Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Yeah, I know. I'm one. I just don't like to "debate" the same hackneyed arguments time and time again. Nobody is ever convinced, and nobody leaves happy.

FWIW, I have gone back and forth on a few car-carry firearms. I've gone from a compact 10mm to a .357 J-frame to now a Ruger LC9 so that it's easy to pocket carry when I leave the vehicle.

I'm not sure if that's what I'll end up with as a "final" solution, but it's good for right now. 7+1 of 9mm is just fine, though I really wish I could find a reliable polymer compact 10mm!
Anyone carry a Walter PPK and called James :D
Over here you are not even allowed a plastic one, if it is painted in the colour black, on eBay you might be able to get hold of a blue plastic one
I was in Sweden last year, and popped into a toy shop (as you do) and was pretty surprised to see them selling toy guns which looked exactly like the real things, guns, rifles, machine guns. They cant see anything wrong in it as they are only toys, problem is "unless you feel the weight of it" you would not know
But their crime rate is very low, and gun crime is nonexistant
I dont have a problem with people defending themselves and their property, my Dad was a London Cabbie, he got mugged one Easter, 2 blokes with shotguns, one knocked him out, he come to as they were trying to pull his ring off, managed to push him out and slam the cab into reverse was am Auto, and got out of there
Now if my Dad had a Gun, would it have resulated in a gun fight?
its a difficult situation to judge.
They managed to catch the 2 blokes as they tried it again, but this Cabbie had their details and radioed ahead and the Police surrounded the cab and arrested them
the following night my Dad was back at work
I think in a way its like Peace between the US and Russia, as both know there would be no winners, and they would both by screwed, peace is kept by fear, but if one got rid of their weapons then the other would have a massive advantage.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you read the articles the only thing that stopped the bad guy was a steak knife to the chest.
Steak knifes are too dangerous. Years ago, a local homicide detective died when he tripped in his kitchen and landed on the blade of a steak knife he was carrying. Until knifes have safeties, I'll stick with guns.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Yeah, I know. I'm one. I just don't like to "debate" the same hackneyed arguments time and time again. Nobody is ever convinced, and nobody leaves happy.

FWIW, I have gone back and forth on a few car-carry firearms. I've gone from a compact 10mm to a .357 J-frame to now a Ruger LC9 so that it's easy to pocket carry when I leave the vehicle.

I'm not sure if that's what I'll end up with as a "final" solution, but it's good for right now. 7+1 of 9mm is just fine, though I really wish I could find a reliable polymer compact 10mm!
The G29 seems reliable. It's a chunky subcompact but my G20 has never had an issue. Load it up with some Double Tap rounds (I have the 135gr and the 220gr. Dangerous Game Penetrators). Both are wicked rounds! To ease the kick, I dropped in a Wolff steel guide rod and spring with slightly increased tension.

I'll be honest, I usually only use the 10mm in the wilderness as it'll stop anything I need it to. While I have carried it in a Sidarmor IWB for a year or so back in my early 20's, a 9mm is more than adequate for my needs.

-Emt1581

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would only use especially made guns and holsters that are designed and approved for the S550 Mustang,otherwise you could be in violation of Federa,State,and Ford Motor Company policy,which could carry a huge fine, and 10 years imprisionment.Make sure before you buy or carry,that it is approved for the S550 Mustang.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Back on topic - I have two firearms that are my "regular" carry pieces depending upon my dress and perceived risk level (driven by where I am going/travelling). 75% of the time I carry an XDs .45 AIWB with a spare mag in my pocket. The minority of time I carry an XDsc 9mm AIWB with a spare mag in a belt carrier.

The XDs is very thin and even under just a T-Shirt its invisible (I am 6'3" 250lbs). Its small enough that I just leave it tucked when driving.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I carry a Beretta 92a1. I keep it behind he passenger seat pocket. I don't carry it with me when I leave my car when I'm at the store or wherever it is I'm going.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Taurus 9mm in the glove box,, and big ass hunting knife in my Boat bag that sits on the passenger seat.I am going to get an Uzi for the spare tire hole.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There is no such thing as legal carry in New Jersey. So I have a Ruger LCP for it's extreme concealability.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
There is no such thing as legal carry in New Jersey. So I have a Ruger LCP for it's extreme concealability.
I just picked up a Ruger LCP for my wife but will be trading it in due to the lack of a safety. I am from Jersey and understand the restrictions and consequences. Get yourself a trap shooting shotgun instead and join thunder mountain. That way you are legally able to transport in the trunk.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
12 gauge Winchester Defender. Short, but legal barrel length and pistol grip.

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
G19-IWB depending on what shirt I wear,been ccw everyday last 19 years.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
That's not entirely true. A few years back I spoke to a guy that shared a pretty clever way to get a license to carry there. PM me if you want more info.

But yes, this is one of many reasons I live 15min from the Jersey border and go over it maybe twice a year if that.

-Emt1581

Goatdad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT PP 6M
What: Depends on what I'm doing or where I'm going. Anything from a Kimber Pro Raptor .45 to an XD SC 9mm.
Where: ALWAYS on my person. If I need to leave it in my car it gets locked in a small gun "vault" that's cable tied to part of the car. Things happen quickly and usually by surprise, under the seat, in the pocket behind the passenger seat, glove box....all useless locations when you'll really need it.
JMHO
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.