Sponsored

s550 ride heights?

speedracer99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Ok so a little help? 2018 mustang gt road race car new build. trying to get on track this coming weekend to shake it down. Stuck on ride heights as what to set it at. First mustang ive build and run so kinda clueless on this. Mcs coilovers f/r and using 25mm front spacers to clear the struts with 18x10 rim and 295 hoosier r7 tire. at 5" (measure from frame inside the pinch weld - nasa min req and scca is even lower) there is no way the tire will not hit the fender lip (barely but will hit). Any proven suggestions so I can continue with the setup and finish?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
-3deg camber? Can you get away with 20mm spacer?

OP
OP

speedracer99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
have the lower strut camber bolts all the way out and the vorshlag camber plates all the way in so thinking -3 deg (ill get my alignment stuff on it next after corner weight). tried a 20mm spacer and tire hits the shock collars so back to 25mm to clear it. I lifted it up to a 6" ride height and looks like it will work there but still don't know what should be optimal for these cars. I saw someone pose about a fp350s and 24" from ground to fender and there is no way that's possible with the 20 or 25mm spacers - I was at 26" that way (which I don't think is real accurate).

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I will check tonight but I believe mine is set at 5" to meet NASA standard, and with -3 camber on the front I am just fine. Any lower than this and the geometry of the suspension is not correct and will induce some bump steer and other set up relate issues. In your case running MCS coil overs (unless they changed something from mine) and any lower than this will leave you with very little up travel and you will bottom the suspension out and you may as well be driving a go cart.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ground fo fender, riding on short 315/30R18 tires my 2016 GT is 26 3/4-7/8 front and around 27” rear, and thats about 3/4” lower than stock.

If you’re 26”, you’re way too low IMHO.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
The starting point I have seen is 24" (bottom of wheel to fender) on 18" wheels and then 24.25-24.5" in the rear. corner balance from there

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
have the lower strut camber bolts all the way out and the vorshlag camber plates all the way in so thinking -3 deg (ill get my alignment stuff on it next after corner weight). tried a 20mm spacer and tire hits the shock collars so back to 25mm to clear it. I lifted it up to a 6" ride height and looks like it will work there but still don't know what should be optimal for these cars. I saw someone pose about a fp350s and 24" from ground to fender and there is no way that's possible with the 20 or 25mm spacers - I was at 26" that way (which I don't think is real accurate).
I dont think the FP350s uses spacers (well it depends if the owner went for the optional forgeline package). The front wheel offsets of the FP350s is +18 so there isnt a need for a spacer.

FORGELINE GS1R GT4 MUSTANG WHEELS (4) SATIN BLACK 18″x11″ | KohR Motorsports

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I will check tonight but I believe mine is set at 5" to meet NASA standard, and with -3 camber on the front I am just fine. Any lower than this and the geometry of the suspension is not correct and will induce some bump steer and other set up relate issues. In your case running MCS coil overs (unless they changed something from mine) and any lower than this will leave you with very little up travel and you will bottom the suspension out and you may as well be driving a go cart.
what height are you at from bottom of wheel to fender?

OP
OP

speedracer99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have been measuring from the bottom of the chassis (inside and just above the pinch weld) with the creative racing laser height measure things (some of the best $1500 ive spent on chassis equipment and integrates to my scales as well - so much so I became a dealer for them) and settled on 6" ride height there and looks ok. I will have to measure from wheel to fender to see what that is. from what im reading I'll need like 1/4" of rake front to rear. supposed to go testing this weekend and if can get the rest together will see how it shakes out (or shakes apart lol). I will update tomorrow on the wheel to fender measurement.

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The starting point I have seen is 24" (bottom of wheel to fender) on 18" wheels and then 24.25-24.5" in the rear. corner balance from there
Mine is 24” fender to bottom of the wheel on 18” wheels both front and rear. It probably could use slightly more rake so I would say the 24” front 24.25” rear would be a spot on place to start.
Sponsored