D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Can't find exactly what I'm looking for so I decided to ask here. Just wondering, since Ford has three engine options for the Mustang, does anyone know what the percentage of sales is for the GT, EB, and v6? Or at least a lead on where to find out.
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Can't find exactly what I'm looking for so I decided to ask here. Just wondering, since Ford has three engine options for the Mustang, does anyone know what the percentage of sales is for the GT, EB, and v6? Or at least a lead on where to find out.
like 54% eco, 26% v6 and 20% gt

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT

packick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Coupe Premium
wblv17: You didn't cite the source for your statistics. Where did you find them?

Sponsored

OP
OP

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Yes it is a serious question. As an owner of the cousin that no one wants to mention I am curious. The aftermarket says there is not enough demand for the v6 to make worth their while to fool with them. So without knowing the market share of each, it's hard to see if the argument has any validity. I did actually did get the v6 so I wouldn't be tempted to get into the mindset of going just a little faster, and faster, ETC. Didn't work very well, old habits die hard!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I think it is 40% GT, 40% Eco and 20% V6. Might even be 40% GT, 50% Eco and 10% V6.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
There are surely fans of the v6, and there are many pre-gen6 v6 models out there in the wild.

It really is the compromise between Eco and GT in the sense of no throttle lag, and closer in sound to v8 than i4.

I can't help but wonder what the sales figures would be if the v6 was offered in Premium spec. But then Ford would have two models competing for the same position with similar HP and price.

Sponsored
OP
OP

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
There are surely fans of the v6, and there are many pre-gen6 v6 models out there in the wild.

It really is the compromise between Eco and GT in the sense of no throttle lag, and closer in sound to v8 than i4.

I can't help but wonder what the sales figures would be if the v6 was offered in Premium spec. But then Ford would have two models competing for the same position with similar HP and price.
I can't help but wonder what the sales figures would be had Ford just put the 3.5 EB in the Mustang instead of the 2.3. To much competition for the GT I'd guess. I'm surprised the market share for the v6 is that high, what I don't understand is why they even built it in the first place. If they hadn't I'd still be driving my 2012 Mustang.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Nope completely full of it so I can't post a link to made up numbers. But this questions been asked a few times recently. Truth is is they where released it would be a long thread here. 1 north west dealer doesn't tell the whole story either��. My little town already has 3 used v6 for sale with two at the Toyota dealer. All look like used rentals. Will see if ford releases the numbers one day. Until then everything is numbers pulled out of the air.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
you couldn't get me in a v6 model with a 10 foot pole. Ecoboost to me is a significantly better option. I am of course gauging this with the ownership of my modded up Focus ST w/ the 2.0 Ecoboost and that thing hauls ass.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
you couldn't get me in a v6 model with a 10 foot pole. Ecoboost to me is a significantly better option. I am of course gauging this with the ownership of my modded up Focus ST w/ the 2.0 Ecoboost and that thing hauls ass.
Just like I probably wouldn't have bought a Mustang this year if they didnt have the V6, the 5.0 being out of budget for a DD personnally, and the Ecoboost being gutless (as in soundless and sounding like my previous european Fiesta) to me...
To each their own, but yeah, not offering the Premium on the 6 is definitely what saved their "let's push the EB's sales" policy
Sponsored