HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm not pulling over unless the car is clearly marked and plated as LEO.

Anyone can install lights on their vehicle.
True. I worked with someone who had red and blue lights hidden in his grill and I don't know how the hell he got them, but his vanity plate was AZ DPS. Definitely not or ever was a LEO and subsequently fled the state after being arrested with a bag of guns at work and a hit list in his apartment. Never was extradited from Florida and died a few years ago.

But since real cops have unmarked cars and generic plates (or rear plates only) what is your procedure? I mean up until the PIT maneuver.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
True. I worked with someone who had red and blue lights hidden in his grill and I don't know how the hell he got them, but his vanity plate was AZ DPS. Definitely not or ever was a LEO and subsequently fled the state after being arrested with a bag of guns at work and a hit list in his apartment. Never was extradited from Florida and died a few years ago.

But since real cops have unmarked cars and generic plates (or rear plates only) what is your procedure? I mean up until the PIT maneuver.
Call 911 and tell them the situation, and to get a marked car out there before I pull over.

Just to be an ass about it, TBH.

Local is a plain 2003 Chevrolet Impala that is an undercover car. It prowls the freeway I take to work.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Call 911 and tell them the situation, and to get a marked car out there before I pull over.
Seems inefficient and even dangerous if you're being pulled over because your car matches one driven by a cop killer.

Consider a bumper sticker saying:

"unmarked LEOs must call for marked backup before I'll stop"

Then you will be safe from any criminal not clever enough to put a "to protect and serve" sticker on their fender. :wink:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Oh, I remember the days of the fox body interceptors for KSP.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Oh, I remember the days of the fox body interceptors for KSP.
A friend bought an unmarked fox body in white. It has lots of upgrades from what he has posted on another board. And a nice shotgun mount behind the seats. Also 5 lug wheels.

BostonAvila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boston
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Stumbled upon this thread and couldn't resist chiming in. S550 Police Interceptors are a class of their own, right? The power and performance are undeniable. I've heard enthusiasts rave about their durability and the thrill of driving one.

For those in the know, any tips on snagging a good deal on these beasts? I've been eyeing some potential options at Police Auctions USA. Anyone had any luck there? It sounds like a treasure trove for those looking to score a great deal on these iconic cruisers.

Last edited:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Stumbled upon this thread and couldn't resist chiming in. S550 Police Interceptors are a class of their own, right? The power and performance are undeniable. I've heard enthusiasts rave about their durability and the thrill of driving one.
Yup, just not a lot of room for back seat “passengers”.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Don't EVEN think that a passenger is going to be stuffed in the back of a S550 or 650 interceptor. That's what beat cars are for. They have back seats and shields.

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
If you're really nice AND they have an anchor point, you can ride in the front passenger seat.....what? "How do I know?".....ummmmm, errrrrrrr, read it on the Internet....yeah, that's it!
Sponsored