Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
So 3 years has passed since i picked up my mustang ❤
and now she lives here
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201912135298239

P1040792-1s.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm shifting it on to a new home, and I'm really sad about it!
No more "yeeooo mustang" heckles from bystanders and people egging you on to rev it up for them - I genuinely am gutted about that as it was like driving around a celebrity at times.

Mostly I'll miss the grabber blue colour - I never knew it was my favourite colour until i got one!

Things i won't miss?
  • i got it in manual, and I have sciatica. Working the clutch KILLED me on anything longer than half an hour's journey
  • Having to rev the shit out of it to get moving - I guess the downside to no turbo or supercharger
  • I was never truly in love with its side profile
  • The number of tyres i went through

In truth, if i had got this car in Auto i think i would probably have kept it, and even as i'm writing this i'm rethinking whether i actually want to get rid of it at all....

BUT - i did try and force myself into selling it by purchasing this baby - which was always my dream car - and in fact the only reason i got the mustang was because i couldn't afford this at the time!

IMG_9064.jpg

I was slightly tempted to go up to the 2020 maybe in the orange fury, auto box - but price hike, and it was all a bit just, why?

So here is my love letter to the mustang - first car i've actually been gutted to part with - had my first kiss with my new partner (and for sure who i'm going to marry) in it, after a very turbulent end to a previous relationship

Maybe if i wrap the f type in grabber blue as a homage to the mustang i'll feel better about it.

In other news, the F Type R is ridiculous! Exhaust is insane, and you can go sideways without doing a 180 which is nice
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Shame you are selling pal, I know that must have been a horrendous decision. I suffer from sciatica too and have a manual. I've started taking cbd oil and it's really calmed it down. One thing I didnt understand was you have to rev it to ale it move? I find its ballistacally quickly in any gear except 6th

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shame you are selling pal, I know that must have been a horrendous decision. I suffer from sciatica too and have a manual. I've started taking cbd oil and it's really calmed it down. One thing I didnt understand was you have to rev it to ale it move? I find its ballistacally quickly in any gear except 6th
don't get me wrong its quick yes - (when you can get the power down of course)

What i mean by that is i'm revving it up to 4000+ in first gear to get moving - and creating a holy racket with my exhaust :cwl:
I found I was trying to get away in second most of the time to avoid having to do the gear change between 1 and 2.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds like your Mustang adventure was a good one, and a worthy replacement - always been a fan of the FType and if that was the dream, then good on you for trading up!

I think that's the first time I've heard a comment on not liking the side profile! Very interested to know why? It's one of the best side profiles on the roads atm imo.

Anyway, happy motoring, and maybe see you back in future ;)

P.s. is that the genuine GT350 spoiler you have in the photo? I need that in my life

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Sad to see her go but a Mustang can get sideways without doing a 180 lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sad to see her go but a Mustang can get sideways without doing a 180 lol.
I know, I'm exaggerating - but im def not exaggerating when i say the f type is a whole other level of control when u send it sideways. not that i often get the chance to do that really

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like your Mustang adventure was a good one, and a worthy replacement - always been a fan of the FType and if that was the dream, then good on you for trading up!

I think that's the first time I've heard a comment on not liking the side profile! Very interested to know why? It's one of the best side profiles on the roads atm imo.

P.s. is that the genuine GT350 spoiler you have in the photo? I need that in my life
I think its the boot perhaps, I'm not sure what bothers me (the spoiler helps a lot) - although saying that, the GT350 side profile is amazing, the fenders are :inlove:

BUT

i freekin love it from the front, back / angle - basically everywhere else looks great.
in fact, i'm having second thoughts again

am I daft for wanting to just keep it too lol - maybe I shouldn't get so attached

P.s. - that is the ford GT350 Track Pack spoiler - was my favourite of the lot.
Well actually, my favourite was the one on the 2015 shelby gt - but i couldn't source anything other than the genuine one, and it was a fortune

af19b1f8a63fbe00d165cc2ff7fbec6f--gt-mustang--ford-mustang.jpg

Last edited:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)

I love the side profile too, its just ever so slightly behind the rear of the car to me.

Anyway, I am a jag man myself and that sir is lovely!

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Shame to see the Mustang go but the jag looks very nice! That pic of your car was a bit of inspiration for me a year or two ago with my previous Ecoboost too :like:

24E3050D-C798-41D3-8350-62FA664BCCF6.jpeg

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
You may be a jaguar driver now but you've still got the working class mustang roots in that picture with the bins in the background :D

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Love the Jag awesome car would be on my list own too tho if i could keep both i certainly would lol
Enjoy the Jag

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyway, I am a jag man myself and that sir is lovely!
Thank you :like:

Shame to see the Mustang go but the jag looks very nice! That pic of your car was a bit of inspiration for me a year or two ago with my previous Ecoboost too :like:
Amazing! looks exactly the same haha! - it's such a great car. The blue is :inlove:

You may be a jaguar driver now but you've still got the working class mustang roots in that picture with the bins in the background :D
whoops !

Love the Jag awesome car would be on my list own too tho if i could keep both i certainly would lol
Enjoy the Jag
I'm so tempted to just keep it.. but its really just a waste of money having it sitting there in the drive

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Thank you :like:

Amazing! looks exactly the same haha! - it's such a great car. The blue is :inlove:

whoops !

I'm so tempted to just keep it.. but its really just a waste of money having it sitting there in the drive
Jag's are 'two a penny' I'm thinking.

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
One of the senior managers where I work drives an F type.
He saw me in the corridor and said have you got your keys I’m dying to have a look at your car.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuchhh!!!

I can’t do it

Just emailed the car buyer place and told them not to bother picking it up ... going to keep it

:blush:
Sponsored