the trigger on a Roush Phase 2 for my '16 GT. A Roush dealer in San Diego quoted $2900 for the install (20 hours). Another shop quoted me a straight $2500. Do either of these costs sound reasonable/ballpark? Any recommendations in San Diego county would be appreciated.
Thanks California for you. Watch the CJ pony parts YouTube video. I'm going to install it myself and save the money. I suggest finding a local non-dealer shop that does performance installs. Its going to need a new tune. That cost from Ford is much higher than a speed shop and they will limit your performance.If you are worried about warranty, contact dealers in Arizona and take a short vacation like in Scottsdale or something.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I did the install with some freinds helping. Its not rocket science just a shit ton of steps to follow but no biggie. Plenty of info in their install manual and online here.

OP
OP
Eljay52

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
I did the install with some freinds helping. Its not rocket science just a shit ton of steps to follow but no biggie. Plenty of info in their install manual and online here.
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been watching some install videos. I'm tempted to give it a try. I'll check out the installation instructions when the kit arrives. Beefcake hooked me up with a speed shop in LA that's about 1K less than the Roush dealer and speed shops here in San Diego. I might just go that route. Time to do the install is the limiting factor for me, but I'd like to say that I did it myself.

Sponsored

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I got my kit from beefcake as well....he's a good dude. If that shop has done the install before then yeah go that route. It took us 3 Saturday's. We were not rushing at all.

OP
OP
Eljay52

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
I got my kit from beefcake as well....he's a good dude. If that shop has done the install before then yeah go that route. It took us 3 Saturday's. We were not rushing at all.
Thanks. I'm going to call them today. Addiction Motorsports in Simi Valley.
Sponsored